If the Dolphins fire Mike McDaniels, should the Bears fire Eberflus and hire mike?

Should bears get Mcdaniels?

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This staff isn't going anywhere unless somebody Getsy a promotion. Team did as expected for the amount of injuries it had. I doubt McDaniels goes anywhere either but with that owner, it could happen. Best we could hope for is Getsy to get a HC job and Poles lures McDaniels in to replace him because he like Fields and prefers to concentrate on O. The likelihood of that is near zero.
Flus is going to hire ole buddy Reich.

I wouldn't mind them bringing in Reich as QB coach and have him OC in waiting if either Getsy flourishes and leaves or fails and is fired after next season.

Move Halloween Zach Galifianakis to WR coach were he has had success coaching JJ in MIN and 86 Tyke Tolbert WR/Passing game OC where the Bears were horrid at both.
1673101767369.png

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody is taking Getsy. He might get an interview but nothing he did this year screams HC material. It was basically just “make a play JF & make me look good.”
Maybe you missed the part where I said likelihood is near zero.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe you missed the part where I said likelihood is near zero.
I saw that. I just think it’s entirely useless to bring it up although others on here somehow thinks he’s a legit HC candidate

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I saw that. I just think it’s entirely useless to bring it up although others on here somehow thinks he’s a legit HC candidate
I think you're correct but stranger things... I don't pretend to be Nostradamus. Not like he hasn't been interviewed.

Please don't make this into an argument where I have any expectation of it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think you're correct but stranger things... I don't pretend to be Nostradamus. Not like he hasn't been interviewed.

Please don't make this into an argument where I have any expectation of it.
So why do you expect Getsy to get a HC gig?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Lol at the people saying Getsey might get a coaching job or even an interview.

He is terrible at his job.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
On a similar note, if the Chiefs make Mahomies available via trade I think we should probably go after him as well.

Da Bears + Mike McDaniels + Mahomies = Super Bowel!!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like McDaniels but I kind of feel like he blew a surprisingly winnable game today when he took over play calling, racked up a pile of delay penalties, and forgot to run the ball down by 3 with half of the fourth quarter still left.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would McDaniels come here when the Bears O is a shit show right now.? He is young enough to get another coaching gig in a few years if he succeeds with new team. If he waits after the draft, and FA, maybe it’s a different story,

I would like him to come to the Bears. He is smart and talented.
Because he would slob Fields’ knobber

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I like McDaniels but I kind of feel like he blew a surprisingly winnable game today when he took over play calling, racked up a pile of delay penalties, and forgot to run the ball down by 3 with half of the fourth quarter still left.
They were starting their 3rd string QB and almost won the game.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They aren't firing him
The Bears aren't hiring him
The Bears missed the boat with DaBoll....he was the guy to hire not fluberbus and some BS hits philosophy

mecha

Liked Posts:
They aren't firing him
The Bears missed the boat with DaBoll....he was the guy to hire not fluberbus and some BS hits philosophy
conversely, if Trestman/Fox/Nagy were coaching the 2022 Bears, I don't think they would've narrowly (and I mean narrowly) lost about 7 games, they would've been massacred. the Eberflus blame I think is misplaced because he's not running the defense. how can you run a defense that's so lax on skilled players? I still think it's a wonder that team played as hard as they did. rebuild the trenches and dividends will be paid I think.

I think Daboll is a good coach though. Giants were F-ing DOA for years until he came and now they've notched a playoff win.

Bust

Liked Posts:
They aren't firing him

What a boss. Look at Daboll on the sideline with his player and the snipe with the reporter. Meanwhile Bears get the hustle guy.