Illini BB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dude signed a 1 year non guaranteed contract with the Jazz. I say he ends up in the Italian league
That's a good guess. I wish him well but he would have been better off transferring or staying.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That's a good guess. I wish him well but he would have been better off transferring or staying.
What was he going to do in college to make him better for the current style in the NBA?

While he did improve every year, I don't know what another year would have done for him.

Transfer? What on earth does that do for his pro prospects?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What was he going to do in college to make him better for the current style in the NBA?

While he did improve every year, I don't know what another year would have done for him.

Transfer? What on earth does that do for his pro prospects?
Nothing for pro-prospects. But go to a college where you have a chance to win a title. Underwood isn't going to get him there.

What Underwood needs to do is to get back to his offensive roots and start having this team play like his OSU teams. Fast and aggressive. Not this plodding Big 10 1990's shit.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nothing for pro-prospects. But go to a college where you have a chance to win a title. Underwood isn't going to get him there.

What Underwood needs to do is to get back to his offensive roots and start having this team play like his OSU teams. Fast and aggressive. Not this plodding Big 10 1990's shit.
Which is exactly what they will look like without Kofi in the middle!
They have wings and point guards with talent, and much more height and length than they did with Trent and Plummer on the floor.

They're doing exactly what you're asking for. Kofi playing at a different school does nothing for his NBA prospects. He's better off on a roster or in the developmental league playing against guys at that level.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Which is exactly what they will look like without Kofi in the middle!
They have wings and point guards with talent, and much more height and length than they did with Trent and Plummer on the floor.

They're doing exactly what you're asking for. Kofi playing at a different school does nothing for his NBA prospects. He's better off on a roster or in the developmental league playing against guys at that level.

I so hope your right bro. When UW got hired, I was excited about his scheme. And we have watched the exact opposite.

I want to see the 1990 Loyola Marymount/1989 Flying Illini type of offense. I'm hoping this versatile roster he has this season picks it up.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
ESPN ran a highlight last night titled "Holmgren rejects Cockburn" from the summer league game. I watched the clip and it was Holmgren denying a 6foot guard at the rim. Cockburn was in the background. ESPN sucks as usual

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Illinois BB #23

Honest trivia question:

When was the last time both Illinois football & basketball were ranked at the same time?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There are not 22 teams better than Illinois this year. It may take them a little while to gel though I don’t think it will but by the end of the year they will be more dangerous than in the last two years

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There are not 22 teams better than Illinois this year. It may take them a little while to gel though I don’t think it will but by the end of the year they will be more dangerous than in the last two years
I want to see that fast paced offense that UW ran while at OSU

RiderJake

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Buffaloes
They have every chance to do so. And I expect to see a good game, if only for the sake of having a good time. Hopefully, no amount of injury or weather will change Illinois' winning mood.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Season starts tonight!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Where was Luke Goode?
He broke his foot, out until at least mid-January and probably til February.

They only have two guys who played significant minutes for UI last year, not counting him, and they only are really 9 deep without him (only 10 scholarship players and one is Lieb who is not really playable). They are going to have some growing pains but to me this team has a ton of potential. They can basically switch everything on d because of their length and athleticism, they can pressure, and they can get into to the paint. Should be a fun team but Big Ten season.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini playing the Kangaroos tonight.
I'm wary of their jumping ability.