If the Bears draft Fields does it help resign Robinson?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft Fields does it help resign Robinson? If the Bears are paying close to market would he want to go forward with Fields. I think it can work.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And if you draft Fields, you can pay Robinson as you can have a starting QB on a rookie contract for the majority of the Robinson contract and not have to worry about bloated QB contracts

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well it would certainly make Chicago a more attractive destination for FA's. Not sure Dalton excites anyone looking to not only make money, but have the chance to win.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Arob is playing on the tag this year. Its a given. He rushed to the table when he saw the wr free agent market and probably wants to put up a great year ahead of next offseason.

I think the only way he stays is if we get a young QB he has alot of rapport with and he then resigns mid-season. As long as there is a good connection,

I dont think it matters who the QB is As kong as it is a young guy. I would be shocked if he is a good pairing with Dalton. And even if huses, he might come away thinking it was more of him than Dalton and therefore be interested in still going to the market

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, Robinson likely gets another contract after this one... good QB play will only help that.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft Fields does it help resign Robinson? If the Bears are paying close to market would he want to go forward with Fields. I think it can work.
I don't think it will be because of Fields being a good prospect, it will be because next year they have some cap space and will have a Rookie QB on his rookie deal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes. Yes it would.

Arob isn't the one hurting his re-sign situation, it's pace. Arob started off giving them a discount this time last year. He wanted to be here, Pace/Nagy just don't value him as much as us fans do.

I think if they get a young qb (fields/lance/jones) it makes them 100% have to try to work things out with Arob. If they don't it's very evident that Pace isn't learning from his mistakes. Gotta give the next guy as good of a chance to succeed as possible. Don't worry about the other side of the ball till you figure out the most important position in sports.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I may be in the minority here, but I would try to trade him. I don’t get the feeling he will be here next season, so why not try to get something. I would pitch MIA 20, next years first, ARob and another pick to move up to 6.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Yes. Yes it would.

Arob isn't the one hurting his re-sign situation, it's pace. Arob started off giving them a discount this time last year. He wanted to be here, Pace/Nagy just don't value him as much as us fans do.
You can blame a lot of things on Pace and Nagy but this isn't one of them. Betting the Bears did not have it in their budget from ownership to sign him during COVID, not knowing what the 21 budget would be.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I hope AR is part of whatever trade package it takes to get our QB in the draft

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I hope AR is part of whatever trade package it takes to get our QB in the draft
In the long run trading Robinson might be better for the team with so many good WRs in every draft but it would not be easier to win this year for Nagy and Pace if Robinson is traded.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
In the long run trading Robinson might be better for the team with so many good WRs in every draft but it would not be easier to win this year for Nagy and Pace if Robinson is traded.
Getting a top QB prospect protects their jobs a lot more than ARob will.