Illini BB

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Kofi in concussion protocol, declared out vs Maryland. It's showtime for Payne, Hawkins, and Bosmans-Verdonk.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Blizzard ball tonight. Not canceled yet.
Illinois has been encouraging fans for a few days to get their tickets to someone who could make it to the game if they can not get their themselves.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Johnny Davis is a great talent, but excuse me if I get a little pissed hearing BTN studio guys hype him for BT POY.

5-19 tonight, though he pured in a lot of FTs and had a ton of rebounds.

But Kofi w 37 points and 12 Rebounds. Huge!

Why do BTN guys push players with fewer PPG and fewer RPG for POY? They have done same with Liddell. EJ is also great, but his points and rebounds both trail Kofi, so what rationale is there for pushing that narrative?

Orestes

Liked Posts:
Tonight at Purdue should be an indicator of how deep an NCAA tournament run Illini can make. Brad Underwood must figure out how to take the pressure off of Kofi, especially keep him out of foul trouble, unlike last month vs Boilers, when it was largely Andre Curbelo's Jordan-esque performance that gave Illini a chance.

But Curbelo has had minimal impact since and, due to physical issues, I'm not counting on him going forward. Same especially goes for their other centers and power forwards. Have any of them impressed?

Despite all they've accomplished, with their lights-out perimeter shooting, athleticism, and veteran savvy, Illinois is not getting the high rankings on a national scale. Latest bracketologist I checked only had them as a 4th seed.

So I'm putting it on Coach Underwood to get them to the next level, at least a regional final (at the UC!) next month.