Illini BB

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Disappointing news from Coach Underwood today about Curbelo, saying there was a "minor setback", which shoots down media reports that Curbelo would be fully cleared for practice this week.
:-(

Orestes

Liked Posts:
With Kofi in foul trouble, Omar Payne stepped up. Also, Coleman Hawkins with 8 more rebounds. Good to see, they'll be needed. Big weekend of games, at home vs. Michigan and Purdue (Friday and Monday 11 am).

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone tell the Big Ten that when the refs decide to call every little thing, the game sucks, and literally nobody is entertained.

Boring first half.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As pointed out in postgame, Illini were stagnant for a long time, and moved the ball well late in the game and blew it open.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Too many missed rebounds in the second half with Coleman Hawkins just a placeholder for his 26 minutes. At least he looks comfortable out there and should be better on Monday. Loved watching Trent Frazier take over late, taking the pressure off Kofi.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#7 Purdue about to get smacked around by #25 Illini. Early but time for a beer. Wife didn't go for shots.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just changed rankings as game starts. Now #4 Purdue and #17 Illini.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I saw this game was on Fox, so I grabbed a TV, hooked it up to the antenna cable and have it on while working.

This is the first Illini game I'm seeing this year. Offensively they look bad.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh they're now winning.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Illinois has lost only twice in 6 weeks, and each time, I have felt as good about them after the loss as before.

If like last time, #17 will drop for losing to #4 in 2OT because voters are idiots, and Illinois is not a marquee name, but it doesn't matter.

When they take the #4 team to 2 OTs and all I can think is "Illinois is capable of playing much better", I'd say that's a good feeling.

Curbelo being back will make a huge impact, even if it takes a few games for everyone to settle in. It will be a big plus. And let's hope that the overall play today by Bosmans Verdonk is a sign of things to come and not just a fluke. He played well.

Last edited:

Orestes

Liked Posts:
One of the most entertaining Illinois conference games ever. Purdue is immensely talented with their two big men, Ivey, and then Stefanovic with dagger-3 after dagger-3. Our bigs are... Kofi. Our reserve bigs Hawkins and Payne played 11 minutes total, Payne with three fouls in 7 minutes and Hawkins a line of straight zeroes for his 4 minutes. Bosmans-Verdonk was thrown into the fire and was actually decent. With Curbelo (amazing game) added to mix, Illini are a team of Kofi and a uniquely talented but undersized crew. Still, a good chance for a deep tournament run.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
One of the most entertaining Illinois conference games ever. Purdue is immensely talented with their two big men, Ivey, and then Stefanovic with dagger-3 after dagger-3. Our bigs are... Kofi. Our reserve bigs Hawkins and Payne played 11 minutes total, Payne with three fouls in 7 minutes and Hawkins a line of straight zeroes for his 4 minutes. Bosmans-Verdonk was thrown into the fire and was actually decent. With Curbelo (amazing game) added to mix, Illini are a team of Kofi and a uniquely talented but undersized crew. Still, a good chance for a deep tournament run.
Hawkins had the flu.