If Mitch plays well the next few games, what do YOU do?

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is a doubtful scenario, because we all know who mitch is, but it's one I thought about last night.

What happens if mitch comes in and plays well the next 6 games? All signs point to him starting this sunday. He's taking the first team reps and nagy is talking about "Mitch 3.0" BS, and how sitting seems to have helped him with the playbook(BS).

But, lets say Dear Sweet Mitchell goes out, and matches what he did the first 2 weeks of the season for a 6 game stretch(1,300 yards, 15TDS, 6 INT's)

What do you, CCS Armchair GM, decide to do with that player?

This isn't about IF he can do it(which he probably cant), but IF he does do it. Just a conversation starter after a bye week.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It would take a monumental performance over the course of the rest of the season to consider resigning Mitch. I would want to see something from him I haven't seen in previous seasons. Not just merely squeaking by, but more. Maybe if he showed signs of being a dual threat QB, bootlegged more, did a better job running option plays and showed good eye discipline like he did the first two games of the season.

So I would need to see some of that and he would have to get us in the playoffs and win a game. That would be an impressive stretch that includes beating the Packers and a playoff team. Anything less and I don't thjnk he garners any type of attraction on the FA market. 5-8 mil a year if he is fortunate.

Heck with the upcoming draft class, a shrinking cap, and money strapped teams I doubt any team would pay Mitch more than 10 mil a year even if he has a monumental stretxh of play.

So my final answer is, you would tell Mitch you are interested in keeping him for the right price. Blame Covid and let him hit the market and be willing to walk away. You either get a good comp pick and cap space or a trending QB at good value. Either way, you come out fine.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Sign him to a 10 year 300 million dollar deal

I would still draft a QB and keep Mitch as backup if the dollars could make sense. I wouldn't think they would though.

This is assuming Nagy gets fired. If Nagy is here, I don't trust the team to do anything so they may as well ride with Mitch.

I am rooting for Mitch to go out and tear the roof off. Maybe he has some fun too?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well, if he does that he is significant better than Foles has been. That said, how could they bring him back when they’re paying Foles to be the starter? Unless he took a similar deal to Foles.

Is Foles trade able? Not sure his contract details and cap ramifications. But IF Mitch performed over the final 6, I would try to dump Foles if possible, try to bring Mitch back for a low rate, but I would still look to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You tell him that you want to keep him but to check the market and match/offer close if the price is right. If not, move on.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The first step, obviously, is to fire Nagy.
Hire a new HC. Arthur Smith has been mentioned, and I think his style may help Mitch a little, aka Tannehill.

Try to unload Foles, if possible. He isn’t the answer. Neither is Mitch, but at least he’s younger.

Try to resign Mitch to a team friendly 1 year deal. Tell him 2020 was a crazy tear in the world, and a solid year of play may get him paid somewhere.

Do what they can to draft Zach Wilson.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Give him the mike glennon contract for the sake of sticking to pace blunder tradition

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Give him a 1 year deal, trade up and draft Zach Wilson, go OL in the draft and FA, and sit Wilson behind Mitch for the season.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
What if he pulls a Flacco where we all know he will be a future bum but deserves to get paid for his heroic 1 season?

20 years 600mm lol

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Give him a 1 year deal, trade up and draft Zach Wilson, go OL in the draft and FA, and sit Wilson behind Mitch for the season.

Wilson will be a really good NFL QB. He can fit any system and play above average in it. I see him drafted long before the Bears can pick though. He’s going to be the 3rd QB taken off the board, probably picked 7-10.

a trade up would probably take the 2021 first, not sure I’m with that

Last edited:

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
By playing ”well” do you mean he reads defenses properly, adjusts accordingly, and hits receivers in stride?
or does it just mean he doesn’t shit himself when the ball is snapped?
if it’s the former, maybe re sign him, the latter, no....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is the franchise tag still an option or did declining his 5th year eliminate that?