Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Winning against a Top 10 team while looking sloppy is a good thing. So much room for improvement by Illinois, but clearly a lot of weapons.

The freshmen guards didn't get going offensively, but Sencire Harris lit a spark with his D and ball handling.

But Shannon! What did he finish, 8-9 from three point range? He was the only guy rebounding in the first half and couldn't be stopped offensively in the second.

All the issues seemed related to meshing and getting the rotation figured out versus lack of talent.

Hawkins looked lost at times. Melendez couldn't get second half minutes. Yet those guys are getting used to new roles., and I believe they'll both be fine.

Very encouraged by this team's potential.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seeing Sampson & Houston ranked #1 overall is quite annoying. Fuck that guy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winning against a Top 10 team while looking sloppy is a good thing. So much room for improvement by Illinois, but clearly a lot of weapons.

The freshmen guards didn't get going offensively, but Sencire Harris lit a spark with his D and ball handling.

But Shannon! What did he finish, 8-9 from three point range? He was the only guy rebounding in the first half and couldn't be stopped offensively in the second.

All the issues seemed related to meshing and getting the rotation figured out versus lack of talent.

Hawkins looked lost at times. Melendez couldn't get second half minutes. Yet those guys are getting used to new roles., and I believe they'll both be fine.

Very encouraged by this team's potential.
I’ve seen them early.

So like the 3 transfers they snatched are unbelievable.
Two from Baylor can play. You’ve got a 6th man scoring spark from a national championship team who at times can remind of Adam Morrison in Meyers.

The big guy from Baylor is a nice college grunt center you can do battle with.

And then the killer from Texas Tech?
Is a fucking lottery pick.

Obviously Purdue is a problem and brings a giant off the bus. But Illinois looks better than MSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana

to me early. They are deep and you see Hawkins and other familiar role players able to add structure by staying in their roles and having matured a bit.

It’s an interesting team, having not followed the off-season I was really surprised to see Meyers and the lottery pick.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can’t stand Syracuse. Especially with all of the disparaging comments Boeheim has made about Illinois over the years

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Triple double for Hawkins!!!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
@remydat wtf is going on with Stackhouse? Aren’t you a UNC fan? And just for kicks, I will add a Duke fan to this

@cameronkrazie86

Stackhouse was a great player at UNC but yeah, not a good look here. I actually really liked him when he played for the Pistons with Grant Hill (who was my favorite player as a kid growing up). At around the 22 second mark of this clip, I honestly thought he spit at the ref but I think it's just poor video quality that gives that appearance. I didn't see it reported anywhere so hopefully that wasn't the case.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rough loss against Maryland.

I thought I was watching two really good teams with depth and strategy. As usual with Underwood, our top end talent was maybe a little better but theirs was good, deeper, and they had a big home court advantage and balanced scoring options at the end.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Big 10 in general is looking good. I wonder if Meyers, Shannon, and 3 freshman contributors will be sturdy enough to last a season with Hawkins being thin as well.

We probably hit a big 10 adjustment period wall at some point with that much fresh meat. ?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@TL1961 is this the Underwood we were expecting?!

This team will be hard to beat when they hit their 3’s