I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We should draft him so he can be the defensive Fields.

Half of CCS…. He’s going to the HOF!

Other half…. Fucking Bum!
Worth the pick for the CCS cunting back and forth alone!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
that was 1 play. He has not been double or triple teamed all game, he's the only player i've looked it. He hasn't even generated pressure. Generally his back ups have looked better, or the guy playing across from him.

On one play there was a stunt and he loafed and didn't hold the edge or generate pressure and duggan ran for an easy 3-5 and a first down. I thought before the playoffs he was my top choice but the last 2 games he hasn't looked like a top 10 pick.
I never said they do it EVERY play. I merely pointed out that TCU clearly thinks very highly of Carter to decide to triple team him even if it’s rarely. How many D linemen you think get triple teamed even once in a game??

Go watch what happens when you try to play him 1 on 1 like Tennessee tried to do

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Carter had no impact last game and it was reported he was out of shape so was getting on the treadmill every day last week. What type of player is out of shape at this point in the season, with the playoffs and national championship on the line??? Don't most players lose a fair bit of weight during the season and get into game shape?

He's been a non factor tonight.
Think he was hurt for a while.

Also, he probably IS out of shape compared to the NFL because Georgia rotates a lot. They don’t play a ton of snaps. I’d expect a bit of a ramp up period with him.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm being honest 97 is really having the impact I expected from 88. But Georgia is so superior it's hard to tell.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Think he was hurt for a while.

Also, he probably IS out of shape compared to the NFL because Georgia rotates a lot. They don’t play a ton of snaps. I’d expect a bit of a ramp up period with him.
Only justifiable explanation for his drop off is he is injured, which is a rumor I have seen. If he isn't injured then there is no excuse for his play. He has been a non factor.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I quit watching after the 1st quarter. How the fuck is it possible for Johnston to still only have 1 catch in this big of a blowout? Is Georgia even still trying on defense at this point? Surely you'd be able to collect some garbage time stats, or is their quarterback that awful?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lmao it's 65-7. :ROFLMAO:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
65 - 7 Georgia has backups in only doing handoffs yet they are accusing them of running up the score. SMH.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Quentin Johnson lovers are going to be awfully quiet after this one, I imagine.

1 catch for 3 yards thru 3 quarters

He must be like undraftable if we are taking the Jalen Carter hate the same way. But somehow I imagine CCS wont be that consistent lol

i woulda thunk Johnston would have padded some catches in garbo time but Georgia didn't let up. 1 catch for 3 yards. WOW! Maybe the Bears can get him with their 2nd pick in the 1st round!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Carter...anderson.....meh, this team isn't an impact defender away....they flicking need offensive help, OL-WR-TE amd multiple of OL WR.....trade down to get multiple/lower 1's where those players profile
Nobody - literally NOBODY - thinks the team is one player away no matter the position. And NOBODY is suggesting the Bears add just one player. The expectation is they do exactly the opposite, and acquire additional picks.

Why would you base a decision on which player is best on something as nonsensical as "they're not just this one player away"? Especially when it applies to every single position.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Nobody - literally NOBODY - thinks the team is one player away no matter the position. And NOBODY is suggesting the Bears add just one player. The expectation is they do exactly the opposite, and acquire additional picks.

Why would you base a decision on which player is best on something as nonsensical as "they're not just this one player away"? Especially when it applies to every single position.
Anderson/Carter....neither look to be generational (of course the bears get the #1 in what looks to be a weakish top of draft/middling qb....but hype/desperation will help us there)

More to the point...this org needs to stop falling in love with defense and start acquiring offensive players early in the draft....ideally adding OL + WR very early this year

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Carter...anderson.....meh, this team isn't an impact defender away....they flicking need offensive help, OL-WR-TE amd multiple of OL WR.....trade down to get multiple/lower 1's where those players profile

They need most everything. The need on defense is just as great. What they really need are difference makers.... wherever they can be found. Right now Justin's legs are the only thing an opposing team would be scared of.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anderson/Carter....neither look to be generational (of course the bears get the #1 in what looks to be a weakish top of draft/middling qb....but hype/desperation will help us there)

More to the point...this org needs to stop falling in love with defense and start acquiring offensive players early in the draft....ideally adding OL + WR very early this year
They're not drafting one of those two defenders at #1. Relax.

They do need OL and WR. And nobody is worth it in Top 10. Trade down is the way to go. There are two - and likely three - QBs that will go high. Young, Stroud and even Levis are better than anything in last year's draft. They're not "middling" QB prospects. There will be suitors.

greg23

Liked Posts:

They do need OL and WR. And nobody is worth it in Top 10. Trade down is the way to go. There are two - and likely three - QBs that will go high. Young, Stroud and even Levis are better than anything in last year's draft. They're not "middling" QB prospects. There will be suitors.
By middling I mean there isn't a John Elway/Payton Manning/Luck/Burrow etc easy #1 generational draft worthy qb.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Greg really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Don’t mind him. I think he’s still trying to figure out which cities are actually in China.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They need most everything. The need on defense is just as great. What they really need are difference makers.... wherever they can be found. Right now Justin's legs are the only thing an opposing team would be scared of.
The defense sucks.....and they do need difference makers everywhere.....but they might actually finally have one at the QB spot....the last thing this org should do is draft defense over offense....time to start finding studs on the OL and difference/play makers at WR not a bunch of slow stiffs