If Pace becomes President of football operations, the next GM will be

baredown

Liked Posts:
Sighhh. Anyone who thinks Pace being elevated to Head of Football Operations would somehow open up a GM position for someone else to take things in a new direction clearly doesn't grasp reality. The new GM would report directly to Pace. He (or she?) would handle the tactical aspects of Pace's current job, things like doing player evaluations and conducting the draft. Pace would be freed up to focus on the more strategic aspects of his current position. If Pace gets put into a Head of Football Operations position, it would be because George McCaskey is looking to further build around him. The idea that McCaskey would want a GM installed with any level of autonomy from Pace is just lame-brain stupid...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pace is the new Phillips. Get ready for another 2 decades of collaboration
I know people didn’t like them saying it, but you WANT your front office and coaching staff to be working together well. Kinda important…

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure why so many hate the fact pace might get promoted.

He sucks, but is well respected in the league. Maybe that nets him a quality HC/GM?

Or maybe he mitch trubisky matt nagy's us again.

I'd honestly much rather he go upstairs to deal with more of the numbers and less of the player talent. A full clean would be best but Idk if thats happenin.
How do we know, or you know, that he's well respected in the league?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its literally the only player you give a fuck about on the bears. Or pretty much anyone does.

There is a very real possibility you could have fields on the vikings right now and mond on the bears if we didn't have pace

Im not saying I want pace here, because I'd prefer him gone. I also don't think promoting him to president is a net loss. He's better for that role than sweaty teddy. I'd prefer a clean sweep, but I'd also prefer pace as president over GM.
He’s literally not the only player I care about but he’s by far the one I care about the most.

There is zero way of proving that only Pace can make that trade. You think NFL GMs are making big 1st round trades because they respect a GM? "You know we really liked a couple players there but i just respect Ryan Pace way too much to not trade with him".

Nothing positive changes with Pace promoted. You have the guy who cant evaluate coaches or players, now evaluating the guy who evaluates the players and coaches. and people are delusional if they think he wont have his hands all in the football operations, a place where he cant have his hands because he has done enough damage. Promoting a guy who is sinking your franchise. What could go wrong? Only this dumb franchise.

You just love throwing out bs when it comes to Pace. Its one thing after another. How qualified he is to run the business side of things because of his background in business that includes *checks notes* going to college.

Unreal.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Pace as President of Football Operations wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

provided he could identify a strong willed GM who has autonomy but also will take input from Pace on players drafted in round 4 and beyond; esp on the defensive side.

The two of them can collaborate on a new head coach and Ted can retire or focus on the "move" to Arlington Heights

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol I can see Pace will hire a GM who says he is willing to trade everything for one player

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sighhh. Anyone who thinks Pace being elevated to Head of Football Operations would somehow open up a GM position for someone else to take things in a new direction clearly doesn't grasp reality. The new GM would report directly to Pace. He (or she?) would handle the tactical aspects of Pace's current job, things like doing player evaluations and conducting the draft. Pace would be freed up to focus on the more strategic aspects of his current position. If Pace gets put into a Head of Football Operations position, it would be because George McCaskey is looking to further build around him. The idea that McCaskey would want a GM installed with any level of autonomy from Pace is just lame-brain stupid...
LOL "SHE"
Get the fuck outta here

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields is a direct result of pace being close to gettleman.

You can say he sucks, but you can't debate that fact.
What does Gettleman get out of this? Future considerations? A reach around? He did it because he thought it would be a good move for him moving forward. He still had a 1 last year and now has 2 this year and had the foresight to know he'd need them. I think they fucked up by not taking a QB but that obviously was not their intent to pressure Jones last year.

With 5 1st round QBs, getting extra picks for their position, if some fell, may have been the Giants plan all along (depending on the board). That there weren't more bidders is why it only cost us what it did. I'm glad Pace made that move but it may not have been anything brilliant or out of respect. Why would a GM care about stature if he gets a deal he wants or conversely, causes his team to lose a trade? WTF?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dan Morgan. Assistant GM of the the Carolina Panthers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace becomes President
Nagy becomes GM
Desai becomes HC
Larry Mayer becomes offensive coordinator
Javier from maintenance becomes defensive coordinator

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

LOL.
What are you saying here?
Pace makes trades only with his close buddy GM's?
Gettleman gave him the deal because the sit at the same table for lunch at the combine?
Gettleman turned down a better deal cuz he and Pace share stylists?

This is just stupid. There are 32 GM's, all always looking to make deals to better their teams, I imagine they all have talked to one another a few times every season and act like they are buds on the phone while they are trying to fuck the guy as hard as they can and recognize the other guy is doing the same. And if they are not then they are shitty GM's.

Example: Pace asking Lynch if anyone else was asking to trade up to the #2. That he asked, believed, and then got fleeced is exhibit A of a bad GM.

I am quite sure that Pace is well liked. I imagine every other GM hopes he is Bears GM for awhile longer and that Pace calls them about a potential trade this offseason.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

No. Any GM in the NFL would love to get a call from Pace because it’s a guarantee win for them