If you knew Jalen Carter was the next Aaron Donald...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alternate title:

Do you know who Aaron Donald is?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Most posters have already said some variation of this, but in the hypothetical where you know Carter becomes Aaron Donald - no way in hell I take that trade. IND is putting up decent value to move up to #3, but in this hypothetical you arent "selling" the #3 pick you are selling Aaron Donald in his rookie year and the cost for that is multitudes higher than what is being offered in OP.

And of course it is , 7 time 1st team all pro, 3 time DPOY in his first 8 seasons - guy has been a HOF level player basically since the word go at the 2nd most important position in football.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You could easily make a case that Donald is the most impactful defensive player this century.

None of the elite corners were elite for as long in my memory. Troy Polumalu? Ed Reed? I would take Donald.

That leaves only EDGE players. JJ Watt is really the only one that I think you could make a case for. Julius Peppers, Von Miller, maybe Terrrell Suggs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd take that trade on the surface without knowledge of how good anyone in this draft will be. If I knew for a fact that Jalen Carter was going to be a generational HOF level DT, I'd take him without hesitation.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd take that trade on the surface without knowledge of how good anyone in this draft will be. If I knew for a fact that Jalen Carter was going to be a generational HOF level DT, I'd take him without hesitation.
Yep

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Carter is nowhere near Donald. That said, if you knew for a fact he was Donald, then no way you take that deal.

Based on what we know currently, I would make that trade if I were the Bears.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carter is nowhere near Donald. That said, if you knew for a fact he was Donald, then no way you take that deal.

I really don't think that the Bear's can lose either way. As long as they get good starters at weak positions across the board, it is okay with me.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Donald was the 11th pick of the draft due to mainly his size. His motor is elite. We don’t know if Carter has that kind of motor.

I’m still upset that Emery didn’t give up a 4th or 5th to move up in front of the Rams to get Donald. Thought another Tommie Harris would fall in the Bears lap again. Dumbass.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If you could come up with a Carter highlight tape like Aaron Donald's college tape (quality plays and 11:30 minutes), you draft Carter.

You can’t though because Donald was like 5x more productive in college

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Donald was the 11th pick of the draft due to mainly his size. His motor is elite. We don’t know if Carter has that kind of motor.

I’m still upset that Emery didn’t give up a 4th or 5th to move up in front of the Rams to get Donald. Thought another Tommie Harris would fall in the Bears lap again. Dumbass.
Donald was actually drafted 13th

I’ve heard some critiques on Carters motor and stamina overall. Not sure how valid those are

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I agree with you. That was kind of my point.
Never have I seen so much generational / best player in the draft hype for someone with 6 career sacks and 18.5 TFL for their career. He’s being projected as a dominant 3T but it seems like the projection is based on pure projection and not production

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never have I seen so much generational / best player in the draft hype for someone with 6 career sacks and 18.5 TFL for their career. He’s being projected as a dominant 3T but it seems like the projection is based on pure projection and not production
I'm not suggesting that he is similar to the guy, but I remember the Tony Mandrich saga.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The funny thing is the Aaron Donald 11 minute, 30 second video I showed was just one season highlights, not career highlights.

Carter seems to be more of a dream of finding the next Aaron Donald than anything else.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

College Donald is nowhere near NFL Donald. If he was he would not have been the 13th pick.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You draft him. Then during his 3rd offseason going into the final year of his rookie deal, you piss him off really good. He then holds out and you trade him for two 1sts, two 2nds, and Taylor Heinecke.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Carter is 6'3 300lbs, Donald is 6'1 284.....can carter keep up over the full course of a season with the extra weight?