If you’re Ryan Pace...

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Make sure I have Pat Fitzgerald's phone number on speed dial.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Run the clock down to nothing, gain exactly 3.333333999yds per carry AR never sees the field etc
Dont forget its gonna force the safeties up then yer speedy big fellas are gonna slip though and burn them on PA I'm telling ya the plan is lit af cause if they dont start putting 8 or 9 in the box ya just steamroll over them then when they get desperate boom the PA and yer big af full te spreads gonna be tough af on those 50 50 balls red zone forget it unstoppable

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
If I’m Pace, I need to realize that the following were bad decisions:

- Quinn signed for 70 million, when Floyd, who is entering his prime years...could’ve been signed for way less.

- DT signed to an immovable contract, when KPL, who is entering his prime years could’ve been signed for way less.

- Trading a 4th and then wasting money on Foles. When, that 4th could’ve just been used for a QB with a 4th rd rookie cap number.

Realize that the following were good decisions:

- Not picking up the 5th year on Mitch.

- Drafting Kmet, JJ, & Mooney.

- Signing Jimmy Graham

-

What Pace should do.

-Resign Carlos Santos.

- Trade Foles for anything.

- Resign Mitch to a 3 yr deal, going to have to up the guarantee money to get him to sign, even though the annual cap number should be a good value to the Bears.

- Draft some combination of OT, WR, & QB with the first 3 picks.

- Not resign Allen Robinson. Too much young WR’s coming out now. The WR position going to turn into how the RB position has...don’t sink your cap into that unless it’s Hopkins or T. Hill.

- Extend Fuller to lower cap number.

- Extend Hicks to lower cap number.

- Extend Roquan Smith.

- Resign Bars & Mustipher.

The team is not total crap and has pieces & a future. Contracts like Quinn & DT totally hurt, but can be managed as long as Pace doesn’t compound the problem by making similar decisions this offseason. If Pace trades up, he should immediately by fired...in fact he needs to trade down at least once. The Oline has looked much improved, Massie needs to be replaced by a draft pick, with Leno being replaced the following year.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And this team fails ta beat the pack tomorrow what do you do?

And on the other hand if they beat the pack what do you do then?
Prostitutes & Coke my friend, Prostitutes & Coke!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're Ryan Pace you don't know how to draft a QB
Not true with his first attempt he drafted the second best qb they have ever had maybe on his next swing he gets a guy who can surpass the goat jay cutty

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Say conviction a bunch of times

2. Over pay for injured or aging veteran players in free agency.

3. Ignore the OL

4. Extend an OLmen who immediately starts to suck.

5. Needlessly and expensively trade up in the draft.

6. Go 8-8 while watching my defense age out of relevance.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Say conviction a bunch of times

2. Over pay for injured or aging veteran players in free agency.

3. Ignore the OL

4. Extend an OLmen who immediately starts to suck.

5. Needlessly and expensively trade up in the draft.

6. Go 8-8 while watching my defense age out of relevance.
That doesnt sound very helpful at all no matter what happens

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:

Depends entirely on how Mitch plays.

If Mitch is great but the defense loses it for us, or Mitch is great and we win, I try to re-sign Mitch to a short term, 2 year deal, and guarantee he's our opening starter game 1, and I tell Nagy to scrap his offense for now, and develop what Lazor has for Mitch, as I want to see how far he can go with that type of offense. I also make whatever moves I need to re-sign Allen Robinson to a longer term deal. And extend Montgomery for a year if I can, also moving money to the future.

Now if Mitch is bad? Win or lose, if that happens, I let both Mitch and A-Rob walk. I draft 2 new tackles and pick up a QB in round 2 or 3 to be a developmental prospect. Foles is your starting QB, and I tell Nagy to sit the rook on the bench to learn.

Either way, I definitely cut Leno and Massie after the season is over to get a ton of cap space to open, I draft those 2 tackles including an LT in round 1. Try to restructure some deals, and I try to get a feel for Matt's willingness to relinquish play calling duties permanently, stressing his job depends on it. I also suggest he might try to do better than Pagano for DC, but that is his call.

Point here is I don't invest in a 1st round pick on a QB again until I am sure Matt isn't going to ruin him. Depending on what happens in 2021, I either fire Nagy at the end, or if he can stay away from the play calling, that is when I draft a QB in round one, unless the one I picked up in Rd 2 or 3 in the 2021 draft looks like he can be something.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:

What would I do if I was Ryan Pace? Pack my things and get ready to be fired Monday morning.

What will Pace actually do? If Chicago keeps him around (which they will even if they get blown out again versus GB), Pace and Nagy will probably start off by scapegoating a couple coaches, one being Pagano most-likely and maybe some assistant to the assistant coffee brewer. The post season press conference will be edgy and dark and Pace will say "Fired Up" at least 19 times while Nagy talks about loving his players and yadda, yadda, yadda. You know, typical loser speak from a couple of shitbirds who the fanbase wants canned.

After that they will shift their focus to free agency where they will have pretty much zero cap space to make any significant moves, which in turn will put re-signing Trubisky as priority #1 because this organization loves mediocrity.

From there they will probably have to release Akiem Hicks and his $12 million cap hit just to sign another underachieving defensive player while the O-line is ignored yet again.

Then the draft will hit and once again Pace won't draft a QB or any O-linemen until the 6th or 7th round while he drafts some height/weight/speed WR in round one followed by a TE in round two who wont see the field much until week 11 of the 2021 season.

Bear Down!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The answer is burn it down it was a good effort for over half a game they hung with the pack and then the wheels fell off

Flush all these turds and start over