Illini BB

dennehy

Liked Posts:
MIller has improved immeasurably on defense over the year. He's just not quite there offensively, has to figure out how to finish in traffic and be more consistent shooting.

Curbelo was always a far better prospect imo and he's going to be a fantastic lead guard when Ayo leaves.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think maybe i just had higher expectations for Miller. I thought he was a one and done type player. He looks like he might need two more years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will honestly not be surprised if Adam Miller contends for Big Ten POY during his tenure at Illinois.

Curbelo handling the ball and Miller shooting / driving.

It is not out of the uestion Frazier comes back, and the Illini are in on the 4 star Texas Tech transfer.

The guard position is in great hands.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Curbelo learns to consistently shoot 3s and cut down on turnovers, he will be a beast.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Crazy how Ayo has gone from a borderline lottery pick his freshman year to now contending for player of the year and also being a fringe 1st rounder in mock drafts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Crazy how Ayo has gone from a borderline lottery pick his freshman year to now contending for player of the year and also being a fringe 1st rounder in mock drafts.
Borderline lottery pick? Huh?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm getting a little worried for Adam Miller. I would have thought with Ayo out, he'd have a coming out party. I thought maybe next year, the offense would run through him...but I'm thinking now that it's going to run through Curbelo
Why would the offense not run through the best true PG Illinois has had in a long time? As for Adam Miller, he will be fine. He has been on the floor from the beginning of the season because of his defense. He's done his job this year and been deferential to Ayo and the older group. Needs to tighten up his handles and work on finishing in traffic. He came to Illinois with the ability to score at all three levels. Thus far he has been mostly a 3 and D guy. I think he will have a better Illinois career than Brandon Paul for instance.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ayo is out again right?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This should give the Illini the #1 seed, right? I think at this point, Iowa would have to win the tournament to get a #1 seed over Illinois.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This should give the Illini the #1 seed, right? I think at this point, Iowa would have to win the tournament to get a #1 seed over Illinois.

Iowa won't get a #1 seed regardless of the BTT

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Illinois is a 1 seed. The conference tourney won't change that. Nor should it. Assuming Iowa wins today, they finish two games back of Illinois and lost head to head. Illinois should be assured of a 1 seed.