If Manning wants to play another year..

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Do Elway and the Broncos take him back for another go around or do they go with Brock?

** For what it's worth, I think he retires **

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had another take from what Manning said to Belichek...."this is my last rodeo"

Given that the Colts and Broncos are horse themed, I think this was significant, the emotion he had was a feeling it was his last matchup with them. I think he leaves the AFC and plays for Arizona probably. Tampering be damned, he may have already spoken to Arians. Houston, Cincinatti, Chicago, Tennessee, Miami would be distant options. I think he should go someplace warm.

I think there is bad blood with Denver and Elway, for muting him at end of 2014, firing Fox, and trying to bench him this year.

In my mind, Mannings emotionality could be explained by his Denver tenure ending, and AFC matchup with Brady.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I think he would only play somewhere where he knows he can win immediately as he has 1 year, 2 years max. So Arizona is certainly an option since Palmer is a playoff disaster.

mecha

Liked Posts:
That wasn't the question.

it's yet another empty topic on CCS.

if he tells Bill Belichick it's the last rodeo, that's it. there is no next year. the only reason he didn't just come out and say it is because Dungy told him not to make an emotional decision. that's just respect, he's just living the moment right now.

next week will be another story.

mecha

Liked Posts:
him and Favre (blasphemy) were my favorite quarterbacks to watch with Brady at #3.

it sucks, getting old, and witnessing the waning moments of a great era in the game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

if he tells Bill Belichick it's the last rodeo, that's it. there is no next year. the only reason he didn't just come out and say it is because Dungy told him not to make an emotional decision. that's just respect, he's just living the moment right now.

Why say last rodeo? It's a play on words. Very Chinese of him, since he speaks mandarin it's a nice bid to their culture.

I don't know if I have said this on here, but Omaha is a tonal language, like mandarin. He says it with tonal cadence, his lineman can pick up with practice, he probably changes the play or snap on his whim.

Listen carefully to the stress, each word in those languages has about seven pronunciations, that are subtle. The news that he got paid for using it was a red herring.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:

I agree I'd be shocked if he won and has this storybook, perfect ending to a great career and comes back next year., I guess it's possible he does come back, and goes elsewhere, cause denver's gonna re-sign Oswieler and make him the starter, the only way Manning plays is as a starter somewhere else. I don't see that being likely though, this was it, he goes out a champion.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Denver can't afford him with all their free agents, so he'll get cut if he decides to come back another year. What team would be dumb enough to sign him? He did fuck all this entire season.

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:

He hedged when he talked to Belichick. he said it MAY be his last rodeo.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He needs to retire on top. Denver is ready to move on without him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I had another take from what Manning said to Belichek...."this is my last rodeo"

Given that the Colts and Broncos are horse themed, I think this was significant, the emotion he had was a feeling it was his last matchup with them. I think he leaves the AFC and plays for Arizona probably. Tampering be damned, he may have already spoken to Arians. Houston, Cincinatti, Chicago, Tennessee, Miami would be distant options. I think he should go someplace warm.

I think there is bad blood with Denver and Elway, for muting him at end of 2014, firing Fox, and trying to bench him this year.

In my mind, Mannings emotionality could be explained by his Denver tenure ending, and AFC matchup with Brady.

6ae64e286dcd69c1086250e50f8df9b0.jpg

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He could if they keep that defense together. Then he could ride their coattails again

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

What do rodeos have to do with playing football?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The both have Broncos?

BPo001

Liked Posts:
He's going to retire. Peyton didn't want to take away from the teams moment of winning the Super Bowl by announcing his retirement. Peyton has always put the team first.