If Poles gets an offer to trade back to 19…

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buccaneers would be my favorite trade down because I think they'll finish top ten with a rookie QB without Tom Brady. That gives Bears two potential top ten picks in 2024 with Panthers pick as well.
Bears, Bucs and PANTHERS equal 3 top10 picks

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears, Bucs and PANTHERS equal 3 top10 picks

I don't think Bears finish in top ten next season. Probably pick around 12-18 but how awesome would that be.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I only want to trade down if we can get a 2nd round pick THIS year before pick #50.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thrust here.

How can anybody say trade down when nobody knows exactly how the picks ahead of us have fallen yet?

Trading the first overall to fleece a team is a hell of a lot easier then just saying "we should trade down from nine when we don't even know who's still on the board at nine, derp derp"

Do you buy hemorrhoids medicine before you get hemorrhoids? Same concept
Ok. Who’s alt is this? It’s genius

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of a 1st, 3rd, 1st I'd need a 1st, 2nd, 1st. So, to #19, 2023 2nd, and then a 2024 1st.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thrust here.

It's Mr. Fontaine. And only my close friends call me Thrust. And all my close friends are men.

Men's men. Men who chew tobacco, fix on cars, and love action movies before they became more feminine then the tampon isle at a grocery store.

Real men don't eat English muffins.

Remember that
*aisle

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thrust here.

It's Mr. Fontaine. And only my close friends call me Thrust. And all my close friends are men.

Men's men. Men who chew tobacco, fix on cars, and love action movies before they became more feminine then the tampon isle at a grocery store.

Real men don't eat English muffins.

Remember that
Nobody is home

Real men don't have double chins............

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Ultimately it is dependent on who is available at 9 and if he is viewed as a game changer by the Bears org. Stockpiling picks is fine, but not at the expense of a season altering player. Bears can potentially compete for a playoff spot and could be a season removed from possibly winning the division.
I think people miss the fact that Poles was concerned with still being able to pick "a blue player." In one of these recent articles he talked about wanting to make sure one was going to be there and he figured there would be with the likelihood that 4 QBs will be taken before #9. So i think a lot of this trade-down talk is just mental maturbation.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
If bears are picking top ten next year with their pick, that would mean fields has failed. Think we are in the 20ish range next year. But if we are top 10, I would think we are trading up to take a QB.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Nobody is home

Real men don't have double chins............
Thrust here.

Real men have it where it counts. A double chin is like a second bumper on your car. Protect the goods at all cost, son.

Woman will pay good money for just one sniff of the double chin.

Remember that

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If there was a trade down there that netted the Bears also an early to mid pick in the 2nd round, I'd take it.
So, a trade down to #20 with the Seahawks if the Bears can get them to throw in Broncos 32 which they own. That works for me.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If bears are picking top ten next year with their pick, that would mean fields has failed. Think we are in the 20ish range next year. But if we are top 10, I would think we are trading up to take a QB.
Just for reference, the 9-8 teams from last year are picking basically 18-21 (Bucs taken out. 8-9 teams are picking 14-18 (Bucs added in). We'd have to be 10-7 or better to be picking beyond 20, most likely.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless its the Carolina pick