If I'm Mitchs agent I tell him to not play

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, I get all that but overall, he's seen a lot of pressure as well. The Lions work for him because of the all the man they play and I doubt a rush would be a huge burden when facing them anyway. He just looks better against them due to not having to read much zone. I don't trust your clean pocket stats or PFF stats in general. Hub raked them over the coals last night for how poor their performance tallies are. For instance, they have Leno and Ifedi as well above the mean in performance this year. :rolleyes: That was my point and no, it doesn't make Mitch any better.

Leno is the 45th graded tackle. Ifedi is the 38th graded tackle so Hub is wrong or he must have said that earlier in the season when they had better grades against shit teams. Their grades have plumetted as they faced better teams so the PFF data is pretty much consistent with the flow of the season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Those are mid pack #s. There's 64 of each, more with replacements that have played. They have not played well at any point this season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed I dont think Mitch will quit either, doesnt mean that his agent tells him it would be better if he never played for the Bears again. (what this thread is about)

Talk about a vortex. So you started a thread to talk about something you dont actually believe is going to happen.

Congratulations! You have progressed from a Vortex Youngling to a Vortex Padawan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Those are mid pack #s. There's 64 of each, more with replacements that have played. They have not played well at any point this season.

You said above the mean. If there are 64 starters then Leno is the 45 out of 64 which is well below average. Ifedi is 38 out of 64 which is below average. Further people were in fact praising Ifedi at the start of the year and I believe you were one of them so to say he has not played well at any point is just false. There was a lot of hype around the OL playing well at the start of the season especially Ifedi.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes it's changed to midpack. So what? It's still makes the point. You may win the debate on a fine point technicality but lose on the intent of the primary proposition. PFF sucks and is unreliable for data outside of static data like sets counts etc.

I'm curious since you have a subscription. Where does Mitch rank this year?

Last edited:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remy, everything you said from the start of this year is literally just pathetic. You’ve been wrong multiple times every week. How you can boast and pretend like you’re some insightful analyst is truly detached from reality.

You’ve been right about absolutely nothing. You think he sucks but want him to play? You think he can’t read a defense so what makes him better than Bray?

just admit you don’t know shit. Because after 10 weeks and an entire offseason of being wrong it’s fair to say you don’t.
Hey man. Talk to Remy like that and bad things happen. Shark fucked with him once. End of shark. Remy don't play.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Talk about a vortex. So you started a thread to talk about something you dont actually believe is going to happen.

Congratulations! You have progressed from a Vortex Youngling to a Vortex Padawan.

No vortex this thread is about "If Im Mitches agent I tell him not to play" its in the title of the thread lol

Players are always going to want to play, thats why you have an agent to make sure you do the right thing for you financial future

msadows

Liked Posts:
No vortex this thread is about "If Im Mitches agent I tell him not to play" its in the title of the thread lol

Players are always going to want to play, thats why you have an agent to make sure you do the right thing for you financial future

I still think he can't hurt his stock playing.

He's already injured. Either way he will need shoulder surgery in the offseason again(for the 3rd straight fucking year, LOL!).

He's gonna make like no money as a backup due to those injury concerns. If he goes out there, and outplays foles in this shitty offense, there might be a team or two who could find him intriguing. Shit, if he plays well there might even be a team who drafts a QB high(like the jets, niners, pats, jags, etc) who might want to make him the temporary starter until the rookie is ready.

Worst case scenario he goes in there, shits the bed, and doesn't really lose out on money anyways. His stock is at an all time low.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I still think he can't hurt his stock playing.

He's already injured. Either way he will need shoulder surgery in the offseason again(for the 3rd straight fucking year, LOL!).

He's gonna make like no money as a backup due to those injury concerns. If he goes out there, and outplays foles in this shitty offense, there might be a team or two who could find him intriguing. Shit, if he plays well there might even be a team who drafts a QB high(like the jets, niners, pats, jags, etc) who might want to make him the temporary starter until the rookie is ready.

Worst case scenario he goes in there, shits the bed, and doesn't really lose out on money anyways. His stock is at an all time low.

I think his stock was at an all time low when he got benched. I think the more other QBs fail in the system the more his stock can raise.

And if that is true that he will need surgery then it would be a huge failure for his agent to recommend he play on a shoulder that already needs surgery in this shit of a situation. Getting surgery now is a HUGE problem solved for him..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes it's changed to midpack. So what? It's still makes the point. You may win the debate on a fine point technicality but lose on the intent of the primary proposition. PFF sucks and is unreliable for data outside of static data like sets counts etc.

This presumes I am just relying on PFF. I am not. As I said the PFF data follows the trend of the season. You and I were both here from the start of the season. You cannot deny or pretend that people were not ecstatic about the NEW & IMPROVED OL to the point they were hailing Castillo and his magic pixie dust. Ifedi was also getting a lot of love as an underrated OL signing.

OL played more like a unit and up to the ability of the players for a change. That should only get better.

I mean here you are after the Lions praising the OL.

Monty has looked good thus far. He also is doing it against two rushing defenses that were bottom half of the NFL last year. Colts and Bucs would be a truer test of how far along the OL and Monty has come. Bucs in particular were No 1 rushing D last year.

And here is me after the Giants preaching caution as people were hyping Monty and the OL. So again to pretend they never played well at any point as you claim is just incorrect. The reality of the season and PFF grades are the OL got good grades at the start of the season against shitty teams and then those grades started to fall a fuck ton once they played better teams.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Right so you started a thread to tell Mitch to sit despite knowing Mitch would basically tell you to STFU and still play.

Like I said, this is definitely vortex worthy. A 12 page thread to argue about something you admit your client would tell you to fuck off about anyway.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is 35 out of 39 against pressure and 27 out of 39 when kept clean. Bear in mind the number of QBs is a bit higher because I usually filter for players above 50% in snaps. Had to drop that to 20% so that I could pick up his numbers. If you want to compare against Foles, he is 35 out of 39 when kept clean and 19 out of 39 when pressured.

I would caution again that Foles has faced better teams but what is telling is you would almost expect the opposite. Foles has sucked when kept clean owing to throwing a lot of Ints and getting happy feet. However, despite being more immobile than 3M, he has graded out better than him when pressured.

So this goes back to my point. 3M has to be a QB that plays better under pressure. He simply has to be able to use his feet like he did in 2018 to extend drives. If he is not doing that then he simply isn't good enough in a clean pocket to become a top 15 QB. The biggest impediment to his success is the shoulder injuries because I really think it has made him too scared to run. That and teams adjusted to his running and he hasn't countered that yet.

But this idea that with a better OL he would be much better is simply not born out by the stats. He is at his best when he is not thinking and an adlib. You do that more often when you are scrambling from pressure or in 2 minute drills. The irony is he needs to be forced to ad lib or think quickly if he is going to be successful again with the caveat that this is based on his current inability to read defenses. Obviously if he corrects that then he won't have to rely on his feet as much.

So something has to give. Either he has to go back to be a mobile QB that is on the move more often than not or he has to become much much much better reading defenses.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Right so you started a thread to tell Mitch to sit despite knowing Mitch would basically tell you to STFU and still play.

Like I said, this is definitely vortex worthy. A 12 page thread to argue about something you admit your client would tell you to fuck off about anyway.
No its about what is best for his future not if he will listen to the advice or not.

Its in the title of the thread remy its not complicated

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

If he needs surgery he would clearly have it now - as it stands, he's benched, and almost certainly getting traded.. So if a Doc says he needs surgery he would have it now on the Bears dime and have enough time to be clear for any new team interested in him to see what he can do in the off season. He isn 't going to have surgery post season and hbe in rehab when teams are hiring.

I'd imagine he has a banged up shoulder that is healing and he should be able to play after the bye week.

Personally, as someone who thinks he can still have a future in Chicago I'd like to see him get another shot - maybe beating the Packers will be the turning point for him and the team and let him play out the season to see if he can be under centre next season.

Ideally for the Bears you would love to be using the draft to fix the o-line rather than trying to find a QB halfway down the draft, who would then have to play behind the garbage we have there now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No its about what is best for his future not if he will listen to the advice or not.

Its in the title of the thread remy its not complicated

Vortex initiated!

I have never been so happy to see a remyvortex ?. Also @Chris Sojka and @dbldrew are fucking clowns ?

Correction. This is a dbldrew vortex. I am just mentoring the young padawan along the path to becoming a Vortex Master.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Vortex initiated!

Correction. This is a dbldrew vortex. I am just mentoring the young padawan along the path to becoming a Vortex Master.
Are you fucking Special person? What vortex this thread is about advice from his agent! its in the fucking title of the thread I have been talking about that the whole time? there is NO vortex other then in your fucked up head

There is no upside to Mitch playing, the chance of him playing well in this shit show is very low and the chance of him getting hurt again is probably pretty high. If I'm his agent I tell him to sit out and right now his failures are starting to look more like its on Pace and Nagy. There is always going to be a team looking for a QB and might think they can use him.
we are talking about what his agent is telling him he should do. I know thats difficult to understand with it being in the title of the thread and all but try to keep on track here
ok back that up with why its in Mitches best interest to play now vs going on IR or demand a new contract?

And agents trying to force a new contract extension is Special person advice how exactly? lol Nice work idiot didnt think that one through all the way did ya? Hay but nice work on the clown emoji
because right now his "bust" status has at least a little bit of doubt, So as his agent I tell him I'm going to try and sell you to another team and put all the blame on Nagy and Pace for creating such a shit show. As your agent the best thing for your career is to get you out of this shit show and onto another team so I'm going to push that you go on IR or we push for a contract extension that they will never give you.
He is a free agent at the end of this year, they did not extend his 5th year option.

There is no right or wrong here, its all on what his agent would tell him.

If im his agent I tell him..
"Mitch pace has given up on you by not giving you a 5th year option, Nagy has given up on you by benching you for Foles. Mitch your future is not on this team, you have already injured your shoulder. Right now we need to look out for your future which is not on this team. You have already outplayed Foles (superbowl MVP) there is no point in playing again and risking another injury, No QB could thrive in this train wreck they have put together. Mitch I understand you want to play and if thats what you want to do then we should demand a new contract from the Bears. We should also get your shoulder "looked" at again to make sure it is 100% by our own Drs. So we hold out for our DR evaluation and a new contract before you play again."

So if you think i'm wrong lets here your argument from the agents side of things..
Of course he has leverage, he tells them to give me a new contract or I dont play.. that gets him the desired result.. Bears will not give him a new contract and he got to "sit out" without looking like a quitter to the rest of the league.

As his agent the best thing for Mitch to do is go to another team, do not get hurt and do not play on this shit team

Or are you saying its in Mitches best interest to play for this shit show? lol ok clown

Seriously Remy you are looking like a fucking idiot, if thread titles confuse you then there is not much help for you

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This presumes I am just relying on PFF. I am not. As I said the PFF data follows the trend of the season. You and I were both here from the start of the season. You cannot deny or pretend that people were not ecstatic about the NEW & IMPROVED OL to the point they were hailing Castillo and his magic pixie dust. Ifedi was also getting a lot of love as an underrated OL signing.

I mean here you are after the Lions praising the OL.

And here is me after the Giants preaching caution as people were hyping Monty and the OL. So again to pretend they never played well at any point as you claim is just incorrect. The reality of the season and PFF grades are the OL got good grades at the start of the season against shitty teams and then those grades started to fall a fuck ton once they played better teams.
Doesn't matter what people thought about the changes. They've clearly sucked all year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are you fucking Special person? What vortex this thread is about advice from his agent! its in the fucking title of the thread I have been talking about that the whole time? there is NO vortex other then in your fucked up head

Seriously Remy you are looking like a fucking idiot, if thread titles confuse you then there is not much help for you
Do you lack reading comprehension. I am aware the thread is you in the guise of his agent. I am saying it is a vortex because by your own admission you are saying 3M is unlikely to take this advice so you have created a thread to discuss something that literally is not going to happen and that you admit is not going to happen.

This is the very definition of the vortex. You are debating for debating sake because everyone agrees that the premise of the OP is in fact not going to happen. I am not knocking you for it mind you but just telling you it qualifies as a vortex.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter what people thought about the changes. They've clearly sucked all year.

Lol, this is revisionist history. They clearly didn't suck at the start of the year or are you saying you were lying when you gave them credit?

There are 16 games in a season. Sometimes players play well in some games and not others especially when the level of competition differs.