If Zach Wilson is out of range, should the pick be OT or QB?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Lawrence and Fields will go top 3 I believe. Trey Lance and Wilson will be the next 2 QBs off the board and I've seen different mocks where sometimes Wilson comes off first, and others where Lance comes off first. If the Bears win a few more games and choose not to trade away draft picks to get Wilson, who I think will be special, do you draft the best available OT or do you pick Trask or Mac Jones (either standing pat or via a trade-down)?

I'm torn. I think Arthur Smith would be a great coaching hire, as he comes from the Shannahan tree and would likely install play-action predicated off a strong run game. Whatever happens, I am sick of drafting finesse OL men who are "great athletes." This team needs maulers who like to hit people. Keep the scheme simple, and ask them to move the person in front of them.

Option 1: pick Trask (he will get picked in the 1st), Liam Eichenberg in the 2nd, who I think will be a solid RT in the league, Trey Hill, C out of UGA who is 6'4" 330 lbs and can come in at C with Daniels and Whitehair flanking him at the G spots.

Option 2: Christian Darrisaw in the 1st-solid LT prospect; Mac Jones in teh 2nd; Trey Hill in the 3rd.

Would you trade picks for Wilson if that was needed? Do you attack T or QB in the 1st if your QB1 isn't available and who are your players?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Still have a lot of football to play before anyone other that Trevor Lawrence can be projected into the draft. However, I always have felt that if you identify "you're guy," then you do what it takes to go get him. You have to have the guts to do it. It burned us when Pace traded up a pick to get Mitch, but had he panned out, nobody would give it a second thought, and history would validate the move.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
OT. They still should draft a developmental guy in round 2 or 3, and then tank hard in 2021 for the quarterback the following year.

Personally, I'm all for trading Mack and guys like Fuller, Jackson, or Hicks to use some extra picks to possible move up to target a Zach Wilson if they are within range, but, if not, then option 2 of rebuilding that OL and taking a developmental guy is what I'd do.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Draft OT, then take trask in round 2.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Love how we see black and white photos of our organization best qb.....yet meatballs want to draft oline.

If there is a top tier qb; that should always be the selection until this team finds the right one

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to watch tape on Wilson...

If Wilson makes it to 15...sure. I think we can forget about Trey Lance. He's getting picked before us.

I see Trask is moving into the late 1st. If the other 4 go ahead of our pick - go oline.

If the Bears want to royally fuck up again, panic and take Trask, and just mark the franchise as being absolute dog shit for another 5 years

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have to watch tape on Wilson...

If Wilson makes it to 15...sure. I think we can forget about Trey Lance. He's getting picked before us.

I see Trask is moving into the late 1st. If the other 4 go ahead of our pick - go oline.

If the Bears want to royally fuck up again, panic and take Trask, and just mark the franchise as being absolute dog shit for another 5 years

Wilson will be gone before Lance.

He's going top 10 unless he plays like shit the rest of the season.

His tape is like aaron rodgers with mobility.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Would love to have Wilson

Fav after Lawrence

Need to be around 10ish to have any chance at him to select or trade up for

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The way the Bears are going, they will be picking in top 10.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm trading up for Wilson. If we can't trade up, I take the olineman in the first and QB in the 2nd.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’d do what it takes to get Wilson. I know so many have fatigue over watching Pace trade draft picks like candy, but hopefully he and Nagy will be gone. The new GM and coach should get a shot at their QB-whomever that may be. Bears last franchise QB was Sid Luckman. They should be drafting QB every draft until they finally get the position right.

I also agree that no one should be safe from being traded in order to acquire more picks, with the exception of maybe Hicks. Always busts his ass and would have been out there if he could. I would like him to retire a Bear. He’s earned it.