Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think we will hear the loudest boo birds ever!!! That will for Nagy to play Fields the 2nd half. And the fans! Will lead the bears to the playoffs based on the home crowd pressure to play him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy will stick to his plan. It's not set in stone as we all discover that Fields is a quick learner and further along than expected. He won't need a year like Mahomes did. Dude could be in MENSA and doesn't require mechanical tweaks nor looks like he needs to learn how to drop. Once practice reps no longer need corrections as they run through the playbook, it will be time for live action.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Your boos won’t make the qb change happen

if dalton is being abused like a rag doll no matter what you won’t see fields. If dalton just goes out there and looks like dalton odds jump to a 50-50 shot of seeing fields

one thing for sure this is the first time with Naggy in control dealing with a first year qb. So no one really knows what his plan is bringing fields along. All we know is they told dalton he’s the starting qb

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields will look and play better than Mahomes did his in his 1st game regardless of when he starts. Nagy will not put Justin on the same schedule as Patrick had. They are extremely different in preparedness coming out of college.

He'll hold Fields long enough to be sure of what he currently has in terms of players, available scheme and game film (pro Ds) to not have him backing up before going forward. Obviously Fields mental assimilation is part of that but somehow, I don't think that will play into it. Nagy will set the table before serving up Fields.

I expect Fields to be playing at the end of the year and if this team has a shot at the playoffs, he'll be better off with more than a handful of games to face those Ds. The latest that this switch should happen is the bye.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think we will hear the loudest boo birds ever!!! That will for Nagy to play Fields the 2nd half. And the fans! Will lead the bears to the playoffs based on the home crowd pressure to play him.
Not gonna happen.

Week 1 (away) - Dalton sux.

Week 2 (home) - Dalton plays, Dalton sux, fans boo and Nagy thinks to replace Dalton the following week.

Week 3 (away) - Nagy hears no boos so he decides to keep Dalton as starter.

Weeks 4,6,8,10, 12,14,16 (home) - Dalton plays, Dalton sux, fans boo and Nagy thinks about replacing Dalton the following week.

Weeks 5,7,9,11,13,15 (away) - Nagy hears no boos so he decides to keep Dalton as starter.

Week 17 (home) - Nagy finally decides to start Fields to give him some NFL experience

The fans are not going to affect anything ... unless they put up billboards.

All the above should have been green text.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Agree. Depends on the O line. Has to be competent to consider Fields.

But, do you think Andy Dalton is doing flash cards? He is new to the offense too.

Pumped!!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Nah man. I think there's a real chance that we don't lose until the Buccs.

If Rogers leaves, we're beating the shit out of the pack. FGB.

I think we can beat the Rams.

So, there's a possibility that Andy Friggin' Dalton has a sick winning record, until that second quarter smacks him uspide his head.

Just saying. So, maybe we see Fields after the bye, but I don't know. I'm good. Last I checked, he's still on our team.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Dalton sucks now and the goal is for the Bears to be a running team if thats actually the case I don't doubt for one second that Fields can hand the damn ball off as good as Dalton and Foles.

You protect Fields by committing to and sticking with the running game and not trying to air it out for 40-50 attempts every game .

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Dalton sucks now and the goal is for the Bears to be a running team if thats actually the case I don't doubt for one second that Fields can hand the damn ball off as good as Dalton and Foles.

You protect Fields by committing to and sticking with the running game and not trying to air it out for 40-50 attempts every game .
Nagy can’t stick to that plan though. Especially with fields. We might not see a run play until week 3

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL @ Dalton starting. It'll be nice when the season starts so we don't have to hear this stupid shit anymore.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
LOL @ Dalton starting. It'll be nice when the season starts so we don't have to hear this stupid shit anymore.
I think training camp is going to make it really hard for Nagy to actually roll Dalton out there when everyone can see fields is better. The only way I'd think it happens is if the oline looks terrible and they don't want to risk fields until they get it straightened out. Or potentially some deficiency pops up with fields that we haven't heard of yet

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nagy will stick to his plan. It's not set in stone as we all discover that Fields is a quick learner and further along than expected. He won't need a year like Mahomes did. Dude could be in MENSA and doesn't require mechanical tweaks nor looks like he needs to learn how to drop. Once practice reps no longer need corrections as they run through the playbook, it will be time for live action.
I don't think Mahomes even needed a year or any games to sit and learn, it's just that the Chiefs had a legit vet QB that they could win with with Alex Smith so they had the luxury of bringing Mahomes along as slow as they wanted to.

I'm not as down on Dalton as most are but it's gonna be tough for him to play well these first 3-4-5 games or however many he plays when coming into a new team with a new system and new coaches and new players to learn to play with. Look how long it took Brady last year to get things rolling with the Bucs offense.

I'm as excited as anyone to get going with Fields and think i'm still giddy as hell that we even were able to draft him but it'll definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't think Mahomes even needed a year or any games to sit and learn, it's just that the Chiefs had a legit vet QB that they could win with with Alex Smith so they had the luxury of bringing Mahomes along as slow as they wanted to.

I'm not as down on Dalton as most are but it's gonna be tough for him to play well these first 3-4-5 games or however many he plays when coming into a new team with a new system and new coaches and new players to learn to play with. Look how long it took Brady last year to get things rolling with the Bucs offense.

I'm as excited as anyone to get going with Fields and think i'm still giddy as hell that we even were able to draft him but it'll definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out.
I'm not really down on Dalton either. I think hes a decent qb. But he's been put into a bad situation here. He knows if he's starter that the fans will turn on him with any mistakes and it is only a matter of time until he is replaced. It can't be a comfortable situation to be in.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm not really down on Dalton either. I think hes a decent qb. But he's been put into a bad situation here. He knows if he's starter that the fans will turn on him with any mistakes and it is only a matter of time until he is replaced. It can't be a comfortable situation to be in.
Can't wait to see CCS blow up when Dalton gets benched for................................
images

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can't wait to see CCS blow up when Dalton gets benched for................................
images
I'm sorry about that guys. I feel horrible right now...:homerbush: