If Zach Wilson is out of range, should the pick be OT or QB?

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Wilson will be gone before Lance.

He's going top 10 unless he plays like shit the rest of the season.

His tape is like aaron rodgers with mobility.
Lol? As if Aaron Rodgers isnt mobile? He is mobile now, let alone when he was younger.

Just who have you been watching play your team twice a year for a decade lol.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lol? As if Aaron Rodgers isnt mobile? He is mobile now, let alone when he was younger.

msadows is talking about calling run plays for the QB like Lamar Jackson. We all know Rodgers is mobile, but he isn't RB mobile. Plus Rodgers does more damage behind LOS with his awareness and mobility.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Sorry, baby, didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. He's a better athlete than rodgers.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Sorry, baby, didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. He's a better athlete than rodgers.

You said his tape is "like Aaron Rodgers with mobility". That implies more then Zack Wilson being more mobile than Rodgers, it implies Rodgers lacks mobility.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
If the Bears will just lose out, they will pick as high as 6 low as 8. And there will be at least 3 or 4 teams in front of them with legit QB prospects on rookie deals. Great shot at Wilson if they will just tank - absolutely nothing to gain by winning.

Well, to be fair, you are only a game behind the 7th seed.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He reminds me of Rodgers also. Said that months ago when I first saw him play. The similarities jump out. Now that obviously does not mean he will be anywhere near the player Rodgers is (few are), but his style is similar.

Would have no problem trading up to get him.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Zach Wilson throws the most effortless ball out of any of these other 4 quarterbacks. Everything he does is so fluid, it really does remind you of Rodgers. I think he may end up being the best quarterback out of this class. I would kill to have him on the Bears, but as we get closer and closer to the draft, I think he's going to be no worse than the 3rd QB taken, and could even be #2, which means the Bears will have no shot at him.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Hard to say how the draft will unfold after the top two QBs go off the board early. I'm mostly seeing mocks currently with Lance going before Wilson.

I have to imagine Wilson jumps Lance based on him actually playing football now and being able to put out more film.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Zach Wilson throws the most effortless ball out of any of these other 4 quarterbacks. Everything he does is so fluid, it really does remind you of Rodgers. I think he may end up being the best quarterback out of this class. I would kill to have him on the Bears, but as we get closer and closer to the draft, I think he's going to be no worse than the 3rd QB taken, and could even be #2, which means the Bears will have no shot at him.
Never know. A lot can change regarding the draft order. But consider as it stands now the teams who may be the top of the draft who will probably not draft a QB-Bengals, Cowboys, Chargers, Panthers, Eagles, Falcs, Lions and Dolphins.

Teams that probably will-Jets, Jags, and maybe Washington and/or Denver.

If the Bears lose out, they will be in range. If they win another game or two, trade up may not cost too much depending how the board shakes out.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hard to say how the draft will unfold after the top two QBs go off the board early. I'm mostly seeing mocks currently with Lance going before Wilson.

I have to imagine Wilson jumps Lance based on him actually playing football now and being able to put out more film.

I don't think more film necessarily makes that much of a difference. For Lance to opt out means he knows the NFL likes him. And the NFL likes him based off the 16-game film he put out there last year. Wilson has the tape this year, but the tape last year was late round level at best. And while he has a Burrow like rise, Wilson's not putting up the same astronomical numbers and obviously not doing it against the same level of competition.

I honestly think it will come down to preference. Who goes first between Lance and Wilson will come down to the head coach and what type of offense he wants to run.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I don't think more film necessarily makes that much of a difference. For Lance to opt out means he knows the NFL likes him. And the NFL likes him based off the 16-game film he put out there last year. Wilson has the tape this year, but the tape last year was late round level at best. And while he has a Burrow like rise, Wilson's not putting up the same astronomical numbers and obviously not doing it against the same level of competition.

I honestly think it will come down to preference. Who goes first between Lance and Wilson will come down to the head coach and what type of offense he wants to run.
Agreed. Different style of QB play. But to be fair, Lance wasn’t exactly facing top-flight competition either. And Burrow had so many NFL-ready weapons around him it was ridiculous. But it does come down to style. I see Lance as an incredible athlete learning how to play QB. I see Wilson who right now is a good athlete who looks very polished regarding the mechanics of QB play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect Pace to re-sign Mitch for 2 years with a 1 year out, claim that he's still the guy and then draft QB, fooling no one as usual.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I expect Pace to re-sign Mitch for 2 years with a 1 year out, claim that he's still the guy and then draft QB, fooling no one as usual.

Honestly would not mind re-signing mitch if we hadn't given dumb money to foles.

You need someone to play in front of that rookie and take the hits that first year. I'd rather it be mitch than foles.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No way will Mitch re-sign with the Bears. But I agree-I’d rather him backing up Wilson than Foles.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Never know. A lot can change regarding the draft order. But consider as it stands now the teams who may be the top of the draft who will probably not draft a QB-Bengals, Cowboys, Chargers, Panthers, Eagles, Falcs, Lions and Dolphins.

Teams that probably will-Jets, Jags, and maybe Washington and/or Denver.

If the Bears lose out, they will be in range. If they win another game or two, trade up may not cost too much depending how the board shakes out.

I think you're underestimating how many teams will be in the qb market draft time (esp if there are 4 top 12ish qbs)

Jets
Jags
Wash

Can easily see atl-det-min-philly-dal + taking qb early and sitting for a year then moving on from their current starter

greg23

Liked Posts:
No way will Mitch re-sign with the Bears. But I agree-I’d rather him backing up Wilson than Foles.

Rather have mitch over foles as well but don't think he has any interest coming back

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
1. Jets
2. Jaguars
3. Bengals - wont take a QB
4. Chargers - wont take a QB
5. Cowboys
6. Eagles

Every other team has atleast 4 wins. If the Bears lose out, it means they lost to the Texans and Lions who have 4 wins and that would give them 5 at a minimum. It would also give the Vikings 6. We also need the Broncos, Falcons and Panthers to win atleast 1 more. I think they do.

The NFC East all still has to play each other. Hopefully the only team that ends up with a worse record than a 5-11 Bears would be the Cowboys. They are the least likely team to take a QB of all the East teams.

Basically, it is possible for the Bears at 5-11 to be top 5 still and be in position for the 3rd best QB in the draft.