Soldi Soldi
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Watched the game vs the Boilermakers...Great running back match-up between Epstein and Horvath...I can see them both playing on sundays (hopefully in the Bears blue and orange!). The illini Just didn't have the QB play needed to win a big game vs a big ten team. They have promise. Lovie should be given at least 1 more season.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Watched the game vs the Boilermakers...Great running back match-up between Epstein and Horvath...I can see them both playing on sundays (hopefully in the Bears blue and orange!). The illini Just didn't have the QB play needed to win a big game vs a big ten team. They have promise. Lovie should be given at least 1 more season.
You watched a matchup between Epstein and Horvath? Did you miss that Chase Brown actually led Illinois in rushing with 73 yards? 6.6 avg.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
28 seconds remaining in the 3rd.

Illini have scored a total of 7 points, and trail by 28.

They have thrown ELEVEN passes.

Lovie Ball.

evansanity

Soldi Soldi
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Big Mike Epstein another big game. The one bright spot on our offense. Hopefully we see this guy in a Bears uniform in the near future! Guy runs hard and runs smart.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How bad will they get their ass kicked today? Lovie sucks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, let's see.....

Last week they gave up 41 points and got killed by a team that is 0-3 in their other games and scored zero last night.....is that a good sign?

The heat on Lovie will be intense by 4 PM today. Actually, worse, it won't be because of lack of interest in the program.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes Nebraska is bad.

But was it wrong to say the Illini looked good?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yes Nebraska is bad.

But was it wrong to say the Illini looked good?

They may have been good, they may not have been. It's hard to tell when you're playing a team as bad as Nebraska. The best I'm willing to say at this point is that we are significantly better than Nebraska.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Is that a bad thing?
He gets a big win here and there but has he built an actual winner?
Mike Leach won in Lubbock TX and turned things around in Pullman WA. Off the beaten path more than Champaign. 141-94 record mostly involvong locations extremely difficult to recruit to. Four 8 win seasons, three 9 win seasons and an 11-2 at Texas Tech. Had 4 straight winning years in Pullman going 9-4, 8-5, 9-4, 11-2. Yeah. Not worthy to coach at the football juggernaut, Illinois. BTW, Leach was my pick for the gig that went to Beckman. Where would Illinois football be today, if they had made the right coaching hire then?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Loved the win. Hope it doesn’t keep Lovie in town another year though.

Zero chance now. He's 100% safe. Word is he would have been safe even if he went winless. Apparently the BOT really liked that he let his players take a stand for BLM to start the season.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Northwestern might not have to play Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship... If Ohio State has 1 more game canceled, they won't be eligible. You have to play atleast 6 of the 8 games and this is their 2nd game canceled.