If Pace becomes President of football operations, the next GM will be

napo55

Liked Posts:
If Pace becomes Director of Football Operations, this franchise is, finally, completely down the tubes. Incompetent and clueless, he must go.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it was all about loyalty then Ballard would be GM not Pace as he was the one with Bears ties last time.
It's a 2 way street. Didn't Ballard want Teddy completely removed form football operations and why he's not here. I think it was a situation of loyalty to Teddy over the new guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a 2 way street. Didn't Ballard want Teddy completely removed form football operations and why he's not here. I think it was a situation of loyalty to Teddy over the new guy.

Sure but then why would we assume Kelly is just a pushover and wouldnt want the same independence to not have Pace meddle.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong.
I’d imagine it means that’s Harbaughs requirement. It will be Jim for both jobs.
Champ Kelly. McCaskeys are loyal and try to keep it in house.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
This tweet is a bit stupid. Pace did not saddle Pace with god awful QBs. Nagy came here claiming he believed in Trubs. It is also obvious Nagy is the one that wanted Chase Daniel who he had in KC, Foles who ran a similar O, Dalton because of the Lazor connect and Fields because of his relationship with Day.

Nagy saddled himself with those QBs.

Remy's making a lot of sense these days.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Find out who that clueless former HC is. Want to make sure we stay far away from a guy that clueless…

I’m 100% sure it’s John Fox. He worked with Pace.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This post makes no sense. McCaskey nor Phillips has rarely if ever gotten involved in player decisions. Pace has been allowed to operate with little to no meddling from either.

So it makes no sense to presume they will someone want to be deeply involved now.
I wonder how true that really is. I know they said that Pace was the football guy but didnt Phillips make an announcement that he would be steeping back from the football side of the organization? So why make an announcement that your stepping away from something you dont have anything to do with?

It would be so Bears to have Phillips making football decisions but keeping it secret..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder how true that really is. I know they said that Pace was the football guy but didnt Phillips make an announcement that he would be steeping back from the football side of the organization? So why make an announcement that your stepping away from something you dont have anything to do with?

It would be so Bears to have Phillips making football decisions but keeping it secret..
There's more to football operations than player decisions. The only time Ted and George step in on players is when a player has off the field issues or to approve a blockbuster deal like Mack and it seems they've always accommodated Pace. Even gave him the benefit of doubt on the questionable signing of McDonald

Phillips has said himself that he's a finance guy without football personnel acumen.

Phillips and George have both said on the record that Pace would have final say on all player decisions. Why spin it?

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
There's more to football operations than player decisions. The only time Ted and George step in on players is when a player has off the field issues or to approve a blockbuster deal like Mack and it seems they've always accommodated Pace. Even gave him the benefit of doubt on the questionable signing of McDonald

Phillips has said himself that he's a finance guy without football personnel acumen.

Phillips and George have both said on the record that Pace would have final say on all player decisions. Why spin it?
I know that's what has been said, but with what Phillips was quoted saying it sound like that's not exactly the case..

"According to multiple sources connected to the team, Phillips has privately discussed distancing himself from football operations in recent months, making a frank acknowledgement to some confidants that the organization would benefit from a leader with greater football aptitude to oversee those in charge of the on-field product."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know that's what has been said, but with what Phillips was quoted saying it sound like that's not exactly the case..

"According to multiple sources connected to the team, Phillips has privately discussed distancing himself from football operations in recent months, making a frank acknowledgement to some confidants that the organization would benefit from a leader with greater football aptitude to oversee those in charge of the on-field product."
Exactly. It's says oversee the guys making player decisions, not the guy making them. Someone that could offer input and get more involved as opposed to not. What don't you get? Pace will help the next GM like Teddy could not. He's moving away from being the final say on things like that. Your argument exists in an opposite world of inductive interpretation.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Someone that could offer input and get more involved as opposed to not. What don't you get? Pace will help the next GM like Teddy could not. He's moving away from being the final say on things like that. Your argument exists in an opposite world of inductive interpretation.
Yeah that makes no sense, if Pace and Nagy are the "football" guys.. having Pace still be the Football guy making the decisions that he failed with is beyond stupid..

Pace needs help with big decisions.. so let's promote Pace to have the final say in football decisions even though we structured it so he already had that as GM.. see how illogical that is?

IF Phillips has been putting input into the football operations then it makes sense to remove him from that position and actually have Pace NOW have the final word.