1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well that sucked last night.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Davies has underlying numbers that makes you sweat to get through the 5th. I would never want him on a play off roster.

63 hits given up in 54 IP. He is not fooling hitters.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Davies should be in the pen as long reliever and spot starter. I'm sure there are better options in Iowa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Davies should be in the pen as long reliever and spot starter. I'm sure there are better options in Iowa.

Eventually winning will become a higher priority than selling at the deadline.

Arreta, Davies and Williams are all flawed. Sure they can spin a nice game.

Jake is a #4 starter right now. What is working 51 Hits given up in 51 IP. That is keeping his WHIP at 1.39. back of the rotation quality.

Davies had a ERA near 10 in Apr. 1.72 in May. Last game was a wart. Hitters are hitting around .300 against him even when he was getting good results. So he has always been the same guy. His luck was bad then went good last game bad. He lacks talent to shut down hitters. He needs them to hit the ball into the shift. He is more so location of pitch vs nasty factor.

I feel bad for Williams but 1.60 WHIP and a 5.36 ERA won't be missed much. Jed should be looking at a replacement now vs sitting on Stewart. Kohl had a bullet dodge. Not a good game. His talent is fringe. He is not a answer. He is another starter that you have to sweat watching get through 5.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that Thompson gets stretched out as he has the talent to stick around. Last game he went 3 innings and I believe was for a reason.

Steel is also close. I would have him start. Cubs are 3 deep in lefties. Brothers is going through a rough streak but he can strike out a side. They can afford to put Steel in Iowa and to stretch him out for the 2nd half.

So that is what my answer would be as of now. Stretch out both Thompson and Steel and use them in the 2nd half vs Williams and Davies. Davies has time in his favor because Jed can sit on Steel in Iowa to properly condition him as a starter. Thompson is more so on a piggy back with Stewart. Williams I wouldn't consider returning to. If Thompson fails then you look into the market.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cubs have never done well on the west coast.

NFL Sunday kicks off at 10am here...pregame shows are 9am, heh. 2 hours doesn't seem like much but....

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Thompson is getting a early look as a starter today. Hey if he can hold them down for 5 innings the O might push asside 6 runs at this pace.

Jake has looked like shit sense Apr. Looking at his pitch sequencing it was kinda all over the place in the first. There was no pattern to how he was working the hitters. So most likely the 1st told the Giants that Jake didn't have much command going tonight. He paid for it inning 2 and after the first HR it even did worsen.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well that sucks...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Same pattern. He was sequencing fine. After the 2nd HR his pitches starting to go all over the place. Shows that he is still a kid.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Looks like Jake could use a shot in the arm.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Looks like Jake could use a shot in the arm.

Anti Covid boy has gone to shit after making his Trumper stand.

Thompson still confuses me. Gives up 2 HR's but 5 of his 6 outs were strike outs. So his stuff is nasty.

I feel that we are seeing growing pains but the talent is there.

But Jake is a shell of what he was. What he added was a tailing sinker. Maddux lived off of that pitch but he had a change up to keep them off balance. Jake tails out then breaks in with the curve. He needs a change up.

Regardless this team is not going far with 2/5 starters.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
What's up with Contreras Rizzo spat? What caused that?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Anti Covid boy has gone to shit after making his Trumper stand.

Thompson still confuses me. Gives up 2 HR's but 5 of his 6 outs were strike outs. So his stuff is nasty.

I feel that we are seeing growing pains but the talent is there.

But Jake is a shell of what he was. What he added was a tailing sinker. Maddux lived off of that pitch but he had a change up to keep them off balance. Jake tails out then breaks in with the curve. He needs a change up.

Regardless this team is not going far with 2/5 starters.
Why does Thompson confuse you? He just had his first bad game in over a month in the majors. That'll happen.

Jake is what we thought he was. He was bad the last 3 years or so, no reason to think that would have changed. Maddux was incredibly smart, I would never accuse Jake of that.