IIHL Blackhawk Jrs info

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So team Canada is must watch TV as they will showcase Bedard and Fantilli along with 4 Blackhaks.

Allan and Korchinski pair together now in Jrs so I might expect the same pairing of blackhawks first round blue liners here.

The only other Blackhawk in tourney was named Sweden’s captain.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team U.S and Team Canada are showcased in a double header in nhl network wed Dec. 28(tomorrow).

Starting 3 PM central time until 8 pm.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless Canada changes up dman lines, you'll be disappointed in watching KK. He never saw PP time and is like the 3rd dman pairing. Was hoping to see more but guess he doesn't fit HC plans for a speed and chippy team. As for Fantilli he reminded me of Kirby Dach, big and doesn't hit, mostly floating out there. It was the first time I've seen him play so can only get brighter. As for Bedard really nice release , looks like a RH version of PKane but faster, same type of hands but man is he small.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Unless Canada changes up dman lines, you'll be disappointed in watching KK. He never saw PP time and is like the 3rd dman pairing. Was hoping to see more but guess he doesn't fit HC plans for a speed and chippy team. As for Fantilli he reminded me of Kirby Dach, big and doesn't hit, mostly floating out there. It was the first time I've seen him play so can only get brighter. As for Bedard really nice release , looks like a RH version of PKane but faster, same type of hands but man is he small.
Nolan, Korch and Mastro all look terrible, and your right about Fantilli, he looks like Kirby out there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terrible?

Our guys are terrible?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Call me biased all you want, but those two disallowed US goals against Canada were utter bull shit, plain and simply. Utter joke of a game.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Call me biased all you want, but those two disallowed US goals against Canada were utter bull shit, plain and simply. Utter joke of a game.
I will call you biased Granada, Rules are rules. It doesn’t take away the fact that Team USA gave up a 2 goal lead, and there total Austen Mathews ignorance towards the rowdy crowd in Halifax, they got what they deserved. Yea I am biased as well. This total hand to the ear junk is ridiculous, Kane and Mathews was funny, seeing who they both are, the Kirby Dach incident this season was nonsense seeing how Dach played in Chicago prior to being traded, and team USA last night took the cake, just play the game, why get the crowd going, exactly what he did.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I will call you biased Granada, Rules are rules. It doesn’t take away the fact that Team USA gave up a 2 goal lead, and there total Austen Mathews ignorance towards the rowdy crowd in Halifax, they got what they deserved. Yea I am biased as well. This total hand to the ear junk is ridiculous, Kane and Mathews was funny, seeing who they both are, the Kirby Dach incident this season was nonsense seeing how Dach played in Chicago prior to being traded, and team USA last night took the cake, just play the game, why get the crowd going, exactly what he did.

The American player was pushed in the back into the goalie by the Canadian d-man on the first goal.

And the second goal is even worse. That rule is if the pad AND the puck are pushed over. The puck was clearly loose and it entered the net way before the pad, the whistle hadn't blown yet.

Soft as baby shit calls. If the NHL is rigged when it comes to drafting, etc., so was this tournament. If those goals were called against Canada, you'd certainly be singing a different tune. I think Canada collectively would explode if they were called for the same infractions that completely changed the outcome of the game. That just goes to show how bull shit they were. Soft as hell.

Rule 69.3 is written so badly, it's completely open to interpretation. It's garbage. Cheap win for a team that got outplayed overall. So be it.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The American player was pushed in the back into the goalie by the Canadian d-man on the first goal.

And the second goal is even worse. That rule is if the pad AND the puck are pushed over. The puck was clearly loose and it entered the net way before the pad, the whistle hadn't blown yet.

Soft as baby shit calls. If the NHL is rigged when it comes to drafting, etc., so was this tournament. If those goals were called against Canada, you'd certainly be singing a different tune. I think Canada collectively would explode if they were called for the same infractions that completely changed the outcome of the game. That just goes to show how bull shit they were. Soft as hell.

Rule 69.3 is written so badly, it's completely open to interpretation. It's garbage. Cheap win for a team that got outplayed overall. So be it.
Soft as shit, rule 69.3, Team USA had a 2 goal lead and blew it, enough with the excuses, and that arrogance woke the crowd. Honestly I could care less if team Canada wins, I am watching for the Hawks future, if it be Fantilli, Bedard, watching Korchinski, Nolan, DelMastro. My argument is the same, don’t blow a 2 goal lead and you won’t have to talk about a soft a shit rule.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Soft as shit, rule 69.3, Team USA had a 2 goal lead and blew it, enough with the excuses, and that arrogance woke the crowd. Honestly I could care less if team Canada wins, I am watching for the Hawks future, if it be Fantilli, Bedard, watching Korchinski, Nolan, DelMastro. My argument is the same, don’t blow a 2 goal lead and you won’t have to talk about a soft a shit rule.
Oh come on. The crowd was already awake, and they were giving it to the US the entire tournament, so I'm not surprised the kid gave it back to them. It changed nothing, the crowd was always going to be that hostile towards the US. This rivalry has existed well before the ear thing. To say that had more of an impact than the officials is a stretch. Are we going to complain about that but love what Buff did in Vancouver in 2010? That was way worse than the brief ear-shot thing. I'll agree that the ear-shout is way overdone and really is childish to do in the NHL, but at the junior level against a crowd that is continuously giving you shit, it's a little easier to accept.

They didn't blow a two-goal lead. They came back twice and had a tying goal taken away. And they outplayed Canada the majority of the game, even after the two bull-shit calls. Canada got through this tournament by the skin of their teeth even though they supposedly had the next McDavid. Not directed toward you, I'm just saying. Hope the medals don't turn their chests green.

Last edited: