If Sowell could move to TE, and Mizell to WR, why not Gentry to S....?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
He's an a ridiculously uphill battle to make the roster at wr. We really aren't that deep at backup S. He was a high school db as well as wr. Not sure if he was a S or CB...

High School: Gentry was one of the top high school football players in the state of Colorado over his last two years. The Denver Post named him to the All-Colorado team for all classifications and First Team All-State Class 5A as a wide receiver his senior season of 2012. Gentry was also named to the Mile High Sports All-Colorado First Team as a senior. As a junior, the Denver Post selected him First Team All-State Class 5A as a defensive back. Gentry was ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 15 recruit in the state of Colorado in 2012, and was ranked by 247Sports.com as the No. 23 recruit in the state. He caught 52 passes for 1,019 yards and nine receiving touchdowns, while rushing for 169 yards on 19 carries and scoring six TDs on the ground as a senior. Gentry also intercepted six passes from his defensive back position. He helped lead his Grandview High team to an 8-4 record and the quarterfinals of the state playoffs. His junior season, Gentry caught 50 passes for 693 yards and seven TDs, while intercepting 10 opponent passes. Grandview posted an 11-2 record and advanced to the state semifinals. As a sophomore, he had six receptions for 102 yards and scored two touchdowns, while earning All-Conference honors. His team finished the 2010 season 8-5, losing in the state semifinals. He was elected a team captain as a senior. Gentry played for head football coach John Schultz.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
FYI: you guys do know that current Bears WR coach Mike Furrey played both WR and DB in his NFL career. Not really that crazy. It's been done before.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
FYI: you guys do know that current Bears WR coach Mike Furrey played both WR and DB in his NFL career. Not really that crazy. It's been done before.

look at every safety on the roster....I'd start them before I put Tanner Gentry at that position.

Because one person does it does not mean that another one can...

Furrey played both positions professionally due to his AFL experience.....Gentry hasn't played it since High School. So unless he wants to start again for Grandview High, I'm not sure we are ready for that experience.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
New idea, have Gentry get fat and play OT

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in favor of Gentry to PS.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Because who gives a fuck about Tanner Gentry? Seriously?

Why would teams go out of their way to continually try to plug a guy who’s just not good enough into positions that aren’t his position? What would be the reason? And why do fans care about their weird pet projects?

“Why don’t they have Tanner Gentry be the holder on field goals?!?!”

Probably because they have 10 other fucking guys who can do it better. This is a professional football team, not the Y.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'll just hope S.Denmark who also switched from WR can make the team at S or CB.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I support the OP.

He could train at the Pagano roamer position with Denmark to push him a bit and see what happens with either of them.

He has no shot at WR...
could be a TE maybe

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who the fuck is Tanner Gentry
That last great white hope. He had a shot to play when initially acquired but that deck is currently stacked against him. Always had the tools but took too long to learn how to run sharp routes. If he's as crisp as the next guy, he still has a shot but with guys like Wims, Ridley, Patterson and Hall here now, it will likely be elsewhere. He's not a safety.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That last great white hope. He had a shot to ply when initially acquired but that deck is currently stacked against him.
Lol he had a chance to play when our starting WRs consisted of Tre McBride and Eddie Royal