If we're trying to make a playoffs/sb run, not "tank for Trevor*",which of these guys are you most confident in as a full-time starter?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would change this a bit and list out everyone as it is not just a question of Tolliver for example.

A. CB Kevin Tolliver, Artie Burns, Stephen Denmark, Tre Roberson,
B. SS Deon Bush, Houston-Carr, Lucas
C. RG Germain Ifedi, Alex Bars, Rashaad Coward
D. WR Javon Wims, Riley Ridley
E. Jimmy Graham, Burton, too many others to mention.

MY confidence rankings:
1. CB - You have a former 1st round in Burns, A CFL standout, a guy that has played meaningful minutes in this D, and a 2nd year guy with potential. I don't have much confidence in any one of them but collectively I think it is likely one of them ends up being good enough.

2. Graham/Burton - Both guys have actually performed at a good level in the NFL before and main concern is injury and/or age. But at least you know you getting someone who has succeeded in NFL before.

3. S - I feel reasonably good about Bush and S you can draft late and still get a good guy. Having said that I have taken Delphit, Chin and Duggar in mocks in the 2nd round more often than I have CB or TE

4. OG - Not really sold on any of the guys here as they all seem like decent backups but not going to give us a whole lot more than what we had at those spots last year.

5. WR - This makes me the least confidence as Wimms and Ridley are the worst combination of talent and experience relative to the other positions, TE has people that were top 10 in NFL at their position, CB and OG has former 1st round picks, and S has a guy that has played and been more successful that either Wimms or Ridley. The bigger issue as well is that ARob being extended is murky and Miller has a shoulder issue that is not going away so this position has the most uncertainty IMO.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would change this a bit and list out everyone as it is not just a question of Tolliver for example.

MY confidence rankings:
1. CB - You have a former 1st round in Burns, A CFL standout, a guy that has played meaningful minutes in this D, and a 2nd year guy with potential. I don't have much confidence in any one of them but collectively I think it is likely one of them ends up being good enough.

2. Graham/Burton - Both guys have actually performed at a good level in the NFL before and main concern is injury and/or age. But at least you know you getting someone who has succeeded in NFL before.

3. S - I feel reasonably good about Bush and S you can draft late and still get a good guy. Having said that I have taken Delphit, Chin and Duggar in mocks in the 2nd round more often than I have CB or TE

4. OG - Not really sold on any of the guys here as they all seem like decent backups but not going to give us a whole lot more than what we had at those spots last year.

5. WR - This makes me the least confidence as Wimms and Ridley are the worst combination of talent and experience relative to the other positions, TE has people that were top 10 in NFL at their position, CB and OG has former 1st round picks, and S has a guy that has played and been more successful that either Wimms or Ridley. The bigger issue as well is that ARob being extended is murky and Miller has a shoulder issue that is not going away so this position has the most uncertainty IMO.

I could see any of these positions being addressed round two. All are shaky as fuk.

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
If our defense was average last season, the Raiders would be picking number one in the 2020 NFL Draft. If the defense gets hit with the injury bug and the offense barely improves, it’s possible this team could implode.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

MY confidence rankings:

I think this is a much better way of looking at the Bear's current situation. We need to evaluate the whole position and the competition we currently have on the depth chart.

1. CB - I'm actually OK with the CB position - we have plenty of unknown talent that should be given an opportunity. I'm interested to see what Dre Robertson brings to the table as well as Stephen Denmark who had remarkable college tape. Also its always nice to have another 1st round pick, with little expectations, to fill in and contribute.

2.. We need a TE to sit in the wings for either Burton or Graham, of which one will likely not be here in 2021. We don't necessarily need to draft them in the 2nd round though. We can test a 5th /6th round product to compete.

3. S - I've been a suporter of DHC since I saw his college tape, but he hasn't done much in his time here. Bush is hot or cold and I'm concerned if we suffer an injury of any sort to the secondary. Nonetheless Pace has done well with drafting 4th/5th round Safeties (Amos/Jackson) and would expect him to strike again.

4. I like both the upside of both Wimms and Ridley, but we really need one more productive receiver. Miller's shoulder and durability is definitely a concern and if ARob goes down we will not match-up very well against anyone. With the WR depth in this draft, If we can find a 1st round talent in the 2nd round you have to take the pick. No trade downs.

5. OG/OT - is a concern when you consider the durability of Bobbie Massie, the poor play of Leno and the contracts of both players. It is very likely one of them, if not both, are on the chopping block after this year. Ifedi is the swing tackle backup and that leaves me concerned if he is our best RG.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
After signing Robert Quinn I think it is safe to say we aren't tanking for Lawrence.
We were never tanking this season, never, even going back to the day following the last regular season game. Only football idiot goofs thought this or thought we should, unfortunately, there are many in here.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only a fucking idiot advocates tanking for a draft choice. Do you think the players give a shit about a pimply faced 22 year old and the fact that they would waste a year of their livews and risk their livelyhoods and contract to tank?

Losing only engenders losing

It betrays the confidence of every person in the organization

You are a fucking moron
WOW, I agree 100%

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this is a much better way of looking at the Bear's current situation. We need to evaluate the whole position and the competition we currently have on the depth chart.

1. CB - I'm actually OK with the CB position - we have plenty of unknown talent that should be given an opportunity. I'm interested to see what Dre Robertson brings to the table as well as Stephen Denmark who had remarkable college tape. Also its always nice to have another 1st round pick, with little expectations, to fill in and contribute.

2.. We need a TE to sit in the wings for either Burton or Graham, of which one will likely not be here in 2021. We don't necessarily need to draft them in the 2nd round though. We can test a 5th /6th round product to compete.

3. S - I've been a suporter of DHC since I saw his college tape, but he hasn't done much in his time here. Bush is hot or cold and I'm concerned if we suffer an injury of any sort to the secondary. Nonetheless Pace has done well with drafting 4th/5th round Safeties (Amos/Jackson) and would expect him to strike again.

4. I like both the upside of both Wimms and Ridley, but we really need one more productive receiver. Miller's shoulder and durability is definitely a concern and if ARob goes down we will not match-up very well against anyone. With the WR depth in this draft, If we can find a 1st round talent in the 2nd round you have to take the pick. No trade downs.

5. OG/OT - is a concern when you consider the durability of Bobbie Massie, the poor play of Leno and the contracts of both players. It is very likely one of them, if not both, are on the chopping block after this year. Ifedi is the swing tackle backup and that leaves me concerned if he is our best RG.
nice post that has NOTHING to do with the thread. smh

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Intangibles. That's the reason I like Justin Fields over Trevor Lawrence. Trevor Lawrence has the most talent. But injuries notwithstanding, Justin Fields is as cool as the under side of a pillow.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Tanking - it implies that you purposely do something to ensure a loss, and I just don't think that is something any Owner/coach/FO would do in the NFL outside of perhaps the last couple of games.

However - the idea of making changes in a season that is lost in order to evaluate a position or protect a player or to try a new scheme could also be considered "tanking".

For example if the Team is eliminated from the playoffs and a star player that just signed a new contract is nursing an injury that could impact the following year if he re-injures himself, is it considered "tanking" if you hold him out for the remainder of the year?

So is it tanking when a coach decides to pull a certain player out of a game that they are not going to win to prevent an injury?

Is it Tanking to throw a player other than your starter on the field during a blowout win, or in the case of a lost season to throw out a young player and give them more playing time than perhaps they have deserved?

While all of these things are forward looking they are also not favorable when it comes to the probability of winning a game.

There is not a single team that goes into the season saying, we are going to tank so we can get a certain player in the draft, but what does happen is you get to a certain point in a bad season, where your decisions begin to take on more of a strategy to think about the future and less about winning that weeks game....