Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gutsy win last night! Plummer has been outstanding on O the past few games.
Gutsy is a perfect word to describe that. Good to see.

As disgusting as the 20 point loss was last week, this team is going to see a lot of guys get important playing time. Hopefully that really pays off by mid-season or tourney time.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Illinois crushed Buttgers! They didn't have Geo Baker, but Ron Harper, Jr has always been able to score against Illinois. Coleman Hawkins continues to progress as a sophomore. Absolute blanket on Harper last night. Kofi is really learning how to pass out of double and triple teams. Payne is more assertive now. Guys are getting over the flu and getting healthy. Hopefully Trent is 100% by January. I'm sure that impacts his offense. Goode is a player we are going to love the next 4 years. Melendez is just so smooth. Williams and Frazier combined for 10 assists. Both had 5 boards. Grandison had 16 pts off the bench! They are weathering the the storm from absence of Curbelo from the lineup and growing from it. Iowa will be a big test and no predictions will be made, but Illinois is going to be a very good team come March. Top 3-4 in the B1G if no more injuries/illnesses of key players.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It got boring fast. Looked like they were playing a HS team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Huge win tonight for Illinois.

Terrible job taking care of the ball, terrific job rebounding it.

Plummer is 49% from three and 28/28 FTs in last three games. He had almost no impact in first few games and I was prepared for disappointment, but he is everything Brad said he was as a shooter.

Nice to see 12 teams between the Illini and the Hawks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Illinois doesn't win tonight's Bragging Rights game, I promise you Ralphie's father won't be the only person weaving a tapestry of profanity.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Largest margin of victory in the series is 32.

Would love to see that broken.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I was worried about how the Illini would play after missing so much time with Covid. Not worried about Minnesota so much. But that was easy. Minnesota scored 6 points in the first 11 1/2 minutes of the second half.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Michigan lost tonight to the Rutgers team that Illinois beat by 35. The Minnesota team that Illinois beat by 23 tonight beat Michigan by 10. Love to see it.
Guard play is not very good. Frankly, Nebraska hung with MSU last night. I'm not sold on any teams in the Big Ten right now. Illinois is one player away (Kofi) from being a bubble team. Illinois has excellent guard play with 3 5th year seniors, which other teams are missing. Need Curbelo healthy so second unit of Payne/Hawkins can really shine.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Glad the Illini got things together.

Parade’s post was timely. Kofi sat and Illini got pounded.

Cool to see Derozan made the trip for Ayo’s big night.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deon Thomas said he wants Kofi to come back next year and break his record so he can hug him.
Deon is a class act.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fucking Michigan is at it again.

They are scheduled to play MSU, Purdue and Illinois in a 7 game stretch, and voila! Covid!

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Michigan is at it again.

They are scheduled to play MSU, Purdue and Illinois in a 7 game stretch, and voila! Covid!
i'd say I was surprised, but I'm not really. Anything to give them more time to prepare for big games. They are probably all practicing for their next game against Illinois. I assume the Purdue one will get postponed too. Maybe they will ask for more time to practice and postpone the Illinois game as well. Not saying that COVID isn't valid, but it's mighty convenient of COVID to just always happen to UM right before they face tough opponents.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
i'd say I was surprised, but I'm not really. Anything to give them more time to prepare for big games. They are probably all practicing for their next game against Illinois. I assume the Purdue one will get postponed too. Maybe they will ask for more time to practice and postpone the Illinois game as well. Not saying that COVID isn't valid, but it's mighty convenient of COVID to just always happen to UM right before they face tough opponents.
Last year Michigan basketball missed their game against Illinois and never made it up. In football they conveniently missed top 10 Ohio State. This year their hockey team played on Thursday and conveniently missed a Saturday game against top 20 western Michigan. Today they miss a game against top 10 Michigan State in basketball. With Purdue and Illinois pending. Yes I would say it’s very very convenient. And like you acknowledge Cove it is real we know that. Illinois just had to postpone a game for 48 hours but they played it.

If Michigan only misses this one game then surely they can find a way to make it up but if all the sudden they miss Michigan State Purdue in Illinois somehow they managed to get through the Big Ten season without having to play those games