Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In 2005, ESPNU named Pistol Pete as the greatest basketball player of all time. Lol, good job ESPN, name him the best ever and then give him a 14 seed.
Similar with Red Grange. Went from #1 to well down the list. Apparently they hire people who don’t know the history of the sport they cover.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think he's sick of Brad treating him like a red headed step child.
How many min per game did he avg? He was a real key factor off the bench. Sorry to see him go. I had high expectations for him.

Landers Nolley, we have a spot for you.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
How many min per game did he avg? He was a real key factor off the bench. Sorry to see him go. I had high expectations for him.

Landers Nolley, we have a spot for you.

Landers probably gonna follow Buzz

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he wants more PT. Read a rumor that he was likely going to Rutgers. I'm disappointed, but I wish him the best. He definitely should have gotten more PT this year

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Maybe he wants more PT. Read a rumor that he was likely going to Rutgers. I'm disappointed, but I wish him the best. He definitely should have gotten more PT this year

And he deserved more PT. Brad fucked up big.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Griffin might have some maturity issues which could be the reason for his reduced playing time

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Griffin might have some maturity issues which could be the reason for his reduced playing time
yea...supposedly his ex aired out some dirty laundry on IG yesterday. If all true, he still has some growing up to do, but no reason to not increase his PT.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
yea...supposedly his ex aired out some dirty laundry on IG yesterday. If all true, he still has some growing up to do, but no reason to not increase his PT.

I didn't even look at it but if his ex is the one that aired private business, I'd say she is the one that has some growing up to do.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He went back home and stayed with his momma. You know momma was in his ear. He wasn’t very good at defense. I like Alan. I think he has NBA potential. It’s a shame Underwood didn’t get him some more tic. Maybe next time he has the son of a NBAer on his team Underwood will get his head out of his ass and give the kid more than 7th man minutes when he was the 2nd or 3rd best scoring option depending on the night.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't even look at it but if his ex is the one that aired private business, I'd say she is the one that has some growing up to do.
oh yea...she definitely needs to grow up as well. Just saying if the alleged stuff she said about him is true, he also needs to do some growing up. I understand it's college and kids will be kids, but some of that alleged stuff is crazy.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He went back home and stayed with his momma. You know momma was in his ear. He wasn’t very good at defense. I like Alan. I think he has NBA potential. It’s a shame Underwood didn’t get him some more tic. Maybe next time he has the son of a NBAer on his team Underwood will get his head out of his ass and give the kid more than 7th man minutes when he was the 2nd or 3rd best scoring option depending on the night.
apparently mom hasn't been a fan for awhile now. I heard dad was ok with him staying at Illinois but mom was not.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
apparently mom hasn't been a fan for awhile now. I heard dad was ok with him staying at Illinois but mom was not.
Mom was an issue his entire Freshman year. He could barely dribble the basketball and was completely lost on defense. IIRC Underwood/staff actually had to talk to her one the phone, IIRC. She made some super silly tweets. Adrian clearly responded to one by saying a little adversity was a good thing or something like that.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Mom was an issue his entire Freshman year. He could barely dribble the basketball and was completely lost on defense. IIRC Underwood/staff actually had to talk to her one the phone, IIRC. She made some super silly tweets. Adrian clearly responded to one by saying a little adversity was a good thing or something like that.

I obviously have no idea what the family dynamic is but man.. if my dad was a former NBA player, I feel like I'd be giving his opinions more weight than my moms. Damn this blows!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
oh yea...she definitely needs to grow up as well. Just saying if the alleged stuff she said about him is true, he also needs to do some growing up. I understand it's college and kids will be kids, but some of that alleged stuff is crazy.

So, Derek Piper is suggesting that these instagram posts may have had something to do with him deciding to transfer. Man, if that's true, we can't catch a fucking break.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He was getting 20 minutes a night, more when he was hitting shots and playing passable d, less when he wasn't.

Dude does a lot of things well on the court and has improved a ton. Big loss.

That said his mom has always been an issue and it sounds like he's got some other problems as well.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He was getting 20 minutes a night, more when he was hitting shots and playing passable d, less when he wasn't.

Dude does a lot of things well on the court and has improved a ton. Big loss.

That said his mom has always been an issue and it sounds like he's got some other problems as well.
Alan's issues and Tevian Jones' issues are probably why they went after Grandison and Hutcherson as transfers. They will be fine next season. I just really liked Alan's attitude and his potential. He kept getting better each year. He was getting good coaching.