IGT: Saads Revenge: Friday 18th vs CBJ

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Saad has anything left to say to Torterella who routinely played him on the 4th line, he might have to do so from the 3rd line, but maybe the best line the Hawks have rolling right now. He is in good form, good health, and a statement goal would mean twice as much in this one.

giphy.gif

Suddenly the Hawks are angry and ready to lash out. Nylander, Perlini, Koekkoek must continue to play in desperation mode with the impending arrival of Kirby Dach. Perhaps nobody is safe, so keep hitting fools or

giphy.gif

The Blue Jackets seem to have settled in after the loss of Big Bob. A 5 or 6 goal reminder of their loss would be nice.

Hawks win 5-2

GET YOUR LINES RIGHT COLLOTON!!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Keep Keith and Murph together for this one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep Keith and Murph together for this one.

They have speed?

I'm keeping my eye on that Seabrook/Maata pairing, they certainly have brought the right energy and attitude. I fear their speed issue always, and see Murphy/Dehaan as necessary for 3 guys right now. Keith/Seabs/Maata. But if Seabs/Maata can fulfill their role and keep dominating the rest of the defense probably is ok and has options.

Murphy>Hammer in 2019-20 season.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawks 3-1.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
They have speed?

I'm keeping my eye on that Seabrook/Maata pairing, they certainly have brought the right energy and attitude. I fear their speed issue always, and see Murphy/Dehaan as necessary for 3 guys right now. Keith/Seabs/Maata. But if Seabs/Maata can fulfill their role and keep dominating the rest of the defense probably is ok and has options.

thanks for the start.

the bad...

The Seabrook-Maatta pairing has been on the ice for 25 Hawks shots and 57 opponents shots. That 30.49 percentage is the second-worst of any pairing in the league with 20 minutes or more of ice time.

the better...

Opponents have scored only one goal while the Seabrook-Maatta pairing has been on the ice. Whether that’s sustainable remains to be seen, but the numbers suggest it’s a matter of time until the disparity in shots catches up.

i'm not what you'd call an avid student of the game but i have to say i thought that pairing looked a lot better than the numbers suggest.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0191015-rhwnfztvmbacdes6mvvl4jfqi4-story.html

!!!!!!! GO HAWKS !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thanks for the start.

the bad...

The Seabrook-Maatta pairing has been on the ice for 25 Hawks shots and 57 opponents shots. That 30.49 percentage is the second-worst of any pairing in the league with 20 minutes or more of ice time.

the better...

Opponents have scored only one goal while the Seabrook-Maatta pairing has been on the ice. Whether that’s sustainable remains to be seen, but the numbers suggest it’s a matter of time until the disparity in shots catches up.

i'm not what you'd call an avid student of the game but i have to say i thought that pairing looked a lot better than the numbers suggest.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0191015-rhwnfztvmbacdes6mvvl4jfqi4-story.html

!!!!!!! GO HAWKS !!!!!!!

I don't want to bitch about them because they are moving with purpose, hitting people, and blocking shots.

I haven't seen that around here since Hammer left so I am keeping an open mind, but its been my opinion we should only have one small guy per forward line, and one slow guy per defensive pairing. They are in the boat of afraid to push forward and possess because they can't get back.

Playing on their heels, yes, but two of the guys that can actually defend and clear the net front.

Keith-Murphy
Maata-DeHaan
Seabs-Gus/Boqvist

is probably my preference, but that third pairing needs optimum shift protections from forward groups.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Seems like Brookbanks is preaching clear the puck before hit that open guy with a clean pass to break them out of the zone.
Its important, sure, but starting the offense has to come from all the d pairings. I have not watched all the games, but have not seen many passes hitting the tape of a streaking forward.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have speed?

Murphy>Hammer in 2019-20 season.
Speed isn't the issue. I liked their defense re: Eye test.

Keith and Murph had active sticks.
Keith and Murph were in position*.
Keith and Murph actively broke up plays and got possession--even against the oil's stars, and by proxy, kept the high chance shots against the goalie down--something in the previous games simply wasn't happening.

(* - I can attribute that to Murph *actually* being able to play defense, which means there's less of a chance Keith will want to bail him out, meaning Keith can worry about the meal on his plate as opposed to Gus')

Seabs/Maata certainly aren't bad, but given the icetime Keith has been getting by proxy anyone who has good chemistry with him is welcome. It's a step in the right direction over Keith/Gus, which was just a clusterfuck of the Mongolian variety.

I feel bad for deHaan though...saddling him with Gus. :p

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like Brookbanks is preaching clear the puck before hit that open guy with a clean pass to break them out of the zone.
Its important, sure, but starting the offense has to some from all the d pairings. I have not watched all the games, but have not seen many passes hitting the tape of a streaking forward.

yeah, strange to not see Gus going for that pass. He is thinking too much. I think the new system might have changed his game the most to the point he isn't functioning, or he gained some bad weight or something. He isn't taking phrenetic rush chances...I hate what I'm seeing from Gus (and Koekkoek) right now. The other 5 have settled down but its a small sample size.

Big game tonight with schedule ahead. Lets be sure to get these 3.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its important, sure, but starting the offense has to some from all the d pairings. I have not watched all the games, but have not seen many passes hitting the tape of a streaking forward.

A wiser poster than me observed during the years of the Hawks most recent success that you could pretty much predict the outcome of a game by how the Hawks passing looked early on in the game...all other things aside, when they were not getting those crisp passes off, especially the first one out of the zone, it was going to be a long night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lehner's turn.

Tonight is 2010 Stanley Cup celebration night. So expect to see some old faces.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indications point to same line-up.

Cat-Tazer-Jewels
Shaw-Strome-Kaner
Saad-Kampf-Laser
Nylander/Perlini-Carp-Smith/Perlini

Keith-Murph
Maata-Seabroke
DeHaan-Gus

I don't hate these lines. The top two have to produce or it isn't working, but I'll reopen my mind to little pairs. Its just a beating I don't care to see sometimes. I love Jewels/Shaw...love love...I just worry about asking them to be GIANTS over the course of the season. They end up taking alot of heat in this scenario. In the short term we need wins and to survive this stretch of the season. So roll on.

Lets go!!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
big change in the blackhawks lineup tonight, despite the win and a great performance by all the players that skated on Monday, Coach JC has decided to make a change in the lineup.

Lehnar is starting in goal.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but that is what it seems like whoever is running the hawks page on facebook thinks.
6 million dollar goalie, 5 million dollar goalie, splitting games, usually means that its an every other game deal for these guys.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
big change in the blackhawks lineup tonight, despite the win and a great performance by all the players that skated on Monday, Coach JC has decided to make a change in the lineup.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but that is what it seems like whoever is running the hawks page on facebook thinks.
6 million dollar goalie, 5 million dollar goalie, splitting games, usually means that its an every other game deal for these guys.
Lehner's last performance certainly wasn't that bad. I have no issue with Lehner starting. We have to keep him fresh after all with a 6 in 10 coming up and Crawford has got 3 of the 4 nods so far. That being said if Crawford got the nod I wouldn't have any issue, either. I do think unless there's a back to back a few games on/off and not letting rust settle in is probably the way to go--or a switchup when our Team D get lazy again.

Honestly from here-on out the next "this goalie must start" game is January 15th--and Dr. Craw should get the nod simply because he's dynamite against the Habs. That being said I don't know if there are any teams out there that have Lehner as their kryponite, but if so Lehner should get the nod against them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lehner's last performance certainly wasn't that bad. I have no issue with Lehner starting. We have to keep him fresh after all with a 6 in 10 coming up and Crawford has got 3 of the 4 nods so far. That being said if Crawford got the nod I wouldn't have any issue, either. I do think unless there's a back to back a few games on/off and not letting rust settle in is probably the way to go--or a switchup when our Team D get lazy again.

Honestly from here-on out the next "this goalie must start" game is January 15th--and Dr. Craw should get the nod simply because he's dynamite against the Habs. That being said I don't know if there are any teams out there that have Lehner as their kryponite, but if so Lehner should get the nod against them.
The Islanders is a game Lehner deserves.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hawks 5-2 winner, Tazer with 3 points.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

That’s a mistake, Hawks played very well versus the Oilers, keep the same lineup and go from there. If CC is so so let Lehner play against the Caps on Sunday.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lehner's turn.

Tonight is 2010 Stanley Cup celebration night. So expect to see some old faces.
It should be a great celebration for one of the greatest teams assembled for a Stanley Cup victory.