If the Dolphins fire Mike McDaniels, should the Bears fire Eberflus and hire mike?

Should bears get Mcdaniels?

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm a proponent for coaching, yes. players still have to execute on the field however. asking the 2022 Bears to actually be something was a tall order.

He was literally coping that the Bears could have had 8 wins like it actually fucking means anything in 2023. Seriously, he’s one of the worst posters on this board by a wide margin.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He was literally coping that the Bears could have had 8 wins like it actually fucking means anything in 2023. Seriously, he’s one of the worst posters on this board by a wide margin.
8 wins would fuck up the draft! you know what else 8 wins gets you? probably not even in the playoffs, not like you would win anything anyway. or an embarrassing showing like the 2020 Bears, which netted Nagy a temporary free pass because derp, they backed into the playoffs.

the Vikings had a way better record than that and I knew they were going to get BTFO by a real team when shit was on the line.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
8 wins would fuck up the draft! you know what else 8 wins gets you? probably not even in the playoffs, not like you would win anything anyway. or an embarrassing showing like the 2020 Bears, which netted Nagy a temporary free pass because derp, they backed into the playoffs.

the Vikings had a way better record than that and I knew they were going to get BTFO by a real team when shit was on the line.
Yeah, you can blame O’Connell for that. Another offensive “guru” who thinks he’s smarter than the rest of the league. Giants last in DVOA against the run and he only runs Cook 14 times. None in the last 2 drives. Idiots.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if Getsy got an interview we don’t know what might happen.

Some people will instinctively hire the smartest guy in the room.

The dim will view confidence and narcissism as the smartest guy which is what the bears suffer from chronically. The current regime does feel different than our usual mistake but I would like it better if Eberflus was DC and like Herm Edwards was a non-football decisions defensive backs coach head coach, inspirer and leader. An accountability head coach who rips coordinators for stupid decisions but like a grandpa builds them up and gives them another chance.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He’s one of those that believes in momentum carrying over from season to season. Reminds me of the 2005 Fins that went on a tear later that year and had ridiculous expectations in 2006. Only for the season to bomb & Saban quit to go to Alabama. Or the 2010 Giants who infamously choked away the division to the Eagles on a last second D Jackson punt return only to win the SB the following year. Momentum is overrated going from season to season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He’s one of those that believes in momentum carrying over from season to season. Reminds me of the 2005 Fins that went on a tear later that year and had ridiculous expectations in 2006. Only for the season to bomb & Saban quit to go to Alabama. Or the 2010 Giants who infamously choked away the division to the Eagles on a last second D Jackson punt return only to win the SB the following year. Momentum is overrated going from season to season.
the parity of the league is so strong that teams can go from winners to losers or vice versa within a single offseason. it's why I think when the nerd wonks start clamoring about strength of schedule it just tells me they don't understand the basics of how the league works. look no further than the 2022 Green Bay Packers. they were touted to be something like one of the top 3 teams this year, they wound up not making the playoffs. it goes beyond Rodgers aging, for those not keeping track.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Some people will instinctively hire the smartest guy in the room.

Brian DaBoll "what we did is what we wanted to do"

Matt Eberflus "we need to hustle to the ball and play good fundamentals" <---- this is his main talking point every week, lol

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Daboll is a heck of a coach, but he inherited a team loaded with talent, let us see what the Bears do in two years, after they actually draft some players...

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I'd be all over that.
I do like the short-yardage QB sneak with big bodies behind to push the line forwards. It's worked well from what I've seen in the playoffs

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
They aren't firing him
The Bears aren't hiring him
The Bears missed the boat with DaBoll....he was the guy to hire not fluberbus and some BS hits philosophy
Do we really want Fields learning a third offense in his third year?

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
the parity of the league is so strong that teams can go from winners to losers or vice versa within a single offseason. it's why I think when the nerd wonks start clamoring about strength of schedule it just tells me they don't understand the basics of how the league works. look no further than the 2022 Green Bay Packers. they were touted to be something like one of the top 3 teams this year, they wound up not making the playoffs. it goes beyond Rodgers aging, for those not keeping track.
Don't forget the rams like the pack went all in cap-wise to win it all this year and we know what happened

Bust

Liked Posts:
Do we really want Fields learning a third offense in his third year?

Not ideal, but what controls that tho?

If the Bears field another loser record next season there will be changes.