If the rams go 10-6....

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The only other way we make it is hope that in Dallas the cowboys can take down the rams.... who knows... but yeah the hawks losing tonight probably makes it unlikely that we get to post season

I just hope to see Mitch play well all three games.

Either way as long as the Bears win, you push back being mathematically eliminated which for me makes the games much more interesting to watch. That's all I can ask for right now.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It's reasonable the Cowboys might beat Rams in Dal (and 49ers over Rams in SF). And Packers beating Vikes in Min.

Then Bears would just need to run the table.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Rams winning tonight was a back breaker for the Bears. We're done, barring multiple upsets (Vikings and Rams losing to bums and us winning out).

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The Rams winning tonight was a back breaker for the Bears. We're done, barring multiple upsets (Vikings and Rams losing to bums and us winning out).
Yeah I think we're there too. In either case I'd like the team to win out. Make it interesting for the fan base.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
The Bears winning out against GB, KC, and Minnesota seems less likely than any scenario involving the Rams and Vikes losing enough to get them to 10-6. I keep on going back to how the Bears gave the game away to the Chargers ?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The Bears winning out against GB, KC, and Minnesota seems less likely than any scenario involving the Rams and Vikes losing enough to get them to 10-6. I keep on going back to how the Bears gave the game away to the Chargers ?
Yep...Denny Green has shown everyone that it's not a great idea to go into victory formation if you aren't winning.

Apparently got the memo after that game...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah I think we're there too. In either case I'd like the team to win out. Make it interesting for the fan base.

Yup. I'd rather go 10-6 and miss the playoffs than 7-9 or 8-8. If we had a first round pick it would be a different story, but the difference between 5-6 picks in the 2nd round isn't worth the amount of confidence and progress it would mean for this team.

If we win out it means mitch took a step, and this offense did as well. Thats all I have wanted from this team since the New Orleans game(which is when I decided this season was shot).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
7-9 is likeliest outcome of the four possibilities.

coolio

Liked Posts:
If we start off bad next year, I'd like to see an implosion of the front office and personnel.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Very unlikely, but I wouldn’t classify at Dallas, at San Fran, and Green Bay as major upsets. Also, the Chargers are at home following a dominant performance and you can never completely rule out Arizona game to game because they have a talented QB.

Remember, we are talking aboot Kirk Cousins and Jared Goff here. Both could easily and unsurprisingly choke away the rest of their seasons down the stretch. The biggest obstacle here is the Bears actually winning the next 3 games.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I could see the Rams losing at least 2 of their last 3. You guys can't?

@ Cowboys
@ 49ers
vs. Cardinals

The real Bears-related headline coming out of the Rams' win over the Seahawks is that the Bears can no longer afford to drop a game if the Rams don't lose out. (If I'm reading the tiebreak scenario correctly)

We already knew the margin was extremely thin for the Bears in these last few games, and we already knew playoff hopes were extremely slim. The Rams' win over the Seahawks doesn't change much of that. It just tightens the lid, although it does suck.

Here's the tiebreak procedure: https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

A little convoluted, and I could see how some people (including myself last week) could read it incorrectly. I believe if I'm reading it right now, though, if the Rams, Bears and Vikings were all tied at the end of the year, since the Bears and Vikings are in the same division, the tiebreak first eliminates one of them in order to only have one team from each division involved in the tiebreak. The Bears would win that tiebreak and advance to the tiebreak with the Rams. Then the Rams would win the tiebreak head-to-head with the Bears, since they beat the Bears. It's only if the Bears and Rams hadn't played each other that they would look to in-conference record.

Long story short, the Rams win the 3-team tiebreak between the Rams, Bears and Vikings.

The Bears might end up one. game. short. If that happens, we'll look back pretty heartbreakingly at the Raiders game, the Chargers game, the Rams game.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Several people have stated in fact in this thread the way a 3 way tie result would be handled with several different mechanisms and results. Obviously there can only be one true answer which also means people are stating things as fact which are inaccurate or incorrectly interpreted.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
What I want most is for the Bears to put up a legit, strong showing in these final games so that there is something to build off of next season, instead of desperate moves being made to try and save jobs, followed by a huge hole for the next GM/HC to dig out off.

If they make it into the playoffs, that is icing on the cake. It should be the cake, but my expectations at this point are realistic. If they finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs, I hope they can end the Vikings season and give the Raiders the worst possible draft pick they can.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IDK man, the world works in mysterious ways. Dude was basically on his way to become a career backup and now he's about to get like a 4 year deal with TEN. Then again he was never THAT bad. Like baker mayfield bad, lol.

Honestly tho, its that he finally has a good run game. Don't discount how much that means to a QB. I think the stat today was that he had the most play action yards in like 4 years. A lot of bad qb's thrive off the play action, too bad it took nagy like 3/4 of a season to figure that out.
If you think the run game/play action is why he’s good, then you haven’t been paying attention. Henry has been better because of Tannehill, not the other way around.

Obviously this is a pro-Mitch/anti-Nagy narrative driven post.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
After the Rams win tonight I think the best scenario for the Bears is to knock the Vikings out of the playoffs. Always a laudable goal.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we aren't making the playoffs, I'm hoping to win out and have the Packers lose out and miss the playoffs too...

Let's go Detroit wk 17!!!

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
That San Diego loss killed us. I hate kickers.
If it does indeed play out that our season was lost with the San Diego game (although the Raiders and Rams games are as much at fault most likely), it will be telling that the Kicker position cost us post season implications in back to back years. Since it will be indirectly correlated this year, I don't think Pace will get questioned as much as he should around the kicker position.