CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They will have to start hitting some shots to win these ranked games. Putting up 59 at Iowa will likely be a double digit loss
Iowa doesn't play great defense. I would be surprised if Illinois doesn't score more than 59.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If they finished 22-9 (14-6) that would be incredible imo. These next few weeks are brutal, and when winning streaks are broken it can be tough to get the momentum back. But these guys have also shown they've developed some good resolve and consistent defense. They can win any game on any floor. Haven't been able to say that in awhile.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If they finished 22-9 (14-6) that would be incredible imo. These next few weeks are brutal, and when winning streaks are broken it can be tough to get the momentum back. But these guys have also shown they've developed some good resolve and consistent defense. They can win any game on any floor. Haven't been able to say that in awhile.
These road wins have raised my bar of hope on the season, I'm thinking they end up with a similar record and end up an 7/8 seed. I dont think their style of play is conducive to a deep tourney run though. I'd be thrilled with a Sweet 16 appearance but I think they go home the first weekend, but who knows?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
These road wins have raised my bar of hope on the season, I'm thinking they end up with a similar record and end up an 7/8 seed. I dont think their style of play is conducive to a deep tourney run though. I'd be thrilled with a Sweet 16 appearance but I think they go home the first weekend, but who knows?

I agree. There are really few great teams in the country this year though, I think as long as they avoid the 8/9 game they'll have a decent chance to get to the S16 but probably also a decent chance to lose in the first.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree. There are really few great teams in the country this year though, I think as long as they avoid the 8/9 game they'll have a decent chance to get to the S16 but probably also a decent chance to lose in the first.

They are a matchup dependent tournament team, as are all teams that aren't elite.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's the time of year though that some teams will really step it up/gel and show it.

Yes , hopefully the tournament seeding gods will be kind to Illini.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am as high on Illinois as any team in the Big 10, or maybe the country. They have nice pieces that compliment each other. A couple shooters, a legit big man, some long arms, etc.

After watching a poor Wisconsin team knock of Mich St. today I am more convinced than ever that this league is Iowa, Illinois, or Rutgers. But Iowa is maxed out and overachieving with their unfortunate injuries. Rutgers is alot like Illinois except they don't have a Frazier.

I think Illinois can do this.

Win the league, win the tourney, and get a top 2 seed. They have the pieces and are starting to gel. They got to run this gauntlet...but coming out of the next 9 with a losing record for that stretch would surprise me more than going 8-1.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean this in the nicest way possible, but I hope Iowa absolutely torches Illini today.

It's looking like a good one so far. Going to need a big one from Garza.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ryan Kriener is awful lol, I can't wait for him to graduate.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe one day Underwood will understand how to use timeouts. Maybe one day....

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LFG! Garza never met a shot he didn't like

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When I think about Iowa and Illini basketball being ranked top 20

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do none of you Illini fans want to IGT with me?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Had to finish constructing a playground. These things are a bitch to setup.