IGT: Cleveland @ Cubs

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Baez replaced after he lost track of the outs in the bottom of the 4th.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs really need Hoerner and Duffy back.

I'll blame David on batting Baez #3. Worst decision ever.

Bryant has no protection with Baez. Pitcher just needs to toss sliders into the dirt. Javy will swing at them.

But with this current squad:

Alacantra 2B
Bryant CF
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Pederson LF
Wisdom 3B
Heyward RF
Baez SS.

If they are going to suck then play the strongest D and stuff them down the line up.

David needs to look at OBA and understand Joc is not a lead off. And Javy makes too many outs for his occasional pitch mistake bomb.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bryant hitting .127 in the month of June with 1 homerun. He’s going to have to adjust to the adjustment(s) pitchers have made on him after the first month or two of the season

CSF77

Liked Posts:
From
Bryant hitting .127 in the month of June with 1 homerun. He’s going to have to adjust to the adjustment(s) pitchers have made on him after the first month or two of the season
Bleacher nation.

There’s a whole lot in there, but pitchers have been nibbling Bryant more and more, and he initially has responded by expanding his zone. Ever an adjuster, I would expect an uptick in walks coming Bryant’s way.

He got two today. So pitchers have been keeping out of the strike zone and he expanded. Now he is contracting the zone as an adjustment. Pitchers will end up walking him or going into his hit zone.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well chalk it up to Wisdom 0-4 4 strike outs. Seems the league has figured him out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
10-day IL
LHP Justin Steele (right hamstring strain)
Expected return: June
Steele felt good on June 21, following a workout on the game mound at Wrigley Field the previous day. Manager David Ross said the "data turned out really good" as well. Ross said the lefty would likely throw another bullpen session before heading out on a Minor League rehab assignment "soon." (Last updated: June 21)

2B Nico Hoerner (left hamstring strain)
Expected return: Late June
Hoerner went through a "full day" of baseball activities on June 18-19, per manager David Ross, and continued to add running/agility work on June 20. The middle infielder took ground balls and went through on-field batting practice -- steps he has done multiple days in a row without issue. Hoerner is still building up to full game speed, and Ross said on June 20 that the infielder could be cleared for a Minor League rehab assignment in "seven to 10 days." Hoerner landed on the 10-day IL on May 26 with the hamstring strain, which was sustained while running to first on a groundout the previous day. (Last updated: June 20)

3B Matt Duffy (lower back strain)
Expected return: Late June/early July
According to manager David Ross, "everything was good" with Duffy's meeting with a team doctor on June 18. Duffy had recently built up to fielding, running and normal batting practice, but the manager said the utility man may have pushed things too hard. The current plan is to have Duffy slow things down before ramping up through a progression again, with the goal of heading out on a Minor League rehab assignment before rejoining the Cubs. He landed on the IL on May 25. (Last updated: June 19)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is almost tempting to have Steel expand into a starter. It will prove more useful than a 5th lefty pen arm. Weick struck out the side. I really don't see a need for another pen arm.

Getting Nico back should be the priority. David needs to get him leading off.

Regardless with the current tanking Jed should let it play out. By the ASG get Steel stretched out and if they are in a nose dive then shop Davies and push Steel into the rotation.

This is not a flip flop. This is just common sense. Plan for a possibility and strike when the time is right if they bounce back cool. Got another starter ready for action.

Game 2 should go the Cubs way. Cle is tossing a
Kid out there. Hendricks would have to have crap going to lose this.

Rest of the stretch.... Well just hope that Nico gets back and David punishes Baez by dropping out of the 3.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It is almost tempting to have Steel expand into a starter. It will prove more useful than a 5th lefty pen arm. Weick struck out the side. I really don't see a need for another pen arm.

Getting Nico back should be the priority. David needs to get him leading off.

Regardless with the current tanking Jed should let it play out. By the ASG get Steel stretched out and if they are in a nose dive then shop Davies and push Steel into the rotation.

This is not a flip flop. This is just common sense. Plan for a possibility and strike when the time is right if they bounce back cool. Got another starter ready for action.

Game 2 should go the Cubs way. Cle is tossing a
Kid out there. Hendricks would have to have crap going to lose this.

Rest of the stretch.... Well just hope that Nico gets back and David punishes Baez by dropping out of the 3.
I dont see that as flip flopping at all. Opinions can change on selling as the team changes how they play. My issue in the past was more on how you were changing opinion on if he was effective from start to start occasionally.

Also the cubs can easily lose tomorrow. Not really a Hendricks issue, more about this lineup can make any pitcher look good

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I dont see that as flip flopping at all. Opinions can change on selling as the team changes how they play. My issue in the past was more on how you were changing opinion on if he was effective from start to start occasionally.

Also the cubs can easily lose tomorrow. Not really a Hendricks issue, more about this lineup can make any pitcher look good

Well that kid has a 12 ERA rolling. I'm pretty sure that it is growing pains and the kid is high rated. If he was a filler than he would be in the minors and the next arm up.

That said. Kyle is on a roll right now. When he locks in he stays locked in.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Regarding the deadline. This month was going to be a ball buster. They need to keep at 14-14 IMO for Jed to keep it floating.

That said, pushing Steel into starting is the right decision. Having a lefty that throws mid 90's starting is a desired asset. Of the short term starters Davies holds trade value. It is the only reasonable trade to make with the starters.

As far as others. If they are nose diving then Duffy at 3B. Wisdom at 1B. I doubt teams will want Baez as is. Too much swing and miss going on. It would take a major loss for any team to give up anything of quality.

Regardless I don't see Jed selling yet. ASG we will know if they are buyers or sellers. Right now is when Jed should be preparing for the seller side.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Cubs really need Hoerner and Duffy back.

I'll blame David on batting Baez #3. Worst decision ever.

Bryant has no protection with Baez. Pitcher just needs to toss sliders into the dirt. Javy will swing at them.

But with this current squad:

Alacantra 2B
Bryant CF
Rizzo 1B
Contreras C
Pederson LF
Wisdom 3B
Heyward RF
Baez SS.

If they are going to suck then play the strongest D and stuff them down the line up.

David needs to look at OBA and understand Joc is not a lead off. And Javy makes too many outs for his occasional pitch mistake bomb.

You misspelled Alfonso Soriano.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I thought we were supposed to hit this kid tonight?! So far 5 innings 3 hits no walks 9 strikeouts and just a KB solo homerun. The lineup is making him look like max scherzer out there. Thankfully hendricks has thrown shutout ball so far

edit - right on cue, cubs get a couple more off of him in the 6th and he leaves the game having given up 3

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought we were supposed to hit this kid tonight?! So far 5 innings 3 hits no walks 9 strikeouts and just a KB solo homerun. The lineup is making him look like max scherzer out there. Thankfully hendricks has thrown shutout ball so far

edit - right on cue, cubs get a couple more off of him in the 6th and he leaves the game having given up 3
are you not entertained?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is not about who is pitching. It is about who the line up wakes up for.

Hendricks' starts are avg 5.6 runs per game. His highest by a chunk.
Davies 4.7 per game started.
Arrieta 3.0 All time low for him. They are snoozing on him.
Williams 5.6 per game. Makes sense as he was 3-2 with a fat 5.36 ERA
Alozay 3.5 per game.
Mills 2.4 per game in 3 games.

Just saying. This team wakes up when Kyle is on the rubber. Jake they snooze. Alozay seems to line up against staff aces. Tough luck of the draw. Davies gets some love but he was a SS so he knows how to hit. Williams was hitting .308.

It is weird how it happens but some pitchers just get the love. Kyle has been that guy this year.