If you don't want to hear anymore about the 2017 draft, move on.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is our Oline not completely dogshit? And how about our top notch offensive coaching/scheme? How would Watsons problems with the Texans all of of a sudden not matter if he played with the genius that is Nagy?
Yes, they're dogshit, so is the Bears offensive coaching staff.

I don't think it would matter as much because like i said earlier, you have a QB who puts the ball where it's supposed to go. How many times over the past couple years have we seen Bears QBs miss wide open receivers?

This team would still have it problems with Watson but you're lying to yourself if you don't think they'd be a playoff team if you put a franchise QB under center.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
An acl that he fully recovered from, won a title with and passed all physicals with is not going to take him off any board. Could drop him a bit but nobody considering a QB put a big red X on him.
no, many scouts brought up the skinny ankles as to a reason he may have more serious injuries.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no, many scouts brought up the skinny ankles as to a reason he may have more serious injuries.
Still wouldn't get removed from a board. Just dropped a bit.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Laugh all you want, but are QBs not graded on their ability to win games regardless of the talent or lack of talent around them?

No. They are graded on their ability to make plays.

Watson: career 103.2 rating

Trubisky: career 86.1 rating

They are not comparable in making plays, hitting passes, and reading defenses.

Your post ignores the 18 defense Watson would kill for that helped Mitch win and ignores the latest downward spiral of the team Mitch is incapable of elevating the team out of and ignores Watson's play that is lifting the Texans to recent wins.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. They are graded on their ability to make plays.

Watson: career 103.2 rating

Trubisky: career 86.1 rating

They are not comparable in making plays, hitting passes, and reading defenses.

Your post ignores the 18 defense Watson would kill for that helped Mitch win and ignores the latest downward spiral of the team Mitch is incapable of elevating the team out of and ignores Watson's play that is lifting the Texans to recent wins.

Ok so win loss records dont matter....pretty sure thats how teams make it to the playoffs and ultimately the superbowl. That is why the game is played, for super bowl wins, not fantasy points. And I never ignored it, I dont feel the need to bring it up, because truly franchise guys like Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahommes dont let poor defenses dictate their ability to win games. Yes it can cause a loss or two here ams there. but lets remember that Watson has a whole 4 wins this year and the combo of garbage we have has 5. And this defense we have this year is nothing like the 18 squad, so its nothing the Watson would be dying for. Ands lets not forget when Watson was winning he had the luxury of one of the greatest WRs in the game(something Mitch never got to enjoy) without him this year you can see how much its affected the win/loss totals for Watson.

You do realize Im noy saying Mitch is bettet than or even in the same league as Watson? My thought process is we should need and want to do better than what he is. Am I pissed we missed on Mahomes, of course....but am I mad we passed on Watson, not really since I dont think hes the straight up winner he was in college.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Ok so win loss records dont matter....pretty sure thats how teams make it to the playoffs and ultimately the superbowl.

Correct! But you do NOT judge a QB by W-L record as that is for the whole team. You judge a QB by making plays/ QB rating/ accuracy/ pre-snap reads and adjustments etc.

truly franchise guys like Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahommes dont let poor defenses dictate their ability to win games.

Those guys are more than "franchise" they are elite. Also, not relevant re: Watson and Mitch.

t lets remember that Watson has a whole 4 wins this year and the combo of garbage we have has 5.

Nope. The TEXANS have 4 wins and the BEARS have 5.

And this defense we have this year is nothing like the 18 squad, so its nothing the Watson would be dying for.

Correct! Which is why I said Watson would be dying for the 18 Bears defense and I said not one word about the 20 defense.

Post better soon please.

Thanks in advance.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I keep telling Windy City to stop talking about the 2026 draft

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correct! But you do NOT judge a QB by W-L record as that is for the whole team. You judge a QB by making plays/ QB rating/ accuracy/ pre-snap reads and adjustments etc.

Those guys are more than "franchise" they are elite. Also, not relevant re: Watson and Mitch.

Nope. The TEXANS have 4 wins and the BEARS have 5.

Correct! Which is why I said Watson would be dying for the 18 Bears defense and I said not one word about the 20 defense.

Post better soon please.

Thanks in advance.

You must be geniunely stupid if you think QBs arent graded on win/loss records....do you think anyone gives a shit about the one season where Brady threw for 50 plus TDs, no they always talk about how HE has 6 superbowl wins. Look I understand you want a QB who throws for a million yards and a thousand TDs, but me personally Id love a QB who can find ways to win regardless of the talent. Some guys just find a way to win, and dont need to put up super hero numbers to always do it. And dont you think Mitch or Foles would have been DYING for a WR like Hopkins?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
You must be geniunely stupid if you think QBs arent graded on win/loss records....do you think anyone gives a shit about the one season where Brady threw for 50 plus TDs, no they always talk about how HE has 6 superbowl wins. Look I understand you want a QB who throws for a million yards and a thousand TDs, but me personally Id love a QB who can find ways to win regardless of the talent. Some guys just find a way to win, and dont need to put up super hero numbers to always do it. And dont you think Mitch or Foles would have been DYING for a WR like Hopkins?

Whats stupid is arguing that if Mitch and Watson were both cut today that in your world the rest of the league would consider them to be equal qbs because of their w/l records .

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Ok so win loss records dont matter....pretty sure thats how teams make it to the playoffs and ultimately the superbowl. That is why the game is played, for super bowl wins, not fantasy points. And I never ignored it, I dont feel the need to bring it up, because truly franchise guys like Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahommes dont let poor defenses dictate their ability to win games. Yes it can cause a loss or two here ams there. but lets remember that Watson has a whole 4 wins this year and the combo of garbage we have has 5. And this defense we have this year is nothing like the 18 squad, so its nothing the Watson would be dying for. Ands lets not forget when Watson was winning he had the luxury of one of the greatest WRs in the game(something Mitch never got to enjoy) without him this year you can see how much its affected the win/loss totals for Watson.

You do realize Im noy saying Mitch is bettet than or even in the same league as Watson? My thought process is we should need and want to do better than what he is. Am I pissed we missed on Mahomes, of course....but am I mad we passed on Watson, not really since I dont think hes the straight up winner he was in college.

Thats exactly what you are saying

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While I completely agree with you that Watson was clearly the better college QB, both QBs have damn near an identical win/loss NFL record. Watson is 28-21 in gs and Trubisky is 26-20. Both teams sharing an equal amount of talent/lack of talent on both sides of the ball, and obviously both players having the downside of shitty coaches. I dont know that we would be any better off with Watson over Trubisky at this stage in the game.
? Except it has shown Watson is capable of putting his team on his back and carrying them to victories in a strong division.

Mitch road the coattails of our defense and when the time came to step up he delivered...........the ball to the other team and lost the game

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson was the most NFL ready. He should have been the pick.

I think the problem with GMs and HCs more often than not, is that they don't realize that they're not fucking good. They have these heightened fucking egos, and zero sense of self-awareness. So they think, yeah, we can pick this Trubisky kid and turn him into the next fucking Joe Montana.

Pace's ass is far worse IMO . He is like a spoiled teen given a credit card with no limit. All of his trades have come to hurt us nore than help. Hell he pretty much helped build the 49ers and Raiders. His terrible sense of cap management is akin to a novice madden player gifting players like Glennon contracts not equal to their play and his coaching selection sucked. If it wasnt for his later round picks he would be a younger version of Emery

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Making excuses for what? I dont remember endorsing Mitch at all, in fact Ive agreed that from a performance standpoint everyone is right that Watson has put up much better yards and TDs. But that hasnt translated into a better win/loss record. Great QBs find a way to win regardless, can you agree with that? My whole point has been while Watson is putting up some good numbers, I do not think he is that level of QB that we as fans should be hoping for in the future.

You entire argument is a endorsement of Mitch LOL

When you claim that if Watson was on the bears nothing would be different you in fact endorsing Mitch as doing everything possible that a qb could do to win games and because of that there is nothing another qb could do to change that .

Great qbs find a way to win but they are not doing it by themselves 'it takes 2 sides to win a game

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson was always considered the most ready to start but very few prognosticators thought he should have been the 1st QB taken. I said the same. Were now 4 years in and he's obviously significantly better than Mitch. You can bring up lots of reasons but it all boils down to one. Watson has great awareness on the field and Mitch has none.' As for the W/L and SB argument, I have 3 words. Dilfer, Grossman, and Flacco. Anybody want one of them starting here? Didn't Foles win a SB?

QB needs to be a field general and intuitive along with the chops to be the best he can be. Obviously wins help a rep but guys like Archie Manning, Warren Moon and Boomer all had career losing records. I'd take any one of them in their prime.

Last edited: