Illini BB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I watched the Louisville Final 4 game. Roger dominated that game. Deron shut down their best player. If only Brian Randle didnt break his hand like an idiot....

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cockburn going pro

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Get that money Kofi. Just don't know if he's ready yet.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He didn't hire an agent, he could still be back.
Players can hire agents. This changed in 2018.

In a landmark declaration, the NCAA announced on Wednesday that, among other rule changes, (1) college basketball players can hire an agent so long as the player requests an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee (which consists of NBA team executives who provide candid advice to college players on their draft prospects); (2) assuming the NBA and National Basketball Players’ Association (NBPA) consent to the following arrangement, high school basketball players who have been identified as an “elite senior prospect” by USA basketball can also be represented by an agent beginning July 1 before their senior year in high school; and (3) agents must be certified by the NCAA in order to work with high school and college athletes (however, until Aug. 1, 2020, NBPA-certified agents will be automatically considered NCAA certified and family members or those who act solely on behalf of a pro team aren’t required to be certified at all).
https://www.si.com/college/2018/08/09/ncaa-agents-student-athlete-one-and-done-nba-draft

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kofi can still come back, but that letter he posted felt a lot like goodbye. I think he comes back ultimately

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
From Rivals on surprise early entrants:

I’m going to go with Kofi Cockburn of Illinois. He was way better than pretty much everybody expected him to be as a freshman and was a big-time piece in the middle of the floor for them. For as good as he was, giant space-eating bigs just aren’t as sexy to NBA teams and another year could have been very valuable for him. If he comes back, the Illini should be in pretty good shape to keep 2020’s momentum moving forward. However, if he stays in the draft it would be a huge blow. Incoming freshman Coleman Hawkins has a chance to be pretty good, but he’s not ready to replace Cockburn.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He evidently played PG last year because his team doesn't have one, and thus didn't get many spot up looks.

Also Miller finally signed yesterday.