If QB Is Not Taken in the Draft, What Positions Are the Bears Targeting?

clear

Liked Posts:
it sounds like robinson wants 20 mill per season, if true, then pass.
If the bears stand pat at 20 i'd take waddle, he's got hill level speed/explosion, take mayfield in the 2nd

I'd love for the Bears to get Waddle. I've seen mocks where he goes to the Bears, but I think he will be gone by then.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Gotta add more team speed on both sides of the ball. It's ridiculous that only Mooney and Cohen(at least he did before ACL, we'll see) run under 4.45.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
A safety prospect who reaches that level comes around about every five years. You go searching for a talent like that in this draft and chances are you're hunting for something that probably doesn't exist.

Mike Brown was drafted in the second round at #39.

msadows

Liked Posts:
it sounds like robinson wants 20 mill per season, if true, then pass.
If the bears stand pat at 20 i'd take waddle, he's got hill level speed/explosion, take mayfield in the 2nd

We can franchise him for 16m.

No reason to draft another WR. Just keep arob with the money you save from cutting massie/skrine/graham. Thats like what, 18m right there?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Gotta add more team speed on both sides of the ball. It's ridiculous that only Mooney and Cohen(at least he did before ACL, we'll see) run under 4.45.

Speed aint all that matters, my man. Hopkins is the best WR in the nfl and he ran a 4.57

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So, let us assume the Bears go 1 and done and have pick 20 in the 1st round (QB is off the table let's say), what positions are they targeting in the draft?

Also no trade ups/downs, they just use their picks as they are (in rounds 1, 2, 3, etc.). So what are they drafting and also give out some intriguing prospects at those positions so I can go watch film lol.

without reading ahead..
LT
CB x2
TE
WR
OG
OLB
DL
Safety

Perspective

Liked Posts:
You can get a WR late but not studs .... Fitzgerald Julio Ceedee Lamb Jefferson etc all went early to mid first round .....

I really want the Bears to go either WR or OT first pick or if a stud pass rusher gets there...

We need to beat GB or Rams or Saints which means we need WRs that don’t get shut down by Jaire Alexander or Lattimore or Jalen Ramsey.....

Mooney is good value but he can’t get you TDs in red zone ..... you need a Brandon Marshall or Julio or Fitzgerald or Metcalf etc to beat these tough defenses

Also OT is an easy projection for multiple reasons - u can put him at RT or LT.... Quality OT just don’t hit the FA market and ones who do cost a lot and our salary cap is not going to allow us to get one in FA.... white hair Daniels Mustipher Bars rookie O makes this a young OL that can be together for years and chemistry is huge at OL position .....

We can get Safety/OG//ILB later in draft .... if Quinn gets healthy and back toform we got enough pass rush with Mack Quinn Hicks Goldman Gipson etc .....

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
in 2021 bears have
1,2,3,5,6,7 round picks 6 total..
plus additional 7th from MIA
possible 3 comp picks N.WIllaims 6th, Haha-6th, chase- 6th
and now a possible 3rd round pick if champ goes to denver.
could be up to 11 picks for 2021

Applefan

Liked Posts:
You can get a WR late but not studs .... Fitzgerald Julio Ceedee Lamb Jefferson etc all went early to mid first round .....

I really want the Bears to go either WR or OT first pick or if a stud pass rusher gets there...

We need to beat GB or Rams or Saints which means we need WRs that don’t get shut down by Jaire Alexander or Lattimore or Jalen Ramsey.....

Mooney is good value but he can’t get you TDs in red zone ..... you need a Brandon Marshall or Julio or Fitzgerald or Metcalf etc to beat these tough defenses

Also OT is an easy projection for multiple reasons - u can put him at RT or LT.... Quality OT just don’t hit the FA market and ones who do cost a lot and our salary cap is not going to allow us to get one in FA.... white hair Daniels Mustipher Bars rookie O makes this a young OL that can be together for years and chemistry is huge at OL position .....

We can get Safety/OG//ILB later in draft .... if Quinn gets healthy and back toform we got enough pass rush with Mack Quinn Hicks Goldman Gipson etc .....

All 3 of Mooney's td's came in the red zone: a 15 yardsr, 8 yarder and 3 yarder.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
If for some reasons the stars don't align this year in the draft for us getting a top QB.

They should be using every pick they have to make the talent on offense elite for when they do bring that guy in next year

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
The draft seems very deep at WR. Looking at the Great Blue North rankings I see at least 20 guys who could be significant contributors in year 1. There are probably more that I just don't know. I think we can find someone great in rounds 2-3.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out as 20 leaves a lot of room for wild card picks.

OT seems like the obvious pick.

I wouldn't hate it if they took Jeremiah Owusu-Karomoah from ND and played him all over the field from S, CB, ILB and OLB. I love him as a player in the same mold as Simmons from last year.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Why pick #20? Do people still think there are only 12 teams in the playoffs? The Bears are literally the #7 seed. There are 14 teams in the playoffs. There are 32 teams in the NFL.

If they lose this weekend they will have the #18 pick by having a worse record than the AFC #7 seeed.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
in 2021 bears have
1,2,3,5,6,7 round picks 6 total..
plus additional 7th from MIA
possible 3 comp picks N.WIllaims 6th, Haha-6th, chase- 6th
and now a possible 3rd round pick if champ goes to denver.
could be up to 11 picks for 2021

Typical Bears, draft capital heavy on the backend of the draft. It will be the top 3 picks that will make the most difference.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I'm sure Paddy Fisher from Northwestern won't have a great combine but I'd really like to have that guy on my team playing ILB for the next decade. Obviously not a first rounder.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If QB Is Not Taken in the Draft, What Positions Are the Bears Targeting?

We should definitely draft a Qb. He doesn't have to in the 1st round. We can do it in the 2-4 round. LOL.....And I don't wanna hear "we have to many other holes to fill". Qb is the most important "hole".
And no....we don't need a so called "elite Qb" or "franchise Qb". We just need a smart, mobile, rookie Qb who we can develop.

pboer323

Liked Posts:
Artie Burns is still under contract next year? If yes, I would really live to see what he can do coming back from injured reserve. I would probably not want a corner taken in the first round

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darrishaw or Slater in the 1st. best available WR in the 2nd

greg23

Liked Posts:
Why pick #20? Do people still think there are only 12 teams in the playoffs? The Bears are literally the #7 seed. There are 14 teams in the playoffs. There are 32 teams in the NFL.

If they lose this weekend they will have the #18 pick by having a worse record than the AFC #7 seeed.

Boy our educational system has fallen apart....let me help you.

There are 32 nfl teams
There are 14 that made the playoffs
There are 18 that didn't
This means the best a playoff team can pick is.........#19

And since the draft order is based on record...and still is amongst playoff teams that lose in the same round of the playoffs; if the bears lose this weekend they can pick.......#19 or #20 (because the WFT finished 7-9 while the Bears finished 8-8)