If Mitch Struggles should the Bears sign Kaepernick?

Would you be upset if the Bears signed Colin Kaepernick?

• Total voters

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thats cool lets bring back peyton manning too why not.

Who cares what the fucking scrub did what, 5 years ago? He hasn't read an nfl defense in THREE YEARS.

I beg you to try doing something you havent done in 3 years and see how good you are at it. And this isn't even fucking dealing with his locker room cancer shit.
"I beg you to try doing something you havent done in 3 years and see how good you are at it."

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ravens should sign him as a back up

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick's stats the last year he played are actually worse than Trubisky's in several, if not most, categories this year...
Colin's last season with a gimmick coach who was completely figured out where his leading receivers were Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton and he was actually playing hurt:

No.PlayerAgePosGGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWD
7Colin Kaepernick29QB12111-10-019633159.22241164.841.2656.87.211.4186.890.749.5362075.545.929.811

Mitch's current season with the reigning coach of the year while passing to Robinson, Miller and Gabriel:

No.PlayerAgePosGGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWD
10Mitchell Trubisky25QB11116-5-023036163.72196133.671.9536.15.99.5199.684.443.4261545.285.136.711

The numbers are similar, but Colin was better at both QB Rating and QBR. Let's not forget that SF team was horrible from coaches to surrounding talent. You may not like Colin for whatever reason you choose, but to say it's an apples to apples comparison is just not true.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not compared to Mitch last full season which is what your looking at for Kap. This one isn't over yet. Make it their last 2 years and Mitch's numbers are much better. Do I think Colin would be worse? I have no idea and he may be a better overall QB but I don't think he's a great fit for this O so why bother? The #s are close enough either way to render the proposal moot. I've said before that I don't think he's a destination for Nagy so doing this would only disrupt whatever little chemistry is there.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I want to add one more item. The question is:

"Would you be upset if the Bears signed Colin Kaepernick?"

Based on my responses I'd like to see him play again, but I have some unique perspective. If this same poll came out about Mike Vick before the Eagles signed him I would have sad 'hell no'. Personally I thought his actions didn't warrant another opportunity. After seeing how humbled he was, how much effort he put towards making things right and ultimately how much he helped my team (his 2010 season might have been the most exciting of an Eagle QB).

I've been dead against giving redemption and learned there are many reasons I was wrong.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to see him play again as well if he really does want to. I just don't think this is the best landing place for him. I also don't think he needs redeeming or contrition but I do think he needs to balance his priorities toward that goal. I suspect he has already done that but his priorities are different. Nothing wrong with that either but he can't expect others to carry that load with him.

Last edited:

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This is difficult for me. I'd be hard pressed to count on one hand people that I admire and respect more than Kaepernick. He uses his platform to promote equality and bring national and global awareness to systemic racism, oppression, and police brutality.

He's a role model and I'd love nothing more than to see him take a knee in the city that Jason Van Dyke slaughtered an unarmed teenage African American by shooting him 14 times in "self defense."

Even better if he managed to lead out beloved Bears to the promised land. Bonus points for how butt hurt ommy and all the other boomers would be.

With all of that being said, I'm not so sure he's the answer at the quarterback position, nor am I convinced that Mako Mitch can't be a franchise quarterback with a different play caller and the glaring shortcomings across the offense as an entire unit corrected.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is difficult for me. I'd be hard pressed to count on one hand people that I admire and respect more than Kaepernick. He uses his platform to promote equality and bring national and global awareness to systemic racism, oppression, and police brutality.

He's a role model and I'd love nothing more than to see him take a knee in the city that Jason Van Dyke slaughtered an unarmed teenage African American by shooting him 14 times in "self defense."

Even better if he managed to lead out beloved Bears to the promised land. Bonus points for how butt hurt ommy and all the other boomers would be.

With all of that being said, I'm not so sure he's the answer at the quarterback position, nor am I convinced that Mako Mitch can't be a franchise quarterback with a different play caller and the glaring shortcomings across the offense as an entire unit corrected.

Bonus points for how butt hurt ommy and all the other boomers would be.
doubt if ommy represents the so-called "boomers".
===

I'd love nothing more than to see him take a knee in the city that Jason Van Dyke slaughtered an unarmed teenage African American by shooting him IN THE BACK 14 times in "self defense."
FIFY
-------------

With all of that being said, I'm not so sure he's (Kap) the answer at the quarterback position,

Well for me it's more about Mitch competing and being pushed for the job.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colin's last season with a gimmick coach who was completely figured out where his leading receivers were Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton and he was actually playing hurt:

7Colin Kaepernick29QB12111-10-019633159.22241164.841.2656.87.211.4186.890.749.5362075.545.929.811

Mitch's current season with the reigning coach of the year while passing to Robinson, Miller and Gabriel:

10Mitchell Trubisky25QB11116-5-023036163.72196133.671.9536.15.99.5199.684.443.4261545.285.136.711

The numbers are similar, but Colin was better at both QB Rating and QBR. Let's not forget that SF team was horrible from coaches to surrounding talent. You may not like Colin for whatever reason you choose, but to say it's an apples to apples comparison is just not true.

You can compare receivers, but those are just names. Bears receivers are leading the league in drops this year.

I don't like CK to the Bears because he isn't a good QB.

You failed to mention the running game as well. Hyde averaged 4.6 yards a carry for the 9ers that year....

Montgomery is getting 3.5 yards a carry....

So while Trubisky may have better names at WR they are leading the league in drops and Trubisky is saddled with an abysmal running game, where CK had the benefit of a really good running game.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Kaepernick = Lock room cancer

Kiss any hope of a SB with him on the team. OTOH, if he were on the team the players would be well versed in Malcom X and Stalin

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Kiss any hope of a SB with him on the team. OTOH, if he were on the team the players would be well versed in Malcom X and Stalin
?.....put the jack & coke down. We're no where near the SB. Hell excluding last year how often have we won our division?
We already have a "cancer"..........it's called no commitment to winning.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
?.....put the jack & coke down. We're no where near the SB. Hell excluding last year how often have we won our division?
Stay on topic, Fluffy. We are talking about Kaepernick

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Stay on topic, Fluffy. We are talking about Kaepernick

I am on topic and the " Lock room cancer" I see..........is called no commitment to winning. I guess that's Kap's fault

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was very surprised the Bears signed Ray McDonald a couple of years ago. After that blew up in their faces I don't see them signing anyone even close to controversial.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst thread ever

Kaepernick is a locker room cancer and his girlfirend is a registered Communist

What you think will happen the first time he wears his Fidel Castro teeshirt into the locker room and cursing Virginia?

idiot
Not only that! He would be playing at soldier field of all places.. so he’ll no!!

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You hate him because he is black. We know.

idiot
Only a racist would bring up the color of someone’s skin when it’s totally irrelevant to this discussion.. what does being black have anything to do with qb skill?.. oh that’s right nothing .. also why would a “racist” spend their time watching a sport where the majority of the players are black?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only a racist would bring up the color of someone’s skin when it’s totally irrelevant to this discussion.. what does being black have anything to do with qb skill?.. oh that’s right nothing .. also why would a “racist” spend their time watching a sport where the majority of the players are black?
You literally threatened to shoot Robbie Gould in the face after missing a field goal.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Yeah good point most people had no idea about Black duds getting shot by police before kap came around.. I mean its not like if a white cop shot a black guy it wanst 24/7 news coverage or anything lol

And saying Laquan McDonald was a unarmed teen is a joke. The police got called because he was trying to break into peoples cars and actually threatened someone with a knife. And when the cops showed up he just ignored them while running around with the knife still in his hand.. Thats a good way to get your dumb ass shot.

Seriously how fucking stupid do you have to be? Your surrounded by cops with there guns pointed at you and you just threatened someone with your knife you still have. whats the end goal here by not just giving up? This dumb ass thought they would just let him go? Or did he think he could take them all out with his knife? What an idiot..

So looking at this as a glass half full.. at least McDonald was removed from the gene pool, last thing society needed is a moron like that reproducing.

And that piece of shit racist cop Van Dyke is behind bars.. win win

abegibronlives

Liked Posts: