CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Miller signed as I knew he would. Great pickup for Illinois. Now let's hope that, as the year turns to 2021, we will have at least the conference basketball season and the NCAA tournament.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nice to see they both were ranked higher than before. #31 and #42 in composite, fwiw.

Means people see some very good things.

Let's hope for Dee and Deron 2.0

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Kofi will be back and it looks more than 50% that Ayo will be back, too. If that happens and they can get a quality 4 in a transfer, it's a Top 15 pre-season team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kofi will be back and it looks more than 50% that Ayo will be back, too. If that happens and they can get a quality 4 in a transfer, it's a Top 15 pre-season team.
I've lost track of the numbers (like I've lost track of the days).....if both come back, are there any spots available?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I've lost track of the numbers (like I've lost track of the days).....if both come back, are there any spots available?
I think so because Griff and Tevian both left. Should be one more spot even with those guys back.

So they would lose Tev, Griff, Kipper, and Feliz, and add Curbelo, Miller, and Hawkins. One left.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OkSt is just now getting sentenced? wasn't this issue brought up a long ass time ago? So when are they going to sentence Duke after the story came out that Zion was paid to attend Duke

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OkSt is just now getting sentenced? wasn't this issue brought up a long ass time ago? So when are they going to sentence Duke after the story came out that Zion was paid to attend Duke

Duke, UNC will never get punished

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

@Parade_Rain what are the odds Ayo & Kofi come back?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not parade, but I don't think Ayo is coming back. I think Kofi is for sure coming back

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not parade, but I don't think Ayo is coming back. I think Kofi is for sure coming back

Ayo isn't even being mocked in some drafts at all.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I saw that mock you posted and was surprised Ayo wasn't listed. But I fear he still won't come back.

If a player is going to be drafted in a spot where it makes sense for him to go, then by all means he should go, and fans support that.

I just don't want to see a repeat of what happened with a couple Illini football players who left early and didn't get drafted. That's a lose-lose.

If Ayo leaves early and ends up hoping for a tryout as a FA, everybody loses. Another year at Illinois, with a legit chance of a good NBA draft slot in the future is better for him the long run than heading for Greece.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That punter from ASU signed with an agent, went undrafted, and then went back to college with eligibility to play again. How does this happen?

(Not that I'm against it)

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw that mock you posted and was surprised Ayo wasn't listed. But I fear he still won't come back.

If a player is going to be drafted in a spot where it makes sense for him to go, then by all means he should go, and fans support that.

I just don't want to see a repeat of what happened with a couple Illini football players who left early and didn't get drafted. That's a lose-lose.

If Ayo leaves early and ends up hoping for a tryout as a FA, everybody loses. Another year at Illinois, with a legit chance of a good NBA draft slot in the future is better for him the long run than heading for Greece.
Issue for Ayo is no combine/workouts. He would impress against the competition. That's probably hurt some other good players, as well, from moving up the list.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Another issue is that there's doubt about Euro leagues playing this year.