IGT vs Phillies

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I would sit him til the ASG. Wisdom has been just as good.

11-13 MLB draft. 13th will be the ASG July 16 starts the 2nd half. That gives 2 full weeks til the deadline.
I'm wondering what the odds are some BP pieces (chafin, tepera, wieck, winkler) draw some interest and could net interesting prospects.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Btw it is amusing the cubs board has more activity and excitement over selling than the white Sox board has for their team that is a legit world series contender

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm wondering what the odds are some BP pieces (chafin, tepera, wieck, winkler) draw some interest and could net interesting prospects.
Bingo, been saying the entire bullpen should be open for business…not just Kimbrel. They have some guys that won’t be around the next time they are contending that are having really nice seasons so far. Contenders always need bullpen help
Btw it is amusing the cubs board has more activity and excitement over selling than the white Sox board has for their team that is a legit world series contender
Right?! I went to the white Sox forum to check it out for the first time recently. I was shocked at how little posting/excitement there was in it despite having one of the better teams in baseball.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bingo, been saying the entire bullpen should be open for business…not just Kimbrel. They have some guys that won’t be around the next time they are contending that are having really nice seasons so far. Contenders always need bullpen help
Cubs could move anywhere from 5-10 players at the deadline id think. They are fortunate to be in a position to FastTrack a rebuild. Obviously not all the players they get back will be premier players, but hopefully they can evaluate well and find some hidden gems in addition to adding some top flight prospects.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's the thing about most Sox fans....not all....but most. They are more pleased when the Cubs lose than when their team wins. I think what annoys them the most is that Cub fans keep packing the ballpark even when the team is boring or just flat out bad....kinda like now. To be honest, I've never understood it myself. The Sox are loaded, so loaded that they keep on winning despite having a boatload of injuries.....yet they still rarely sellout a game.

I mean since the Cubs blow....Sox fans have already won their personal WS.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Here's the thing about most Sox fans....not all....but most. They are more pleased when the Cubs lose than when their team wins. I think what annoys them the most is that Cub fans keep packing the ballpark even when the team is boring or just flat out bad....kinda like now. To be honest, I've never understood it myself. The Sox are loaded, so loaded that they keep on winning despite having a boatload of injuries.....yet they still rarely sellout a game.

I mean since the Cubs blow....Sox fans have already won their personal WS.

location, location, location

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Sox fans read?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
longer they keep him around, the more likely an injury keeps the cubs from getting the return they should for him

They wont get what they should at this point anyways honestly.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They wont get what they should at this point anyways honestly.

ehh depends. You gotta look at it from the other teams perspective, too. They would be trading for a guy that they will have control over for 2-3 months, that is a streaky hitter, and is injury prone. How much would you truly give up for that if it was you looking to acquire him? Be honest with yourself.

besides, best case scenario…cubs trade him for a nice return in prospects. Bryant then hits the FA market, and the cubs are 1 of 30 teams…one of which happens to have an opening at 3B. One thing you gotta say for boras, if the cubs were to make the best offer…he’d sign back with the cubs in the offseason. Maybe KB’s market in FA isn’t what he thinks it should be and ends up settling on a more “reasonable” deal. It’d be pretty sweet if the cubs traded him and got some prospects, then just sign him back for like a 5 or 6 year deal…not the 8-10 year deal he wants

Snicker_Dickens

Liked Posts:
Alzolay looks like a new pitcher. Wow. He is filthy. That sucks how the runs were scored. The single and the run weren't really his fault. I'm waiting for his first 10k game

CSF77

Liked Posts:
ehh depends. You gotta look at it from the other teams perspective, too. They would be trading for a guy that they will have control over for 2-3 months, that is a streaky hitter, and is injury prone. How much would you truly give up for that if it was you looking to acquire him? Be honest with yourself.

besides, best case scenario…cubs trade him for a nice return in prospects. Bryant then hits the FA market, and the cubs are 1 of 30 teams…one of which happens to have an opening at 3B. One thing you gotta say for boras, if the cubs were to make the best offer…he’d sign back with the cubs in the offseason. Maybe KB’s market in FA isn’t what he thinks it should be and ends up settling on a more “reasonable” deal. It’d be pretty sweet if the cubs traded him and got some prospects, then just sign him back for like a 5 or 6 year deal…not the 8-10 year deal he wants

Yanks did that also.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bryant was picking it up in July.

April. 322
May .327
June .114
July .348

TBH he was in a funk and he broke out of it and when you buy a car you want to see how it performs. In the garage with the hood open is not a solid sales plan.

Snicker_Dickens

Liked Posts:
Wow. Alzolay needs to figure out lefties dang it. He gives up a ton of 2 out home runs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Slider breaks into lefties.

Vs L 6.75 ERA
VS R 2.68 ERA.

This is the problem of a slider being the main offering.

Adbert was a 30% curve ball pitcher last year. That pitch would be useful in neutralizing lefties.

Even if he adapts a knuckle curve like Kimbrel uses. He needs to figure it out.

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
Slider breaks into lefties.

Vs L 6.75 ERA
VS R 2.68 ERA.

This is the problem of a slider being the main offering.

Adbert was a 30% curve ball pitcher last year. That pitch would be useful in neutralizing lefties.

Even if he adapts a knuckle curve like Kimbrel uses. He needs to figure it out.
Hopefully he does this offseason. He seems willing to learn ans even restructure his pitches. He is going to be something else to watch next year. I feel they want him to abuse the slider this year. Other than that, alzolay is special and he will be throwing filthy stuff in his mid to late 30s. Also, you can get his rookie cards for hella cheap on eBay. Haha.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hopefully he does this offseason. He seems willing to learn ans even restructure his pitches. He is going to be something else to watch next year. I feel they want him to abuse the slider this year. Other than that, alzolay is special and he will be throwing filthy stuff in his mid to late 30s. Also, you can get his rookie cards for hella cheap on eBay. Haha.

I was thinking cutter. Cut into the swing path and get bat breaks. It would be a strong offering for him that goes along with his slider. Give the hitter something to think about.

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
Look ar how many pitchers, like max scherzer, didnt figure it out for 5+ seasons before they began to have consistent success. His dietary habits and work ethic should make him very promising. If he really is working on a knuckle curve with a spike grip that he learned from Kimbrel, then watch out. Hes also going to bw able to adjust to a lower velocity later in his career if he is so fluid to change his whole routine to better himself. Shows he has little to no ego problems. Why cant most athletes do this? Why is ego such a determining factor?