IGT: Central Division Seminfinals Game 1 - Predators @ Blackhawks 4/13 at 7 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

@

kanewoo.gif

Puckdrop - Approximately 7:10 p.m.
TV - NBC Sports Network elsewhere, CSN Chicago in the area
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - NBCSports.com

We've seen this movie quite a few times now, with the Hawks and Predators matching up in the opening round of the playoffs. The 2010 version gave us a Game 5 that still ranks up there with the most dramatic moments in this whole Hawks' era, while the 2015 version introduced much of the rest of the NHL world to Scott Darling. The common thread here is that 2 of the 3 Hawks Cup runs have started with a series against their divisional rivals, and the 2017 season has a chance to add to the narrative. Nashville still boasts a fairly deep D group, but it's at forward where more depth would be desired. Should the Hawks be able to contain that Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson line, it's hard to see where the Preds get enough scoring to win 4 against the Hawks. Start it off with a victory at 1901 W. Madison tonight.

Your projected forward combos:

Schmalt-Nick.png
ToewsJonathan.png
Panik-Richard_1.png

Panarin-Artemi.png
Anisimov-Artem.png
KanePatrick.png

Hartman-Ryan.png
KrugerMarcus_3.png
HossaMarian.png

Hayden-John.png
Kero-Tanner.png
Tootoo-Jordin_2.png

joey-junior.gif

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Kero would be playing on the 3rd line.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought Kero would be playing on the 3rd line.

Me too, also surprised Tootoo is playing.... woulda thought Desi

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Desji is kinda hurt I heard.

I don't try why Kero is what some see for the 3rd line, Hartman Kruger Hossa has 7 goals for and 1 against as a line

And the meh play of Desjardins even on his better nights this year isn't a desired shutdown playing role besides Kruger and a Hayden or moose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I don't try why Kero is what some see for the 3rd line, Hartman Kruger Hossa has 7 goals for and 1 against as a line

And the meh play of Desjardins even on his better nights this year isn't a desired shutdown playing role besides Kruger and a Hayden or moose

Clyde beat me to it. Desi hasn't really been that great this season. And I'm quite excited to see what Hayden does in the playoffs. Had some pretty good flashes during his month or so with the team.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clyde beat me to it. Desi hasn't really been that great this season. And I'm quite excited to see what Hayden does in the playoffs. Had some pretty good flashes during his month or so with the team.

Me too. I love that he's been hitting everything in sight. We could really use that against Nashville. Or the Blews, Ducks...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Rassmussen then.... I mean Tootoo can scrap around in the occasional game, but seems odd to stick him on a line with Kero/Hayden... Hayden and Kero kinda make it a semi-scoring line.... Tootoo is a checking line guy...

Tootoo doesn't help on PK or PP.... Desi or Rassmussen at least play PK.

Maybe it will work out really well, just seems odd to me.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I guess cause tootoos best games were vs Ashville and Q does often throw a goon in.

I wouldn't say Hayden and kero are a scoring or anything line until something can be seen. Maybe if Hino was added to it yeah

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I guess cause tootoos best games were vs Ashville and Q does often throw a goon in.

I wouldn't say Hayden and kero are a scoring or anything line until something can be seen. Maybe if Hino was added to it yeah

Ya know what could be a lot of fun? Hayden on one wing and Hino on the other. That's a forechecking nightmare with Hayden's size and Hino's speed.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Let's fucking do it! Clean sweep these guys!

Would be nice but I think the Hawks win in 6.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Have to believe that Tootoo has earned his way into this lineup with his play over the last month or so. He plays a very simple straight forward game, is hard on the forecheck, and isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to make a play. He has earned it and I think he should be playing over guys like Hino/Ras/Desi right now. He will be on a short leash but as long as he keeps it simple, he can (and will) be an asset to this team in the limited time that he gets.

Not many people would have expected this...almost makes me want to go and pull up the Tootoo signing thread to see what everyone had to say about him.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Also with Tootoo in plenty of situations it gets you an extra shifts of Kane with Kero for some extra looks

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have to believe that Tootoo has earned his way into this lineup with his play over the last month or so. He plays a very simple straight forward game, is hard on the forecheck, and isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to make a play. He has earned it and I think he should be playing over guys like Hino/Ras/Desi right now. He will be on a short leash but as long as he keeps it simple, he can (and will) be an asset to this team in the limited time that he gets.

Not many people would have expected this...almost makes me want to go and pull up the Tootoo signing thread to see what everyone had to say about him.

He's also a former Pred.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today, I've started my playoff toenails. I will not cut them until the Hawks are finished. I have a good head start already.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A 2 Bigfoot 4th line going to rekt shit tonight. LETS GO BOYS