Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Will Illinois be ranked in the top 25 RPI now??? Lmao

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the 1 seed is secured the rest of the way. Was worried about West Virginia overtaking the Illini, but they lost to Baylor tonight

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Considering Ayo is out and this is on the road, probably the best regular season game in program history.

The IU game when Anderson hit the jumper and the IU game at home when Griffey made the layup were more exciting at the end, the home win over Wake was unreal. But considering the situation and opponent, none were this dominant.
Yep, this is the highest ranked team Illinois has ever beaten on the road. And to do it with a NPOY finalist on the bench, and by 23? Impressive to say the least.

Michigan may claim the regular season title with an asterisk (or two), but Illinois just made it clear which Big Ten team is best this year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Damn! That was fun. Michigan’s attempt to dodge Illinois was a failed strategy. Freshman Trent is still able to get to the rim as a Senior. He let his aggressiveness on the O side of the ball slide the last couple of years. Who can the opposition guard? I mean you can try to silence Ayo, Kofi and Trent, but Grandison and Miller can shoot it, too. Curbelo has a real knack getting to the rim.
Guard play alone - Ayo, Trent, Curbelo, and, oh yeah, don't forget Adam Miller who had 16 at the half a couple games ago. (I still believe Adam Miller can be Big Ten Player of The Year before he is through)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What a win for Illinois. Impressive.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Debatable. They have to still show up in the B10 tourney and play OSU
I don't think conference tourneys matter that much in seeding, unless you really flame out ealry and badly.

Illinois is 3 games ahead of tOSU, but national media wants so badly to give Oho state a #1 seed for some reason. They are literally 5th place in the Big Ten today, but that won't stop the #1 seed talk. And they are definitely capable of winning the BTT. But Illinois' resume is clearly better.

After Saturday, Illinois lead the nation in Quad 1 wins, and nabbed another tonight.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think conference tourneys matter that much in seeding, unless you really flame out ealry and badly.

Illinois is 3 games ahead of tOSU, but national media wants so badly to give Oho state a #1 seed for some reason. They are literally 5th place in the Big Ten today, but that won't stop the #1 seed talk. And they are definitely capable of winning the BTT. But Illinois' resume is clearly better.

After Saturday, Illinois lead the nation in Quad 1 wins, and nabbed another tonight.

Thats what Im worried about. OSU will always get the love even though their resume is worse. But if they get the season sweep, I think they get the #1 seed as long as they dont bomb it in the BTT

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Beat OSU and this team will have more conference wins than the 05 team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thats what Im worried about. OSU will always get the love even though their resume is worse. But if they get the season sweep, I think they get the #1 seed as long as they dont bomb it in the BTT
They beat Illinois in a game that was a one basket difference with seconds to go and yeah it might depend if they have a big win on Saturday. But what does the season count for if Illinois finishes two games ahead of them and gets ranked behind them? Illinois has more overall losses because they played two teams in the top 25 - one of which is Top 5, another that was Top 10 at one point. OSU is 5th in big ten. Let’s just hope Illinois wins and makes the argument moot. ?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They beat Illinois in a game that was a one basket difference with seconds to go and yeah it might depend if they have a big win on Saturday. But what does the season count for if Illinois finishes two games ahead of them and gets ranked behind them? Illinois has more overall losses because they played two teams in the top 25 - one of which is Top 5, another that was Top 10 at one point. OSU is 5th in big ten. Let’s just hope Illinois wins and makes the argument moot. ?

Agreed. But also, FUCK tOSU

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This was the best win of the year for any team in the country, pretty easily I'd imagine. Winning on Saturday makes UI a lock for #1 seed. I think they could even lose on Saturday and win the BTT and be a #1, or even if they lose Saturday and OSU loses in their first BTT game.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Underwood has turned a corner in coaching since Ayo went down.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Managed to catch the 2nd half last night (Don't get to watch many Illini games). Solid looking team.

Everything else I know on them is through reading about games / reading stat lines.

A lot of what I see on paper reminds me of the 2001 team. B10 was also fairly strong that year. Hopefully they make it an interesting tournament.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I just saw that UI has played 15 (!) Quad 1 games, as many as Gonzaga and Butler together. They have won 9, the most in the country. I think the committee loves stats like that.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm getting a little worried for Adam Miller. I would have thought with Ayo out, he'd have a coming out party. I thought maybe next year, the offense would run through him...but I'm thinking now that it's going to run through Curbelo

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm getting a little worried for Adam Miller. I would have thought with Ayo out, he'd have a coming out party. I thought maybe next year, the offense would run through him...but I'm thinking now that it's going to run through Curbelo

He just has to develop. Give it time