If the rams go 10-6....

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Here is another scenario that I would prefer to happen, but to call it wishful thinking would be an understatement:

Bears beat Greenbay
Bears beat Chiefs
Bears beat Vikings
Bears = 10-6 with 5-1 Divisional Record

Vikings lose to Chargers
Vikings beat Greenbay
Vikings lose to Bears
Vikings = 10-6 with 3-3 Divisional Record

Greenbay loses to Bears
Greenbay loses to Vikings
Greenbay loses to Lions (lol)
Greenbay = 10-6 record with 3-3 Divisional Record

In this scenario Bears would win the Divison and get the 3rd seed!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Back on planet Earth ?, good to see the Raiders imploding. They are down to 6-7 and that pick looks like being 45-50 rather than 50-55. Thank God for small mercies I guess lol.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If we lose to the Broncos and beat the Rams our 7-6 has us in better shape.

We were garbage for five, six weeks so can have no complaints.

Losing to the Eagles and then the Rams in the span of 3 weeks was the backbreaker of this season. At the time we played both teams we knew the games had extra meaning due to the potential that we would be vying for the same playoff spot. Not only that, but the Eagles had eliminated us in 2018. Yet, in both games the offense laid an egg. It is the reason why I truly lost hope for Mitch at the time. We desperately needed to win both games, but the offense never had a pulse.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Back on planet Earth ?, good to see the Raiders imploding. They are down to 6-7 and that pick looks like being 45-50 rather than 50-55. Thank God for small mercies I guess lol.
Why is Ryan Tannehill such a freaking monster right now lol

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Losing to the Eagles and then the Rams in the span of 3 weeks was the backbreaker of this season. At the time we played both teams we knew the games had extra meaning due to the potential that we would be vying for the same playoff spot. Not only that, but the Eagles had eliminated us in 2018. Yet, in both games the offense laid an egg. It is the reason why I truly lost hope for Mitch at the time. We desperately needed to win both games, but the offense never had a pulse.

Yep, was a dark time.

My off season mood will be entirely determined by how the offense go in the final 3 weeks. We could have the arrow pointing slightly up or be ready to tear the whole thing up.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Don't forget the Raiders game. That loss started the free fall (4 game losing streak) as the Bears were feeling pretty good about themselves at 3-1 going into that Raiders game.

Raiders D in the last 3 weeks have given up 42, 40 and 34 points, all blowout losses.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
To be fair I thought the season was over when the bears lost to a chargers team with a losing record at home.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why is Ryan Tannehill such a freaking monster right now lol

IDK man, the world works in mysterious ways. Dude was basically on his way to become a career backup and now he's about to get like a 4 year deal with TEN. Then again he was never THAT bad. Like baker mayfield bad, lol.

Honestly tho, its that he finally has a good run game. Don't discount how much that means to a QB. I think the stat today was that he had the most play action yards in like 4 years. A lot of bad qb's thrive off the play action, too bad it took nagy like 3/4 of a season to figure that out.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Bears also
IDK man, the world works in mysterious ways. Dude was basically on his way to become a career backup and now he's about to get like a 4 year deal with TEN. Then again he was never THAT bad. Like baker mayfield bad, lol.

Honestly tho, its that he finally has a good run game. Don't discount how much that means to a QB. I think the stat today was that he had the most play action yards in like 4 years. A lot of bad qb's thrive off the play action, too bad it took nagy like 3/4 of a season to figure that out.
Bears also don't have the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL in Derrick Henry

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good point. Also the reason I would like for the Bears to win their last three, the Raiders would get a worse pick. Small victories I guess.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm at the point where I want a win but it doesn't really matter that much. The chances of us making the playoffs are very minimal. Too much has to go right, and the rams winning tonight prob made our odds drop to like 4% or something.

All I want out of this season is for mitch to post up 3 more games that are at least decent. Build on that into next season. Having mitch "figure it out" will work wonders for this team heading into next year because there wont be a worry about using one of those 2nd rounders on a QB.

Draft two lineman in the 2nd round(RT, OG), Sign a TE(Ebron, Hooper), and hope to fucking god mitch continues the good play. Only chance we got in 2020.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
We also have to hope that Nagy learns from this year and that the level of play we saw vs Lions and Cowboys is the floor of this offense against mediocre teams not the ceiling.

A month ago I was ready to blow the whole thing up. I still think Pace is extremely lucky to have a job but it is what it is at this point.

We're tied to Mitch for 2020 unless he falls off a cliff in the last three games so makes sense to plug the holes on the offense and see what happens.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
I'm at the point where I want a win but it doesn't really matter that much. The chances of us making the playoffs are very minimal. Too much has to go right, and the rams winning tonight prob made our odds drop to like 4% or something.

All I want out of this season is for mitch to post up 3 more games that are at least decent. Build on that into next season. Having mitch "figure it out" will work wonders for this team heading into next year because there wont be a worry about using one of those 2nd rounders on a QB.

Draft two lineman in the 2nd round(RT, OG), Sign a TE(Ebron, Hooper), and hope to fucking god mitch continues the good play. Only chance we got in 2020.
For the love of god the bears need to make a run before hicks retires. This team won't be the same without him.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The only other way we make it is hope that in Dallas the cowboys can take down the rams.... who knows... but yeah the hawks losing tonight probably makes it unlikely that we get to post season

I just hope to see Mitch play well all three games.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here is another scenario that I would prefer to happen, but to call it wishful thinking would be an understatement:

Bears beat Greenbay
Bears beat Chiefs
Bears beat Vikings
Bears = 10-6 with 5-1 Divisional Record

Vikings lose to Chargers
Vikings beat Greenbay
Vikings lose to Bears
Vikings = 10-6 with 3-3 Divisional Record

Greenbay loses to Bears
Greenbay loses to Vikings
Greenbay loses to Lions (lol)
Greenbay = 10-6 record with 3-3 Divisional Record

In this scenario Bears would win the Divison and get the 3rd seed!
they don't even have to lose if the vikings lose to chargers and bears but beat green bay and the packers lose to the bears the vikings and then TIE with the lions we would still get in

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
The only other way we make it is hope that in Dallas the cowboys can take down the rams.... who knows... but yeah the hawks losing tonight probably makes it unlikely that we get to post season

I just hope to see Mitch play well all three games.
Cowboys don't really have any incentive to win that game. As long as they beat the Eagles and Washington they're in the playoffs in the NFC least. On that fact alone I think the rams blow that dysfunctional team out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two games that really stick out.....losing to the Packers when you hold Rodgers & Co to 10 pts and the give away game to the Chargers. Two costly home losses that if they would have won.....9-4 and being in good shape.

But shoulda, woulda, coulda......

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think if there’s a 3 way tie. For example if the Vikings also are 10-6. My guess is the first tiebreaker would be conference record.

No if 3 or more teams are tied you first apply the division tiebreakers to eliminate all but highest ranked teams in a division.

So since Bears and Vikings are in same division, you break the tie with them first which Bears would win based on head to head.

That would then leave Rams and Bears in 2 way tie which 1st tie breaker head to head so Rams win.

It would only skip head to head and go to conference record if the 3 teams were all from different divisions.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Don't forget the Raiders game. That loss started the free fall (4 game losing streak) as the Bears were feeling pretty good about themselves at 3-1 going into that Raiders game.

Raiders D in the last 3 weeks have given up 42, 40 and 34 points, all blowout losses.

That was an ugly game for sure and in hindisght seemed to begin the slide down, but it was a game that didn't hold much importance at the time and not very meaningful when isolated in itself. The loss could have been chalked up as a fluke. We could have used a multitude of excuses such as Mitch was out, We were jet-lagged in London, the Raiders were chopblocking, we lost Akiem, running into the kicker call, etc. At the end of the day it was a loss that we could recover from.

The Rams and Eagles were essentially a 2 game swing since you not only won a game, but gave a playoff contender a loss and held a head-to-head tiebreaker over them...so maybe it was a 2.5 game swing..

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
they don't even have to lose if the vikings lose to chargers and bears but beat green bay and the packers lose to the bears the vikings and then TIE with the lions we would still get in

The Packers would then be 10-5-1 and have the highest winning percentage and therefore win the division.