CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not yet but given that his recruiting for next year's class is weak as hell, he better fucking get his shit together fast with this talented team.
There is talent there and the transfer market due to seniors getting an extra year is going to be way above average. They just need to get things straightened out, get a good tourney seed and make a run. Show up next year with a decent team and play well. Then the recruiting should start to work. Until then, Illinois hasn't been to an NCAA in a long time, even though they would have made it last year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is talent there and the transfer market due to seniors getting an extra year is going to be way above average. They just need to get things straightened out, get a good tourney seed and make a run. Show up next year with a decent team and play well. Then the recruiting should start to work. Until then, Illinois hasn't been to an NCAA in a long time, even though they would have made it last year.

I told you guys already. Underwood can't coach any team to more than a single NCAA tourney win. Not with the depth out there and not with his offense.

The best chance to compete for a title would have been to fire him this fall and hire Pitino to assist a team that includes several pro's and an additional 7' footer. They could have been something but not with Underwood though all the props for recruiting them.

That said great game tonight, it takes more than Penn State has to compete with a bunch of pro's.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I told you guys already. Underwood can't coach any team to more than a single NCAA tourney win. Not with the depth out there and not with his offense.

The best chance to compete for a title would have been to fire him this fall and hire Pitino to assist a team that includes several pro's and an additional 7' footer. They could have been something but not with Underwood though all the props for recruiting them.

That said great game tonight, it takes more than Penn State has to compete with a bunch of pro's.

Illini BOT and Faculty would never accept a guy like Pitino.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Illini BOT and Faculty would never accept a guy like Pitino.
Illinois Faculty doesn't really accept sports. If they did, Khan's money would still be flowing through U of I athletics, as opposed to two professional sports franchises. All they had to do was give the dude an honorary degree and they voted it down.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Illinois Faculty doesn't really accept sports. If they did, Khan's money would still be flowing through U of I athletics, as opposed to two professional sports franchises. All they had to do was give the dude an honorary degree and they voted it down.

Agreed, read about that, absolutely sickening.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tough win tonight. Refs sucked but they suck every game in the Big 10. Road wins dont come easy in the B10

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That was painful to watch. Those refs were awful.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That was painful to watch. Those refs were awful.

Big 10 refs are so bad that I have become completely apathetic to their calls.
Its as if I expect some Enrico Pallazo-esque tom foolery.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Worst ref job in a long time. Frazier got T'd up for saying "cash" to no one. What did TJD get when he absolutely taunted an Illinois player? Nothing. Both teams...the players had no idea how to play. The refs would call ticky-tack and not call real fouls. Then they would do the opposite. It was pure comedy. That crew should be banned from Big Ten reffing for a year. You can't be that incompetent. Fouling out Ayo for a charge when the IU player clearly undercut him. Ridiculous. BBTW, this is a foul or maybe 3.
VVVVV

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Big 10 refs are so bad that I have become completely apathetic to their calls.
Its as if I expect some Enrico Pallazo-esque tom foolery.
It's one thing to make a bad call or miss an obvious infraction. But when they officiate like they did Tuesday, it makes games brutal to watch. The Illinois-Iowa game was entertaining and had no controversy (in spite of Fran's imagined slight). Illinois-Indiana was awful from an entertainment point of view.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Worst ref job in a long time. Frazier got T'd up for saying "cash" to no one. What did TJD get when he absolutely taunted an Illinois player? Nothing. Both teams...the players had no idea how to play. The refs would call ticky-tack and not call real fouls. Then they would do the opposite. It was pure comedy. That crew should be banned from Big Ten reffing for a year. You can't be that incompetent. Fouling out Ayo for a charge when the IU player clearly undercut him. Ridiculous. BBTW, this is a foul or maybe 3.
VVVVV

I saw this earlier and showed my son. All three IU players are making contact and no call. Even funnier that it was tweeted by Ayo's mom.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should be a good game today. Hope the refs are better. lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DID YOU KNOW: The Wisconsin offense has recorded a turnover on only 13.9 percent of its possessions, which is the fourth-lowest rate in the nation. The Illinois defense has forced opposing teams to turn the ball over on just 16.4 percent of all possessions (ranked 320th among Division I teams).

From AP Game Preview