If the draft falls this way who are you taking?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yup. I’d take Bijan Robinson right here and smile at all the suckers that let him fall to me.
I'd be here for it but just don't think the Bears pull that trigger.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I still don't think Poles is worried about need...at all.

My guess would be Gonzalez, but agreed on Witherspoon being more their type. So I would expect one of those two.

Lets say one of the corners go and PJJR is still there...I still don't think Poles would take him. I think Broderick Jones is more their style and could plug and start at RT right away.

With that said- pending on a trade down...I feel like #53 is going to be a sweet spot for the Bears to land their starting RT. I think Anton Harrison out of Oklahoma is that guy in that range.
I think there's almost 0 chance Harrison is there at that point. I also saw you mention kancey in the 50s earlier. I'd be pretty shocked if kancey isn't gone in the 1st round.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there's almost 0 chance Harrison is there at that point. I also saw you mention kancey in the 50s earlier. I'd be pretty shocked if kancey isn't gone in the 1st round.
My primary point was there will be prospects with high upside that fit what the Bears want to do with this picks. I think they're in a great position going into the draft and its so refreshing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
My primary point was there will be prospects with high upside that fit what the Bears want to do with this picks. I think they're in a great position going into the draft and its so refreshing.
I agree I've gone through the prospect list and there's close to 70 guys I'd be good with picking with the first 4 picks they have. So they will have good players available. Whether it is DL/OL we will see but they can get day 1 contributors

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
They would take their highest rated corner. To get the pick of the litter at 9 in a league that is heavily invested in passing makes too much sense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Zero chance my guy Kancey is there in the 50's.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This guy?!
Yeah, I wouldn't take him over Paris Johnson, who is a true Tackle, but would categorize him as an Interior OLineman and draft him pver everyone else. There is no need to reach and take a project OT when you can draft a sure prospect like Skoronski. The way I see it, ge would automatically be part of the top 5 best OL you have and you fit him in wherever.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
1. CJ Stroud
2. Bryce Young
3. Will Anderson
4. Anthony Richardson
5. Jalen Carter
6. Tyree Wilson
7. Paris Johnson
8. Lukas Van Ness

Saw a mock that started this way on the Athletic today and thought it was an interesting start.

Let’s say you can’t get a good trade down… who’s the pick?
one of either JSN preferred or Jones the T from GA.

msadows

Liked Posts:
At that point, I'd love a trade down. If I'd have to pick a guy, it would be skoronski.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like him just feel it's way to high for him, good from 15 -25 even thought he may be best in the class.
That’s the thing though…if you feel that he’s the best tackle in the draft available, and you can’t trade back(you’re welcome @BaBaBlacksheep )…then why not still take him at 9?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd take Christian Gonzalez. I actually have Witherspoon as the CB1 in this draft, but Gonzalez is right there with him. And I think Gonzalez is a better fit. I think he's the perfect Cover2/3 zone corner. He's just a smooth mover who has developing ball skills and beautiful transitions breaking on the ball. He's not super physical, but has the size to play press man as well. I also think he's a better all around athlete than Witherspoon.

Witherspoon does have inside/outside versatility, but I think he's a guy you want in man coverage. He plays at 1 speed and is 100mph at all times, which isn't a bad thing, but it's also not a very zone friendly style of play.