If/when the Bears Hire New HC...

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would the Bears still have to comply with the Rooney Rule?

Or do they get an automatic pass since the outgoing guy already "successfully applied" for the job?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Never heard that there was a stipulation in that way; I figure they would have to comply with it still.

The Colts had to last year from articles if you search Colts and Rooney Rule.. so yes.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
Why was this dumbass thread even made?

Yes they have to comply with the rules of the NFL, like any other team.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never heard that there was a stipulation in that way; I figure they would have to comply with it still.

The Colts had to last year from articles if you search Colts and Rooney Rule.. so yes.

The Colts would have been a good "previous example" except that Caldwell was promoted from within. The Bears don't currently have any HC minority candidates already in-house.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Who cares?

stupid ass thread. Par for the course with this fanbase.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually I think if you are firing a "rooney rule qualifying candidate" you have to interview TWO Non-caucasian candidates!

:crazydance:

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why was this dumbass thread even made?

Why is any dumbass "if Lovie gets fired..." thread made?

A better question might be how many dumbass threads about Lovie's tenure is enough to be comical?

(42)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Colts would have been a good "previous example" except that Caldwell was promoted from within. The Bears don't currently have any HC minority candidates already in-house.

That was years ago.... LAST YEAR Cadwell was fired and they hired a non minority... They interviewed Jerry Gray of Tenneesee.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
The Bears won't be hiring a new coach anytime soon.

Its mentally unimaginable, mathematically incalculable, inextricably infallible, let's not forget utterly impossible or
morally insurmountable, to assume that Lovie Smith would be fired soon.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was years ago.... LAST YEAR Cadwell was fired and they hired a non minority... They interviewed Jerry Gray of Tenneesee.

Right, but they hired Dungy under the Rule, and then promoted from within when he retired, and obviously skipped it once by default, and then (had to) comply with Rooney to get a new guy...thus they used a "pass" for Caldwell. Does any NFL team (fan/player/owner) see any color except the team's own (orange and navy)? In this day and age?

For shit sake, the only skin that matters in the NFL came from a pig. Visit /RooneyRuleRetarded.whatever for further info on why it's stupid, demeaning, and wrong.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Right, but they hired Dungy under the Rule, and then promoted from within when he retired, and obviously skipped it once by default, and then (had to) comply with Rooney to get a new guy...thus they used a "pass" for Caldwell. Does any NFL team (fan/player/owner) see any color except the team's own (orange and navy)? In this day and age?

For shit sake, the only skin that matters in the NFL came from a pig. Visit /RooneyRuleRetarded.whatever for further info on why it's stupid, demeaning, and wrong.

If your agenda was pointing out the stupidity of the Rooney Rule.. welcome to the club of the Majority when hardly ANYONE disagrees with you when the topic it brought up.

The rule wont be rescinded anytime soon though because the owners would fear the media backlash that is brought about by it... It actually helps out the teams anyway because they supposedly do desire to do "practice" interviews where they don't intend on hiring the guy but want to prep before making a full hire. That was what many figure has happened with Dave Toub in Miami last year. Many other coaches supposedly have been interviewed in that way.

BTW... way to disregard the potential coaching jump of one Gil Byrd... How come he doesn't deserve a jump up eh? He actually is a candidate to get taken away as a whole secondary coach when you look at the work he has done with Wright and Conte. If Walters doesn't suck vs Detroit that would make the case as well.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
My guess a million plus, the way these threads keep coming.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If your agenda was pointing out the stupidity of the Rooney Rule.. welcome to the club of the Majority when hardly ANYONE disagrees with you when the topic it brought up.

The rule wont be rescinded anytime soon though because the owners would fear the media backlash that is brought about by it... It actually helps out the teams anyway because they supposedly do desire to do "practice" interviews where they don't intend on hiring the guy but want to prep before making a full hire. That was what many figure has happened with Dave Toub in Miami last year. Many other coaches supposedly have been interviewed in that way.

BTW... way to disregard the potential coaching jump of one Gil Byrd... How come he doesn't deserve a jump up eh? He actually is a candidate to get taken away as a whole secondary coach when you look at the work he has done with Wright and Conte. If Walters doesn't suck vs Detroit that would make the case as well.

Thanks for that,

I didn't know there was wide spread agreement that everyone considered Rooney faulty but just chose to "practice" it via meet and greets with available black guys anyway.

How fucked up is that? Or is it just me?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Thanks for that,

I didn't know there was wide spread agreement that everyone considered Rooney faulty but just chose to "practice" it via meet and greets with available black guys anyway.

How fucked up is that? Or is it just me?

Have you heard any media member ever defend the Rooney Rule in the last 5 years? I've heard many different national and local people joke about how pointless it is in this day and age and more degrading than anything else.

They don't just use THAT for practice... that's something teams do regardless of the rule. I'm pointing out reasons why it won't change. It is fucked up but it wont change anytime likely for the rules I explained.