If the Bears draft Fields does it help resign Robinson?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Arob is playing on the tag this year. Its a given. He rushed to the table when he saw the wr free agent market and probably wants to put up a great year ahead of next offseason.

I think the only way he stays is if we get a young QB he has alot of rapport with and he then resigns mid-season. As long as there is a good connection,

I dont think it matters who the QB is As kong as it is a young guy. I would be shocked if he is a good pairing with Dalton. And even if huses, he might come away thinking it was more of him than Dalton and therefore be interested in still going to the market

Dalton is a veteran. He'll get ARob involved like when he had AJ Green

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Don't be a pussy, stand by what you said
Lol im sorry that you guys are so mad. I was thinking of someone who is a major dbag that people hate. Because I truly think Robinson would play wherever he gets paid what he wants

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No. The only thing that will help you resign Allen Robinson is money.

To put it simply if you offer the most money in the 2022 offseason you will get Allen Robinson. It will be his last payday and he'll be looking to cash in.

mecha

Liked Posts:
confirmed: CCS overwhelmingly supports the resignation of Allen Robinson III. we wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol im sorry that you guys are so mad. I was thinking of someone who is a major dbag that people hate. Because I truly think Robinson would play wherever he gets paid what he wants
I'm not mad
I'm saying...stand by what you said
Don't change because some mother fucker on here got ass hurt over it

You're Good with me

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So, this is a pretty interesting question, IMO. In theory, if the Bears got Fields, they would have a young, cheap QB and can pay Robinson what he wants to give Fields a go-to WR. But part of me wonders if it would have the opposite effect. It kind of feels like the Bears could go a few different ways with the offense depending on the QB position.

If they don't move up for a QB, I think they go forward with Dalton to Robinson and shore up CB and then depth (WR, OL, developmental QB) and hope for another wildcard push.

But if they do get Fields, I wonder if it might trigger moves in a different direction. Again, they literally cannot sign their draft class unless they get rid of 1 of their big salaries. Graham seems expendable in a Dalton led offense. He's a vet QB that would still have his go-to guy in ARob. He's never really been a big "rely on your TE" type of QB other than the 1 year Tyler Eifert was good. But with Fields, I wonder if they would trade Robinson and go for a more vertical passing attack which plays to his strengths. They could recoup the Day 2 pick (3rd) they'd have to give up to get Fields. They can add a speedy WR on Day 2 and then another guy late (think they may do this anyway). But a WR corps of Mooney, Goodwin, someone like Rondale Moore/Dwayne Eskridge, and then a Day 3 guy like Trevon Grimes plays right into the type of skill guys Fields had at Ohio St. Graham and Kmet still there to help out the young QB as safety valves. Gives them killer size in the redzone and killer speed everywhere else.

Dolphins got a 3rd and 5th for Landry. ARob is clearly better. Wonder if they could get two 3rds. Or if the Ravens would do something like pick 31 and a 4th for ARob and the 52nd pick. Sorry, my mind is going crazy. Can't wait for tonight. Can't even imagine Pace is thinking that far ahead.