If you have to go defense, Why CB and S?

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
If Poles wants defense first and feels he can put off helping fields for a year, so be it.

But CB and S doesnt seem to be a great way to start.

The Bears were 28th in hurry percentage, 25th in QB hits.
They are arguabley worse and certainly no better in the front 7.

I have a hard time seeing the logic of going CB and S when teams can pick you apart over the middle.

If we were dealing with a bears team that can score from anywhere, anytime on offense like any of the teams in the AFC playoffs, I could dig the picks. It would take advantage of teams forced to throw.

But as it stands, Teams have been grinding the clock, playing safe, and taking shots only when they are open.

I was open to a defense heavy draft... not my first choice, but whatever.
But building a hideous defense back to front just seems ridiculous.

Bears new scheme is 4-3 cover 2 no? Secondary is real important in that scheme. This defense is going to surprise us all this coming season. Defense is looking solid.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to believe the Bear's scouts saw something in that third pick more than just speed and age. I know Poles talked about team speed being priority #1.

Time will tell. Duh.
yes he did, didn't think the punt return team was his priority, Jones is a below average receiver with lots of work needed

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a Fields pick. It's been reported Poles and Fields watched WR film and made a list. If he sucks, we have Fields to blame.
if Poles drafts according to the wims of his players, he's not worth his salt as a GM

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
To think it's BPA without consideration given to the positional value is laughable. Our board says those players have more value than other boards because we value defense. Nobody is so unbiased they overlook the position.

The defensive HC wanted CB/S. I'm OK with that because pass rush every year wasn't doing anything. It was easily negated with a hold that wasn't flagged. Let's try some imaginary PI calls that will get flagged.