If he diesnt take QB early or trades back up to get one

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me J. Peppers...put him at safety. It would be nice to have a playmaker in the secondary. I can see M. BROWN type ability, minus the injuries.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, the Bears having a safety that doesn't get injured? You might as well pray for the second coming of Peyton Manning instead.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, the Bears having a safety that doesn't get injured? You might as well pray for the second coming of Peyton Manning instead.

Lmao...I know. He has been durable at Michigan....its all i can hope for

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers is a nice prospect, but top 4 pick I think you need to go QB, T, or Pass Rusher.

I agree, I rather have a QB or stud Olineman...but if he chooses not to...I want a game changing safety. Dude does it all and is rare imo.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love Peppers on this team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Give me J. Peppers...put him at safety. It would be nice to have a playmaker in the secondary. I can see M. BROWN type ability, minus the injuries.

You needed a thread for something we've talked about in 10 other threads??

Urb-LOCK it up

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You needed a thread for something we've talked about in 10 other threads??

Urb-LOCK it up

Yes, just like you had to come in and chime on this thread, although you apparently are talking about this in 10 others

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Peppers got his first career INT today. How the hell is that possible with that kind of athletic ability? That is a huge red flag for a guy you want securing the back half of your D.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers got his first career INT today. How the hell is that possible with that kind of athletic ability? That is a huge red flag for a guy you want securing the back half of your D.

Plays a ton of LB

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

They play him all over the place.

I'm kind of split on that though because the Michigan D is pretty good so it's not like they really need him to do that. I would think playing all over the place gives him more opportunity to do something in that case, not because everyone else sucks so they need 1 guy to do everything.

I don't believe it matters that much though. He still makes more than his share of plays especially near the line of scrimmage.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
They play him all over the place.

I'm kind of split on that though because the Michigan D is pretty good so it's not like they really need him to do that. I would think playing all over the place gives him more opportunity to do something in that case, not because everyone else sucks so they need 1 guy to do everything.

I don't believe it matters that much though. He still makes more than his share of plays especially near the line of scrimmage.

That is actually part of the problem for me. I think he is going to be best used as a near-the-line SS, which is where most of our safeties project to play their best.

Our D needs are CB, FS, and rotational NT, in that order

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
That is actually part of the problem for me. I think he is going to be best used as a near-the-line SS, which is where most of our safeties project to play their best.

Our D needs are CB, FS, and rotational NT, in that order

This is the truth for me. If it was up to me I'd definitely want Marlon Humphrey before him if it came down to it. Jamal Adams also might be the best Safety in the draft since he hasn't been moved around and doesn't need as much development as Peppers. Plays better in space as well. It's definitely not a given that Peppers is the best DB in the draft.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Because he plays 13 other positions in all 3 phases, literally. Last i checked, Sam backers don't normally set the world on fire with picks. That is his primary position.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers is an electric player, the kind of guy this defensive backfield is sorely missing. If Garrett were off the board and Bears aren't sold with any QB's in the top 3 I wouldn't be upset with this pick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I love Peppers the athlete, but I don't think he's a great fit for the Bears. He's more of an underneath safety, similar to Amos, HJQ, and Bush. The Bears really need a S with ball skills and coverage ability. Hooker fits better for what the Bears need, and I don't think either guy is worth a top 3 pick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk