Illini BB

dennehy

Liked Posts:
it makes sense. When he committed to the Illini, Ayo was supposed to be here only 1 more year and then he would take over. With the emergence of Curbelo, I don't think Miller was ever going to take over next year. I think he saw his role becoming 3 and D and that's not how he was going to make it to the NBA. I understand why he'd want out. If Kofi comes back, this team could still be good...if he's testing the NBA waters, this team could still make the tournament but I don't see them winning any trophies next year.
Yes and there is also a chance they get a good transfer SG. This year is a total mess with the new transfer rule.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Miller didn’t transfer you would be bashing him as a player.

I thought Miller struggled but was starting to play better at the end of the year. He was the only guy to hit his FT's too.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes and there is also a chance they get a good transfer SG. This year is a total mess with the new transfer rule.

Its a mess but it finally helps the players

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ayo just declared. Hired an agent

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so Ayo, Trent, Damonte, Miller, Giorgi, and possibly Kofi are gone. Damn...the Illini are going to pretty much have an all new team next year. I really hope Kofi comes back but I think he's gone as well. If UW gets this team to top 3 in the B1G, I'd be impressed.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I liked what I saw from Curbelo as a freshman, but certainly wasn’t looking to make this “his team” in 21/22.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t trust Kedric Prince as a source so I will hope to hear Trent Frazier officially announce he is coming back. It just seems very strange to announce on Friday that you are entering the draft, and on Sunday say you are coming back

I certainly hope he does come back. I just think there are some mixed messages right now.

I saw another report that Adam Miller is already talking to Underwood about staying at Illinois, but again I would love that but don’t want to get my hopes up until I hear something more official.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Evidently Trent's dad made the claim in a live chat. Of course you're right though, I should have stipulated he hasn't announced yet.

There are likely some family/group dynamics at work with Miller, I don't think anyone outside of Miller's group and the coaches really knows much at this point.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Evidently Trent's dad made the claim in a live chat. Of course you're right though, I should have stipulated he hasn't announced yet.

There are likely some family/group dynamics at work with Miller, I don't think anyone outside of Miller's group and the coaches really knows much at this point.
Yeah, I read that Trent's dad said something, but to declare for the draft and seemingly say goodbye, and then have his dad say he's coming back all within 48 hours is what has me uneasy about believing the latest. I would love for it to be true and it certainly is good to hear.

In other transfer news, I know Illinois would love to get Tre Mitchell from UMass, but it seems he and a former coach are a package deal, and illinois has no desire to hire the coach. (which is good - that's so sleazy)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Why would Frazier go pro when he has zero chance of being drafted? I don't really get that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why would Frazier go pro when he has zero chance of being drafted? I don't really get that.
Because there’s pro basketball all over the world that pays her salary to these guys. It’s not just the NBA.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Because there’s pro basketball all over the world that pays her salary to these guys. It’s not just the NBA.

Isn't Europe basically shut down right now? As well as many parts of Asia. I don't see him playing ball anytime soon. Best move is to come back for another year, let most of the world get vaccinated, then go pro.

Now is the wrong time.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Miller needs to realize that he'll never be a full-time PG

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. I don't think he will be a full time PG either. That's why I think he can work with Curbelo. However, it seems AM wants the ball and thinks that's the only way to get to the NBA. If that's what he wants, I don't blame him for wanting out bc I don't think he's getting that ball from Curbelo. As a fan, I'd rather Curbelo be the dominant PG. There's rumor that he might going to Kentucky and if that's the case, I wish him luck over there.

Illini picked up a shooter from Wisconsin today. I think the kid was like 50% from 3 in high school.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ked is a solid source of information.
I just thought he was reporting second hand rather than hearing from Trent. I didn't mean "don't trust him" as much as "don't trust that report". But glad to hear you say that.