If Trubisky and Trevor Lawrence were in the same draft and Pace took Mitch, would ANYONE defend Pace?

Southside

Liked Posts:
Imagine an alternate world where Trevor Lawrence and Mitch were both in the 2017 draft and Pace took Mitch, would anyone be defending Pace right now?

This may blow your mind but Pace still has defenders on the internet. Besides ChiCitySports, I've been surfing multiple alternative Bears fan platforms (I wont mention their names) this week to see what their thoughts are regarding Pace, Nagy, and Mitch. To ChiCitySport's credit, most people seem to be realistic in assessing the 3. But I've been on other chat forums where as recently as this morning (1/17/21) I've seen NUMEROUS people defending Pace and making the argument that Pace should not be criticized harshly for selecting Trubisky over Watson because of how high draft analysts rated Mitch Trubisky.

The reason why I make comparisons between both Lawrence and Watson is that they have similaries being that they both were produced by Clemson, both have 3 years of experience in college which is more than Mitch, both were Heisman candidates, both went to a National Championship Games, both played in the same ACC conference as Mitch etc. I would love to see the excuses in an alternate universe where Pace takes Trubisky over Lawrence or whether or not Pace would even still have a job.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So is Pace trading up to #1 in this scenario?
Watson was projected outside the top 10 and selected there. Lawrence is likely the 1st pick so while Pace shouldn't be defended here, your scenario is totally illegit.
Besides, Trevor is white so acceptable to Pace. :whistle:

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It’s disgusting that they drafted Mitch when he had limited college experience and the other two guys are now on a Hall of Fame tracks

listen, I know people are protesting racial injustice and also the election and I understand your passions but why not also protest outside Ryan Pace’s house? What he did was criminal

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s disgusting that they drafted Mitch when he had limited college experience and the other two guys are now on a Hall of Fame tracks

listen, I know people are protesting racial injustice and also the election and I understand your passions but why not also protest outside Ryan Pace’s house? What he did was criminal
Because it's a game?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine an alternate world where Trevor Lawrence and Mitch were both in the 2017 draft and Pace took Mitch, would anyone be defending Pace right now?

This may blow your mind but Pace still has defenders on the internet. Besides ChiCitySports, I've been surfing multiple alternative Bears fan platforms (I wont mention their names) this week to see what their thoughts are regarding Pace, Nagy, and Mitch. To ChiCitySport's credit, most people seem to be realistic in assessing the 3. But I've been on other chat forums where as recently as this morning (1/17/21) I've seen NUMEROUS people defending Pace and making the argument that Pace should not be criticized harshly for selecting Trubisky over Watson because of how high draft analysts rated Mitch Trubisky.

The reason why I make comparisons between both Lawrence and Watson is that they have similaries being that they both were produced by Clemson, both have 3 years of experience in college which is more than Mitch, both were Heisman candidates, both went to a National Championship Games, both played in the same ACC conference as Mitch etc. I would love to see the excuses in an alternate universe where Pace takes Trubisky over Lawrence or whether or not Pace would even still have a job.
GM'S job should be to drown out media or message board analysts

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its not the same thing. Mahomes nor Watson were considered a consensus #1 pick like Lawrence is going to be.

Many many teams would pick Mahomes in hindsight. Too bad Pace didnt have the Back to the Future sports almanac.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Its not the same thing. Mahomes nor Watson were considered a consensus #1 pick like Lawrence is going to be.

Many many teams would pick Mahomes in hindsight. Too bad Pace didnt have the Back to the Future sports almanac.

I still don’t understand how the entire NFL misevaluated Watson. He should have been the consensus #1 QB.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Over Mahomes??

No, obviously Mahomes is #1 in a re-draft.

Im just saying based off college resume’ and projection. It seemed like the obvious #1 pick from a fans perspective. Then he goes QB3.

Still mind boggling to me.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I still don’t understand how the entire NFL misevaluated Watson. He should have been the consensus #1 QB.

No way... Pro scouts should have been able to identify the arm talent, poise, accuracy and leadership that Mahomes displayed at Texas Tech all while playing with vastly inferior talent around him. I saw a ton of his games in college and he was head and shoulders better than Watson.

I was swayed a bit by Watson’s gutsy performances in the title games but well before the draft Mahomes was my hope for the Bears at 3. I still never complain about it because I have no control over it and I don’t like whiny bitches.

And the last part is not directed at you...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

And Lawrence will not win a Super Bowl in his first 3 years....poss never.

There are no Patrick Mahomes in this draft.
There are no Deshaun Watsons in this draft
There are however, a few Mitch Trubiskys and Jay Cutlers.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Watson may get to the Hall of Fame in the Dan Marino path

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mitch was ranked high, which shows these fuckers have no clue, but it’s the way Pace acquired him.

- He didn’t do his due diligence and Watson.
- He traded a boatload of picks to move up 1 fucking spot to get him.
- Pace wasted the best draft position the Bears had since 1972.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
GM'S job should be to drown out media or message board analysts
Funny thing is fans of the game of football become GMs. I’m not saying you should trust what the fans say but it wouldn’t hurt to see what people are saying about college players. You could do worse

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch was ranked high, which shows these fuckers have no clue, but it’s the way Pace acquired him.

- He didn’t do his due diligence and Watson.
- He traded a boatload of picks to move up 1 fucking spot to get him.
- Pace wasted the best draft position the Bears had since 1972.
The trading of picks is what should have gotten Pace fired. If you have the number 3, there really isn’t a reason to trade up 1 spot.....nothing can change my mind on this. He absolutely fucked that up.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, obviously Mahomes is #1 in a re-draft.

Im just saying based off college resume’ and projection. It seemed like the obvious #1 pick from a fans perspective. Then he goes QB3.

Still mind boggling to me.
Gotcha. Mahomes was my #1 pre draft but I literally just picked him from watching some highlights as I don't watch Minor League Football at all. Could tell his arm talent was special.

Pace ignored his own coach and picked Trubs. When he said he “learned” hopefully that means to trust his coaches opinions as well. If I remember reading right Nagy was pining for Mahomes in KC....

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It’s hard to believe Pace came from the Saints. I wonder if the Bears did background check or employment verification, or ask for references.