If we dont RD 1 qb

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This guy would be a nice day 3 pick. Have really been looking for a diamond in the rough and i think this guy is it. Hes accurate, strong arm, can read defenses, is athletic and hes a leader. Has to put on weight and work a bit on mechanics but there is a lot to like here. I mean look at the throws of 50+ yards with very little loft and nice touch. I do believe hes a guy that should sit for at least his first year and there is no guarantee of him doing anything great but he could be a steal if he lands in the right place. He is low risk and possibly very high reward since you can get him day 3 (unless he blows it up at the combine which im guessing he will) and if hes there we should take the chance and sit him a year behind Foles.

Senior | 6’3” 201 lbs | Grafton, OH | Academic All-MAC

Athleticism:

A good athlete who can escape the pocket well and make plays with his legs, Dustin Crum likely needs to add weight to his skinny frame to endure NFL hits. He displays good contact balance and can change direction with ease in the open field with a good feel for pursuit angles, though does not operate in traffic particularly well.

Accuracy:

Shows pinpoint short accuracy when throwing in rhythm, placing the ball well in tight windows away from defenders. When pressured or made uncomfortable in the pocket, he can tend to push shorter throws, which can affect his accuracy. He shows good touch on the deep ball, with good confidence in his arm and can drop it in over the top. Did not display much of an intermediate passing game over the middle but can hit longer curls and comebacks well.

Arm Strength:

Solid arm strength, showing a range of at least 50 yards. Gets the ball out with a very quick release on underneath throws and good release time on the long ball. When feeling pressured, he does not always follow through, which can hurt his range and accuracy, but generally throws a nice ball.

Decision Making:

An aerospace engineering major, Crum has the intelligence to read the defenses well pre-snap and has a knack for knowing where the ball should go before the play begins. He does not show an ability to make full field reads during the play, tending to get flighty when his first or second read is not there, and can struggle to keep his eyes downfield when escaping the pocket. After being pressured and thrown out of rhythm, he can be indecisive and relies too much on his legs. One thing he does very well is limit mistakes, as he knows when not to throw the ball, only committing 2 INTs in 2019.

Competitiveness:

Crum is a tough competitor, willing to hang in the pocket and take a shot if it means he can help the team. He fights for extra yardage in the running game and is even willing to block for his teammates. He appears to be a strong vocal leader in the huddle and his team rallies around him.

Injury History:

N/A

Overall:

Crum is an athletic, accurate QB who is a tough competitor. He has the most success when reading the defense pre-snap and finding the holes on quick routes or taking downfield shots. His skinny statue, limited ability to make full field reads, and lack of eye discipline when pressured may limit his ceiling, but he has the accuracy and arm strength to make the majority of next-level throws and can pick up yardage on the ground when need be.

Projection:

Crum’s combination of accuracy, toughness, and athleticism make him an intriguing NFL prospect. Without improved eye-discipline and an ability to go through full progressions, he will likely be a high-upside backup at the next level. Look for him to be an early to mid-day 3 selection.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I say go for it he'd be a good undrafted free agent or 7th round pick for a team he's a good runner but he's not fast like Watson or Trubisky I'd guess 4.80.

He's so inexperienced as a football player i can't see him get past anyone's practice squad but he'd compete with Tyler Bray.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I say go for it he'd be a good undrafted free agent or 7th round pick for a team he's a good runner but he's not fast like Watson or Trubisky I'd guess 4.80.

He's so inexperienced as a football player i can't see him get past anyone's practice squad but he'd compete with Tyler Bray.
I think hes better than what youre giving him credit for and while he does run well thats not his game. Hes a qb who can run not a running qb. I think hes someone to draft late and develop. Hes got far more talent than Tyler Bray.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think hes better than what youre giving him credit for and while he does run well thats not his game. Hes a qb who can run not a running qb. I think hes someone to draft late and develop. Hes got far more talent than Tyler Bray.

Thats not his game? He's a running QB he had 707 rushing yards in 2019 and in only four games in 2020 he had 240 yards.

The most Trubisky had in a season in college was 308 yards and Crim has almost double the rushing attempts.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bray's no longer Practice Squad eligible. He gone.

Why the hell not get this dude late? Pace is better later on anyhow. Assuming Nagy doesn't wreck him in 1 year.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bray's no longer Practice Squad eligible. He gone.

Why the hell not get this dude late? Pace is better later on anyhow. Assuming Nagy doesn't wreck him in 1 year.
A team like ours should have ALWAYS been taking a QB late

msadows

Liked Posts:
Honestly, they should draft a QB round 1 AND round 3 or round 5.

Do what the redskins did the year they drafted RG3(Was it 2012? IDK, time flies). RG3 went down and they got kirk cousins out of it.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Davis Mills [Stanford]
Jamie Newman [Wake Forest]

Those would be my day 2 targets. Tons of physical tools.
The guy is a back up. Doesnt have the arm to zip into small passing windows or throw the deep ball any better than Scrubisky. Hard pass on him. Newman is definitely worth considering day 2.
"Davis Mills has average athleticism overall with regards to agility in and out of the pocket. He does a good job with subtle movements inside the pocket. However, on boots, naked, and RPOs, his lack of good athleticism and movement shows. He is a competitive player who has rallied his team from deficits. He is more accurate in the short to intermediate area than he is with his deep ball—although he shows moments of good touch on his deep passes."

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like Dustin Crum a lot. Unfortunately, he's going back to school in 2021.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The guy is a back up. Doesnt have the arm to zip into small passing windows or throw the deep ball any better than Scrubisky. Hard pass on him. Newman is definitely worth considering day 2.
"Davis Mills has average athleticism overall with regards to agility in and out of the pocket. He does a good job with subtle movements inside the pocket. However, on boots, naked, and RPOs, his lack of good athleticism and movement shows. He is a competitive player who has rallied his team from deficits. He is more accurate in the short to intermediate area than he is with his deep ball—although he shows moments of good touch on his deep passes."

He's a 3rd- 5th round pick, of course he's a backup. And there's nothing wrong with that. Can see if he hits on the small percentage chance that he can start if the starter isn't good enough. And he doesn't prevent you from going QB early in 2022.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Davis Mills [Stanford]
Jamie Newman [Wake Forest]

Those would be my day 2 targets. Tons of physical tools.

Davis Mills?

Puke

Hes at best an udfa with a ceiling as a backup

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
He's a 3rd- 5th round pick, of course he's a backup. And there's nothing wrong with that. Can see if he hits on the small percentage chance that he can start if the starter isn't good enough. And he doesn't prevent you from going QB early in 2022.
So youre going to draft a guy and develop him to be a back up when you dont have a starting QB? You draft a guy with the potential of being your starting QB. Back ups are a dime a dozen.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you draft a QB in rounds 2-3 you add going for a gut shot straight draw. It is unlikely to hit, but you have a chance.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So youre going to draft a guy and develop him to be a back up when you dont have a starting QB? You draft a guy with the potential of being your starting QB. Back ups are a dime a dozen.
Our back up won us 3 games last season