CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
In all seriousness, fuck Underwood. This loss is 100% on him. Did he even fucking prepare for this game?
This is dumb. Underwood didn’t miss shots, did not dribble loose or make bad passes for easy turnovers. Kofi was not good defensively. Illinois was very tired. Worse game Ayo had all year. They ran a gauntlet down the stretch, because thats what the worst P5 commissioner scheduled them to do. The Big Ten in general has shit the bed. The officiating in the conference has to change. The slugfests they allow do not prepare them for the tournament that matters.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is dumb. Underwood didn’t miss shots, did not dribble loose or make bad passes for easy turnovers. Kofi was not good defensively. Illinois was very tired. Worse game Ayo had all year. They ran a gauntlet down the stretch, because thats what the worst P5 commissioner scheduled them to do. The Big Ten in general has shit the bed. The officiating in the conference has to change. The slugfests they allow do not prepare them for the tournament that matters.
I would normally agree with that last sentence except we saw exactly the opposite yesterday. Illinois played a team that like to play physical and nothing was being called the Big Ten should have actually prepared them for a game like that.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
UI never changed it's defensive scheme again that curl screen pinch post action, which killed them all day. That's on Underwood to some extent, but the individual players were bad as well. Kofi gave up a few easy baskets to Krutwig, and Ayo was torched several times, like inexplicably just beat cleanly off the dribble or gave up an easy back door probably 5-6 times in the second half alone.

But their offensive production is what really killed them. They played tight, Ayo could never figure out how to deal with the strong hedge off P&R, he just kept backing off and resetting. That's partially on Underwood but more on the players. The terrible shooting, ridiculous turnovers, and blown bunnies are all on the players obviously.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would normally agree with that last sentence except we saw exactly the opposite yesterday. Illinois played a team that like to play physical and nothing was being called the Big Ten should have actually prepared them for a game like that.
Nah. If it was called like the Big Ten, the refs would have interrupted the flow of the game non-stop and almost every starter would have 4 fouls by then end of the game with one on each team fouling out. A couple of flagrants missed even when looking at the monitor. :D

I think the biggest thing missed is I assumed Loyola was a classic 8 seed. They are not. Both Kenpom and NET had Loyola in the top ten. The committee did a lot of teams dirty in that bracket.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Oregon State just beat Loyola. Makes Wood look even more like a cuck.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oregon State just beat Loyola. Makes Wood look even more like a cuck.

UW is absolute fucking trash. My only hope this offseason is some blue blood school or NBA team is dumb enough to pick him up or he gets accused with some controversy and resigns. LUC literally ran the same defense and offense gameplan and he never fucking adjusted. Fuck that guy. Fuck him straight to hell. And by hell I mean some miserable NBA gig. Like coaching the Magic or Hawks

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In all seriousness, fuck Underwood. This loss is 100% on him. Did he even fucking prepare for this game?

This was 100% on him. He needs an X & O's assistant coach because he was outcoached in an embarrassing manner. It was like Nagy going up against Sean Peyton

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So what's the depth chart next year?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Adam Miller is transferring

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Brad Underwood everyone! Bradley Fucking Underwood. Dude took it up the ass to establish the Mac Fire relationshp and now he's getting DP'd.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Rumor it's his mom, I think it's possible he might want to have the ball in his hands more. Dude isn't going to make the NBA as a wing imo. And he's clearly not going to dominate the ball with Curbelo around.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rumor it's his mom, I think it's possible he might want to have the ball in his hands more. Dude isn't going to make the NBA as a wing imo. And he's clearly not going to dominate the ball with Curbelo around.

Underwood's peak here was winning the BTT. At least IU botched their hire

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Why is it that playing time is always an issue at Illinois but not other top programs? I'm getting sick of this shit.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it makes sense. When he committed to the Illini, Ayo was supposed to be here only 1 more year and then he would take over. With the emergence of Curbelo, I don't think Miller was ever going to take over next year. I think he saw his role becoming 3 and D and that's not how he was going to make it to the NBA. I understand why he'd want out. If Kofi comes back, this team could still be good...if he's testing the NBA waters, this team could still make the tournament but I don't see them winning any trophies next year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why is it that playing time is always an issue at Illinois but not other top programs? I'm getting sick of this shit.
There are well over 1000 players in the transfer portal right now. Not just a UI issue.

Nor is it just playing time.